Zipline in Jamaica

aulanidreamer

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done any of the zip lining tours? My kids have been begging to go and I think it might be an unforgettable experience in a place like Jamaica. Any safety issues? Also I see if you book directly through Disney it says minimum age of 8, but directly with company is 6. My youngest will be a few weeks short of 8. Any better plans for Falmouth?

DH and DD went Zip lining in Jamaica a couple of years ago. They had a great time and the guides were very nice. But DH said he would never go again outside the US/Canada, he felt the safety standards were not high enough. I've never been before but they go lots.

We felt safe enough in Jamaica. We did mystic mountain where the bobsled is (are there others? I can't remember).

The guides handled ALL of the connections and disconnections at each stage of the way, and we never felt unsafe. We've done lots of "Go Ape" zip lines in the UK where YOU are the one responsible for connecting and disconnecting and you are effectively self-guided around the course, but this was very different. I was more worried about the chair lift up the mountain :oops:

We too went to Mystic Mountain on the Tranopy Adventure (zip lining and bob sleds). I felt safe going through Disney, and while we were there it seemed like a good enough place. The bobsled worried me a bit because I felt if someone stopped you could easily smash into them going pretty fast, but I stayed alert and all was fine.

we saw the zip lines at mystic mountain. they are the type where they stop you at the end of the run. we have been on others (ketchican) where you wear gloves and have to slow /stop yourself. i prefer them stopping you - less risk of hurting yourself.

we did not do the zip lines here, we did the dunn's river falls walk / climb and the Jamaican bobsled. wish we got two runs at the bobsled! and the falls were awesome!!!!

We have lots of time to figure out our plan, that was just my first thought of something my kids have been asking to do around here. Thanks for input, it's great to hear some companies might be safer than others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter