• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra Domes

It is an espresso mousse, very good, light and delicious.

The were and still are served as dessert at the Boma buffet, but you can now purchase them in the Mara restaurant, refrigerator section.

A zebra dome is: A chocolate/hazlenut "cookie" base, topped with a dollup of mousse, and then iced with white chocolate or Milk chocolate .... Very decadent.

Here's a picture from Deb's site:

akl_boma14.jpg

Do they taste like coffee?

I have heard so many great things about them and they look so tasty that I was looking forward to trying them on our next trip but I HATE the taste of coffee. Blech! I was hoping it was more of a chocolate mousse center....

I finally tried some of these after hearing everyone rave about them. I am a chocolate lover. I didn't like them. I think they were like $6 at Mara. Not worth it!

DH & DD don't like coffee either - they didn't think the coffee taste was that noticeable. I was totally addicted and bought 5 boxes at Mara to bring back for co-workers. (They came packaged in packs of 5 I think, zebra domes and chocolate mousse crunch for about $4)

Here's the recipe if you want to know the ingredients ahead of time:
www.allearsnet.com/din/rec_zebra.htm

Thanks! Looks like I will be missing out on these as I'm allergic to most of what's in em! Didn't want to get my hopes up!

I really loved these. I could have made a complete meal out of Zebra Domes and the Butternut Squash Soup alone and left a VERY HAPPY woman! princess: pirate: :earboy2:

Another person disappointed with Zebra Domes. Great idea....the ones we had were pooly executed (and over hyped) - with stale mousse. But give them a try if you are at Boma, you can always take something else from the buffet as well.

OMG Zebra Domes have become one of my top favorite treats in WDW!! I DO think they have some coffee flavor to them, which I happen to love. You should try them once though, you might like them! :) I could go for a few right now, mmmmmmmm. :goodvibes Oh and all the ones I ate in Feb. were very moist and fresh tasting! :confused3

So those are what the zebras leave on the savannah.... :teeth:

We've had them at Boma and they are VERY yummy, Boma has a lot of great desserts though, so save room for them.

What other desserts at Boma do they have besides zebra domes, I know the menu says paw prints, which I heard are brownies, but what else is usually there?

The dessert selection varies (as do the entree and side dishes), but there are always at least 4-6 different dessert options. Allearsnet.com has some photos of the buffet here to give you some idea...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter