Zenfolio

I use Zenfolio, I like it a lot,
I chose them as my hosting site, because they use mpix as their print lab..

you can use this code to save 5 dollars if you decide to use zenfolio

XE1-C1X-2JF

Love it! I do print fulfillment through my pro-labs, but zenfolio is super easy and mpix is a great lab.

Has anybody used this and have any opinions?
i used them in the past. the tech staff went above and beyond to help. i liked the forum, the set up, the price wasn't bad( only $6 more per yr than where i am now for their pro service). my only problems and main reasons why i changed were, 1)main reason was i don't do event type stuff, just art type prints. i just didn't get enough traffic to sell much there ,like a few hits a week and it was even linked to my website and blog.. i think if you do weddings, etc it would be different( and i need to get myself in gear and work on local recognition as well) but i've gotten more traffic in 2 months where i am than in the whole yr i was in zen. 2) they changed their "gift " distributor and the prices went up a lot. (my biggest order ever was someone who bought photo mugs and mouse pads for all her employees and the prices with the new gift place at zen just went prohibitively high)
I really do like imagekind.com, where i am now. pros:you can set your prices even with the free account, it's more of a "community" ( ie set up more like flicker as to comments, favorites, groups & the forum is less complaining about the site ( zen someone was always complaining about something) and more just art related or "how do i do" stuff),i get more traffic since it's strictly for art prints and cards and it seems their search picks me up more, they have a lot more paper choices and virtual framing, you don't have to crop photos since they figure out the sizes to print by the size and resolution you upload, frame them with mats and glass as well( zen said they were going to offer that when mpix did, don't know if they have or not.)
cons are the actual prints are more for me( they are actual art prints so i think if i want to get it printed my price is like $8 for a larger print) and their gifts are handled by a separate sister site, cafepress which i haven't even set up yet( wanted to see how i liked imagekind first since you can start with just a free set up with them ) but i guess technically that would give me more exposure.

I also use zenfolio and give it 2 thumbs up. Excellent service. :)

I just started using Zenfolio (thanks Mickey 88!). I really like it better then Picassa, and some of the others. I am trying to sell some youth sports pictures there, and it definitely looks very professional. I printed some photos recently to see how they would turn out, and MPix did a very nice job.

I would certainly recommend them.

I used it for awhile but found that SmugMug was a bit more to my tastes. I do useMpix for some photos but just grew to like SmugMug better.

Just my $.02

I ahve a Zenfolio account to post all the pics from my sessions. I LOVE MPix and it's the only lab I use so Zenfolio is perfect for me. I ahve a pro account and set my own prices depedning on what the session is for and Wedding prices are different. It also stops people from swiping it as a digital image cuz no matter what they do, it will have PROOF written right across it so it won't make a good print. I think with baseball and football pictures, I will offer a digital download, not sure how much though.

I just started using Zenfolio (thanks Mickey 88!). I really like it better then Picassa, and some of the others. I am trying to sell some youth sports pictures there, and it definitely looks very professional. I printed some photos recently to see how they would turn out, and MPix did a very nice job.

I would certainly recommend them.

you are very welcome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter