Zip lining in Puerto Vallarta

Cdaub

Mouseketeer
We are all signed up for this excursion but I have a few questions for anyone that has done it. My husband had back issues and I know that it says it's not for anyone w/ back problems - but i was wondering how it really is. Is it pretty jerky when you get to the end of the line or is it fairly smooth?

Also - any info on additional things to do there after zip lining would be great.

Thanks!

I found it to be very jerky at the end of the line. I did zip lining in Costa Rica which was much less jerky because they had a braking system that braked for you, all you did was glide and enjoy the ride. With the "Outdoor Adventure" that I did in PV, which was AMAZING my favorite excursion of all time, feeling like I was on 'Survivor' doing boating, mule riding up a mountain, zip lining, rappeling down waterfalls, walking around string foot bridges, it was insanely fun. BUT they did not have a braking system so when you got to the end you had to tug down on the cable to stop yourself or you could fly into a tree! I never quite got the tugging thing right and always felt like I was jerking myself, but it was more like it jerked my upper arm than my back if that helps.

I've done the PV Zip excursion twice now - love it! However, not only are the zips tough on your back, but the ride up in the UMAGOG (sp?) is a bit rough too. Plus, you ride a donkey from the base camp to the top of the mountain where the zip starts.

Don't get me wrong, I would do this excursion (AGAIN) in a heartbeat, but I would think you would not want to do it with back problems.

Thanks for the reply's. Did you do the Canopy Adventure or the Outdoor Adventure? We are doing the Canopy one so I don't think we wil have the mule ride.

Thanks for the reply's. Did you do the Canopy Adventure or the Outdoor Adventure? We are doing the Canopy one so I don't think we wil have the mule ride.

I did the Canopy one.. lots of walking up to the ziplines carrying your thing ( i forget what it is called) to hook you onto the lines.. I think for stopping you move your feet/legs to get a stop/also there is a guide there to help you..

I would call or email them and ask..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter