zhu zhu pets anyone?

fortheluvofpooh

I believe in fairies, I do, I do!!!!!
I was in walmart today and this woman was practically filling her cart with them. I grabbed 2 of them and put them in my cart. The woman leered at me and said, why did you have to take the most rare one? Apparantly this brown one is rare???? or hard to find??? I haven't a clue, I just know that come Christmas time someone I know will be getting two for a gift. I don't know who yet, but apparantly they are on the most wanted list according to some friends. Does anyone else get they hype on them? they are cute I guess but we can not have them in the house because of my daughters dust mite allergy, ( I limit the stuffed animals for her sake and for my sanity). I am giving them to nieces for christmas. OH and if you are looking for them this was the walmart in Lehighton PA.

I don't know which one is rare but I would have told her that I would be happy to shove a white one up her butt and then she too could have a brown one.:laughing: And no- I am not kidding. I cannot stand obnoxious people especially at Christmas shopping time.

Our Walmart sells them also, and when I asked an employee he said someone had loaded a cart down with all they had. I assume they are now posted on ebay for at least double what the person paid. I think it is crappy for people to take advantage of others like that. Our Toys r us has a limit to what you can buy. I was able to get a hamster and my mom got DS a ball and house, so he will be happy for his bday at the end of the month.
Good luck to those looking, heard they are going to be one of the hottest toys this holiday !!

Funny you mention this, I just heard about these the other day and was looking for something "different" for my daughter's b-day this Sunday. I found out they were sold out on line everywhere and going on e-bay really high. I went to Walmart, Target, Kmart...nothing...stopped at Shopko and they had a whole display on sale. I bought her most of the habitrail set and one extra hamster and went home happy that I found some. Then I saw how much they were going for on e-bay and kicked myself that I didn't buy what was left, which wasn't much but it was all like 40% off for some reason! DER!!!! Oh well...

Last month I searched everywhere for them. DH was able to pick 3 of them up at a TRU. Tomorrow I'm going to walmart to try to get her a sleep dome or a garage. These are THE HOTTEST ITEM for christmas.

I didn't realize they were that popular either until I happened to go to Toys R Us one morning and saw 20 people lined up ouside because they got a shipment in.

My daughter has mentioned them but luckily she is the type that likes anything and doesn't "have to have" something. And to be honest I am SOOO not into running all over the place, getting stressed out trying to find them. I did that years ago for that darn Furby for my brother and never again will I do that!

My guess is they will be a dime a dozen after Christmas and will probably be just one more thing kids don't play with!

can someone explain what these are? anything like the Webkinz craze?

can someone explain what these are? anything like the Webkinz craze?

I dont' get the Craze of it, but they are cute. All the fun of a real hampster without the mess. They have a habitrail, rolly ball thing, and much more.

Okay, so I read this thread yesterday, while my daughter was in the kitchen. I asked her if she had heard of them before, and she hadn't. Then we googled it together and saw a cute little video of them.......guess what she now wants for christmas? Why do I do these things to myself?

does anyone know if you can use real hamster toys/equipment with the zhu zhu pets? i have the hamsters, but my mom thought i might have more luck finding the ball, runs, etc. at a pet store.

and FWIW, i'd like to think that not EVERYONE is loading their carts with this stuff to make a buck...i know i stumbled across a new shipment of them at walmart last week and bought 14 of the 16 little guys. i have 3 kids and these will make great xmas gifts for them, PLUS i know now that i am set for the next few birthday parties the kids are invited to!

We are looking for them for my middle DD. Wal mart has been sold out of them. I keep going in to look for them. Wal mart is the only store we have that carries them.

As far as the tracks go they might work but not the same. they have a track going down the middle that makes the pets do and say different things. The ball comes with a stabilizer but that doesn't seem to help much so a real one may work. They normally stop right before they go into the next room and then take off so i do not know what the difference would be if they were in a real tube. Also aren't most real tubes round so the wheels would not touch.

Just my experience with the zhu zhu pet city and have not tried it in a real one. Sorry that is the best info i have:wizard:

So I went to both wal marts this morning and found that they had some of the blankets, so I picked up a few. Might as well start somewhere! I talked to the lady that runs toys, and she told me to check in November. They have a big shipment coming in, but they are on back order. And if there's none of the shelves, to always ask, because they only put a few out at a time because of those hoarders that buy everything and ruin it for the rest of us. They will have some out back. They get shipments in every night but they don't know if they'll be in the shipment or not. Early in the morning is a good time to check, but I really don't have the time to drive to wal mart every day to check. The lady just told me to call ahead and speak to toys and check. Sounds like a plan to me! Hopefully we'll be able to get some pieces and some hamsters in time for Santa to deliever them.

I had never heard of them before. They are selling for 12-20 dollars on ebay and 20 on amazon. Walmart online shows them out of stock... My kids will be ok without them. One is too little the other too big.

I was looking at these online. Dd hasn't asked for them but would love them.

How much are they usually costing? (just for the hamster) It looked like they are less than $10 at some places and Amazon has them priced at $28.

I was looking at these online. Dd hasn't asked for them but would love them.

How much are they usually costing? (just for the hamster) It looked like they are less than $10 at some places and Amazon has them priced at $28.

wal mart here in OK has them for 8.00 a hamster. Everywhere else is price gauging them. It's extortion! :laughing: I am waiting and stalking our wal marts. I refuse to pay five times as much for these.

Our Walmart sells them also, and when I asked an employee he said someone had loaded a cart down with all they had. I assume they are now posted on ebay for at least double what the person paid. I think it is crappy for people to take advantage of others like that. Our Toys r us has a limit to what you can buy. I was able to get a hamster and my mom got DS a ball and house, so he will be happy for his bday at the end of the month.
Good luck to those looking, heard they are going to be one of the hottest toys this holiday !!

someone did that at our wal mart with the little shipment that they had. Took them all, every last piece. The store put in a new order and should be getting 200 of them, but they are on back order. They said that now, because of that person that took them all, they are only going to be putting a few on the shelves so that they'll have some in the back.

I'm too sick to stalk and picked up three on amazon for $75.

You win some, you lose some. This time I lost--but I'm okay with that.:rotfl:

wal mart here in OK has them for 8.00 a hamster. Everywhere else is price gauging them. It's extortion! :laughing: I am waiting and stalking our wal marts. I refuse to pay five times as much for these.

:laughing:

Wow! Amazon is selling them for $20 more! Walmart online had them for $8.00 too. Had me thinking I was looking at the wrong thing. I will just patiently wait and keep stalking walmart on my lunch hour!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter