• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra Domes

bugsy

tinkerboo
I've been reading about zebra domes, want to try them. I saw the have them at Bomas, looked up the menu on allears. my DH :smooth: is not so adventurous with his meals as I am, so he might not like Bomas :sad2: Is here anywhere else I can get my mitts on one?????

Mara's at AKL also has them in their refrigerated case. I think it's a box of like maybe three along with something else in there.

Yep, just get your Zebra Domes in Mara, comes with two of the little chocolate mousse cups/chocolate shell.

I think that they are 'eh' - ie just ok.

I like the chocolate mousse squares in the box better (the box from Mara)

Believe it or not, the box lasted 3 days in my fridge before it was finished - a sign that the zebra domes were just 'eh' to me!!

I didn't love them either. They were OK, but I thought the real winner at Boma was the little pineapple cheesecake on white chocolate.

I prefer the chocolatemousse canapees, they are awesome! I am dreaming about them almost every night :) Or maybe I just want to return to AKL?
The zebradomes taste like coffee with lots of cream, they aren't my favourite either. But the chocolatemousse ones are terrific, especially the chocolate thing on the bottom.
Do they sell those at Mara as well?

Zebra Domes are yummy, but I crave the chocolate hazelnut crunch, which I believe is the chocolate mousse thing everyone is describing. It is a dome of rich chocolate hazelnut "pate" (denser than mousse) sitting atop a crisp chocolate wafer. So good.

CRSNDSNY said:
Am I the only one here who didn't care for the Zebra Domes?

I like the concept, but thought they were poorly executed. Ours were stale - and mousse that is two hours too old is gross.

lisareniff said:
I didn't love them either. They were OK, but I thought the real winner at Boma was the little pineapple cheesecake on white chocolate.
OOOOOH boy does THAT sound yummy! 3 of my fav things, pineapple, cheesecake, white chocolate--and all together :cloud9: can you get those at the snack stands, or only at Bomas?

YES they sell the chocolate mousse things with the crunchy bottom at the Mara, in the same box as Zebra Domes (why don't they do one of 3x each, one of 6x Zebra Domes, and one of 6x chocolate mousse squares??)

Or I'll trade you 3 Zebra Domes for 3 chocolate mousse squares!!!

Maybe this is a strange question, but I am curious about how many chocolatemousse squares or zebra domes are you able to eat? :)
These things are so rich and full of calories I can only finish two or maybe three. I have seen people with plates full, but maybe that was the only thing they ate at Boma :rotfl: :rotfl:

LOL! I think some people go into training before their trips so that they can eat huge amounts! (Not flaming big eaters, I just don't know how they fit it all).

I can barely eat two zebra domes & two chocolate hazelnut things. They are small, but sooo rich.

bugsy said:
OOOOOH boy does THAT sound yummy! 3 of my fav things, pineapple, cheesecake, white chocolate--and all together :cloud9: can you get those at the snack stands, or only at Bomas?

I looked twice, but only the zebra domes/chocolate mouse boxes. :guilty:

CRSNDSNY said:
Am I the only one here who didn't care for the Zebra Domes?

No your not! Dh and I didn't care for Boma's at all especially the Zebra Domes!!

This restaurant is overrated in my opinion, but as they say to each his own :sunny:

The Zebra Domes although good are not my favorite either. I like the bread pudding with the vanilla cream sauce better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter