zhu zhu pet

llori7

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had any luck finding these in a store? I am trying to get some for my kids for Christmas.

Thanks!

There is a whole lengthy thread on the Budget Board on the chase for Zhu Zhus. A couple of us refer to it as the "Great Hamster Hunt of 2009". My best advice is to drop by your local Wal-Mart or Toys R Us about everyday until you find some pieces, and pick it up a piece at a time. If you can get their staff to tell you when the shipments are coming in that will help. Between 3 Walmarts and 2 Toys R Us stores, I was able to find everything except for the skateboard over the course of the week last week. Certain parts of the country it seems to be a lot harder to do it in that short a time period. The things are going for around 3 times the prices in the store on E-bay right now.

I have also been on the other thread too. I also have picked up a piece at a time. Still can't find skateboard/ u turn thing

My MIL works for Toys R Us and said that when they initially made the order, no one anticipated the demand for them..and they are only allowed to order so many within a certain period.
So....they've already gotten all they are getting before Christmas.

Crazy hamsters:confused3

I have had better luck at Walmart. They do not have the crazy lines of people or the weird policies like TRU does. You are more likely to find them late in the evening as that is when Walmart stocks. Call your local store and ask when they anticipate a shipment. We have been picking them up piece by piece. We only have 1 thing left that we need. Some people have also had luck getting them from the TRU website, but when they put some out there they go quick!

Good Luck! :thumbsup2

I had the worst time finding these for my DD then we went to Walmart and they had everything! The hamsters, the beds, the carrier, the ball, the fun house thing...I bought most of what she wanted as fear I would not find them again!!! Keep looking...we had no luck at TRU or Target.

I would not waste time looking at Target right now. I heard (and it could be a rumor) that they will not get them until Nov. 1st.

I heard our Target has a shippment that they are holding back for Black Friday. I imagine this will be the Black Friday item people will be up at 4 am to get.

My brother is sending me some from Las Vegas, I couldn't find any around here (Chicago). Just glad I got them for a normal price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter