zipl ine excursion cozumel - anyone done it???

Karen Mouse

resiurK deknoK
Hi

Just been browsing through the excursions and found one that mentions a 2 mile zipline, bike ride and swim...anyone done it?

Sounds like fun! Any ideas of the minimum age?, or whether a child could bypass the activity part and join us at the swim bit?

haven't done that excursion, but took 7 yr old daughter on zip line in costa rica--she loved it--and she( and i )are big chickens!

haven't done that excursion, but took 7 yr old daughter on zip line in costa rica--she loved it--and she( and i )are big chickens!

Thanks Smores, my ds will just be 7, I'm hoping he'll be old enough - he loves ziplines. Was it very high up in Costa Rica and if so how did you get to the top? I've seen ones where you have to climb a telegraph type of pole:eek: and go from pole to pole. Was it this sort?

I cant get onto the site to get more info cos its too busy:surfweb:

ours was from tree to tree--they made little wood perches of sort to stand on--but, don't worry the whole time your harness is connected to a zipline wire so you can't fall--one of the perches was made of wire mesh so you could see down--that was scary! there were i think 12 or 18 lines we took the highest i believe was about 100 feet in the air--a couple zipped you right down to the ground. we didn't have much to climb because of the terrain in costa rica--we took a little swining bridge to the first tree perch and then each perch must have been a little lower. it was great fun we loved it--i'm sure your son will too--when my daughter got back to school and told the kids about the zip line the boys were jealous!

DCL's website shows the minimum age limit is 10 years for that excursion.

We booked our own zip line excursion (no DCL) when the Magic went to Mazatlan in 2005 since our middle son was 9 years old, and the age limit was 10 for the DCL excursion. I know the age limits are sometimes simply for insurance liability reasons, and what really frustrated us about this situation is that my 9 year old son was about 4 inches taller than our traveling companion's 10 year old son. Worked out fine! We had tons of fun on our non DCL excursion (with about 13 other DISers from our cruise meet), and our traveling companions had fun on the DCL excursion (although their son needed help reaching the cable at the start of some of the "drops" and he stopped midway through one of the passes because he did not weigh enough for gravity to take him to the end of that "drop." A guide zipped out and piggybacked him to the end of the "drop."

the excursion is a lot of fun, but most ot the 6 1/2 hours is in transit (a ferry ride to playa de carmen, and then a 60 min bus ride)

the zip line part is about 75 minutes for our group of 22

the bike/swim was about 30 minutes.

here are some pictures

zline1.jpg

zline2.jpg

zline3.jpg

zline4.jpg

Thank you for posting those great photos. He'll definately be too young....oh well....it just means we'll have to go back in a couple of years;)

Just got back today - dd - ages 19 & 12 did this and LOVED IT! They said it was the best thing that they have EVER done - the excursion was running behind so they didn't get to ride the bikes - they were driven by a van to the swimming area - but both said it was the highlight of any vacation we've ever taken, (and not just because of the hot guys! :rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter