• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra domes

When we were there in June we ate at Mara's several times. The first night there, I did not see any Zebra domes, but the preceding days they were definately for sale. Oh, how I wish I could stop in for some today. Enjoy one for me!!!

Linda

Anyone know if there is any alcohol in the zebra domes? What's in them anyway???:confused:

Originally posted by rjjr
Anyone know if there is any alcohol in the zebra domes? What's in them anyway???:confused:

I do not think there is alcohol. They are a whipped cappucinno(sp?) with chocolate stripes therefore they call them Zebra Domes. The whipped cappucinno is shaped like a dome. They served mini-zebra domes in the AKL Coneriege in Feb. They are out of this world.

rjjr,

Here is what is in them... there is a bit of Kahlua but also this recipe is for about 16 servings...

1 pound milk chocolate
¼ cup espresso coffee
5 egg yolks
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
6 sheets gelatin
½ cup Kahlua Liqueur
4 cups heavy cream
¾ cup white chocolate ganache
¼ cup dark chocolate ganache

Taryn,

Thanks for the info, I thought I could taste a little something in it in April when we were at Boma. Sooooooo tasty!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter