Zhu

brittsmum1998

<font color=blue>just a shallow excuse to subscrib
Sorry, another thread on the Zhu pets.

My cousin just emailed me and she got one for my dd. DD is 11 yrs old (will be 12 in February) I haven't paid ANY attention to these things because Britt never mentioned them.

Do you think this is something Britt would like? Britt is really into techie type things although she still loves stuffed animals. We do have a bichon whom I'm sure would like the hamster ;)

I hate to hurt my cousins feelings, although she told me if it wasn't what Britt would like to let her know. She got 3 of them and wanted to know what color Britt would like.

TIA

I honestly have never seen one in person, but I assumed they were for school age and younger. Or to drive your pet crazy!:rotfl:

There was something on TV the other morning about them not being safe because of lead or asbestos...my daughter decided she didn't want one right then and there. ;) Good thing, since I wasn't planning on chasing one down.

I actually had three of the zhu zhu's up until a couple of weeks ago. I decided to sell them. My reason, the older kids would probably play with them for about 10 minutes before moving on. I know that my youngest probably would have enjoyed one, but by the time you buy an accessorie, which is about 20 and up, you have already spent about $50 on two items.

My 11 year old daughter mentioned that she would like one. I happened to be in Toys R Us and the guy announced over the loudspeaker that they had them in stock, so I got one. I am sure the dogs/cat will enjoy it when she gets tired of it.

I'll bet she'll be like every other kid. Thrilled with them for like 15 minutes, pick them up every 2 months for another 15 minutes, in the corner with a heap of other blah toys by next Christmas. I don't know if your DD is like my niece, who is the same age, but I could see this toy appealing to the quest for "cute". My niece seems to get really delighted with fuzzy things that seem a little child-like.

I got one for my 5 year old DD. I know she'll be head-over-heels at Christmas, but I make no promises by Easter.

I don't know the answer to that question, either. I was at Toys R Us a couple days ago and noticed them at the counter as I was checking out. Given all the hoopla I'd heard about people wanting them, I went ahead and picked one up for my DGD4. I have no clue whether she will like it or not, either. I would NOT have bought it if I had never heard of it before. It wasn't something that looked all that thrilling to me. However, I figured if it is part of the craze, I may as well join in since it was so easy to do so this time and give it as an extra gift!

I asked Britt about it tonight. She seems to think its more for the younger set, either way she wasn't interested in it.

I emailed my cousin and told her thank you but I thougt it should go to someone else who is really hoping to get this for Christmas.

Thanks all for the advice.

There was something on TV the other morning about them not being safe because of lead or asbestos...my daughter decided she didn't want one right then and there. ;) Good thing, since I wasn't planning on chasing one down.

This is false. It was generated by a new for profit company that is supposed to be reviewing the safety of toys, however their methods and the equipment they use has been deemed inaccurate. They are just a new company who went after the hottest toy to get their name in the news.

I asked Britt about it tonight. She seems to think its more for the younger set, either way she wasn't interested in it.

I emailed my cousin and told her thank you but I thougt it should go to someone else who is really hoping to get this for Christmas.

Thanks all for the advice.

That is what my DD13 just told me. I was going to let you know then I seen your post. :goodvibes

These things did not appear to be anything special to me. I don't know why they are the top selling toy this year. I must be missing something, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter