Zhu Zhu question

sau418

Mouseketeer
My mom bought my DDs some of these for Easter, which I am sure they will love, but do you need the accessories for them to work well or can they just run on the floor? If I need the accessories, I would prefer to get them before my mom gets here so that they are not hounding me for them to work all day on Easter.

Ours works just fine on the floor - better on the kitchen tile than the living room carpet. My DD has had hers for about a month and only just yesterday noticed that there are accessories sold for them (rats! I was hoping to avoid it entirely!). Anyway, you will not need anything extra for them to work.

Ours works best on hard wod but still fine on carpet.

If you do decide to get any accesories do NOT get the hamster ball. It falls apart- th edoor falls off and there is this stablilizer piece that doesnt stay on your pet. It's a nightmare- my DD was so disapointed in it.

We got some for the kids for Christmas. They work great on the floor. But as with most stocking stuffers, have no clue where the rats are no...:lmao:

We did the whole Zhu Zhu thing a few months ago and took all of the accessories back to the store - they were all crappy. The car worked only backwards, the garage kept falling apart if you breathed on it, the rat would get stuck in the exercise wheel... we kept 1 rat and she plays with it occassionally. I think the only thing that worked was the surfboard and the house.

Also, they would not move on our very thick carpet, but I think it would work on thinner carpet - like a thin rug.

And - beware of hair - my DD thought it would be fun to put the rat on top of her head... then her hair got stuck in the wheels and had to be cut out.

I totally second the beware of the hair! My DD's are 5 and 7 and got the hamsters from my parents for Valentine's day. A few days after they got them, DD5 put hers up to her ear to cuddle it and hear it squeak and instant hair entanglement! Bad. Required scissors and she only has a chin length bob to begin with.

I have since gone online and read multiple other stories of kids putting them on mom/dad/grandmas/siblings head with similar results.

If my kids get theirs back they won't have batteries in them.

Thank you so much, we have hardwood in our kitchen and tile in the entryway so they should be fine.

Anyone having problems with their Zhu Zhu not rolling anymore? Both of DD hamsters make sounds, but no longer roll. I changed the batteries and it didn't fix the problem. She doesn't really care, actually. We don't have any of the accessories and she just carries them around like a stuffed animal, but it would be nice if they worked as they were supposed to!

Anyone having problems with their Zhu Zhu not rolling anymore? Both of DD hamsters make sounds, but no longer roll. I changed the batteries and it didn't fix the problem. She doesn't really care, actually. We don't have any of the accessories and she just carries them around like a stuffed animal, but it would be nice if they worked as they were supposed to!
Check the wheels to see if there is a bunch of hair wrapped on them maybe?

They now come with a hair warning sticker tag on them !!
DS has one and the base house. He is getting the sport outfit and a baby for easter. Then I think we will be done. We have berber carpeting and it moves around just fine.

they do move on the floor. We have a higher frieze carpet that they move on, as well as tile floor.

Before you go out and buy any accessories, wait a week or two to see if they really play with them. My kids lasted MAYBE a day or two. now they never touch it. We have the starter kit (Basically a figure 8 that came with one hampster), and the hampster doesn't stay in it anyway. He pushes his way out the cruddy plastic block that is supposed to keep them in. I agree with PP in that the accessories are garbage!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter