• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

zebra domes

SPOERLX3

DIS Veteran
I MUST, MUST, MUST TRY A ZEBRADOME WHEN WE GO IN DECEMBER. NOW MY DELIMA~~~~WE HAVE ADR's AT BOMA FOR BREAKFAST~8AM. I have been told they don't serve zebradomes at breakfast and we will be heading to the park as soon as we are done with breakfast. So my ? is:

WHEN, HOW AND WHERE CAN I GET A ZEBRADOME. :sad1:
Will I have to go back to AKL during lunch or dinner? :confused3

Silly question, but I've not come accross them - what's a zebradome? We're dining at Boma during our trip in December, and it would be great to know if they are a must try thing.

I MUST, MUST, MUST TRY A ZEBRADOME WHEN WE GO IN DECEMBER. NOW MY DELIMA~~~~WE HAVE ADR's AT BOMA FOR BREAKFAST~8AM. I have been told they don't serve zebradomes at breakfast and we will be heading to the park as soon as we are done with breakfast. So my ? is:

WHEN, HOW AND WHERE CAN I GET A ZEBRADOME. :sad1:
Will I have to go back to AKL during lunch or dinner? :confused3

Mara has zebra domes prepackaged, so I would suggest picking some up and storing them in your backpack. I don't know how long they will keep (they are refrigerated at Mara), so would probably eat them within a few hours. Ifdon't know if you know where Mara is in relation to Boma, so will give you quick directions. When you exit Boma, take a left and follow the doors outside. The pool will be at about 11:00. Hang a left once you are outside and follow the walkway. Mara will be on your left.

Silly question, but I've not come accross them - what's a zebradome? We're dining at Boma during our trip in December, and it would be great to know if they are a must try thing.

Zebra domes are a dessert with a sponge cake bottom. They have a mousse type filling, and are chocolate and kahlua flavored. They are pretty little things, and many people are nuts for them, but I don't think they are anything to write home about. I am definately in the minority with my opinion!

Thanks for the info - they actually sound like my sort of thing so I'll give them a try in December. DD is keen to see AKL as she would like to stay there, and dinner felt like the best opportunity!

Actually, the WHOLE dessert area of Boma is great! Think bite sized tarts/pastries/ZEBRADOMES...all small enough that you can take a plateful to sample many. :upsidedow I love Boma and can't wait until our next visit in October.:yay:

The food CS place Mara has them in the cooler case. We tried them in Dec and I was disappointed in them...the hype made them sound amazing but they were just ok to us. I think I paid $4 for 6 of them

We enjoyed the Zebra domes during our last trip. They were rich and creamy...totally awesome IMO. Some others in my party said they were too rich, but i think they were great. Can't wait for our trip in 5 months.:cool1:

I had them at the dinner buffet. I really did not care for them. Not to my liking yuck. I don't know what the hype is about those. I didn't even like Boma food. Go to Ohana instead yummy!!!!!!

Mara has zebra domes prepackaged, so I would suggest picking some up and storing them in your backpack. I don't know how long they will keep (they are refrigerated at Mara), so would probably eat them within a few hours. Ifdon't know if you know where Mara is in relation to Boma, so will give you quick directions. When you exit Boma, take a left and follow the doors outside. The pool will be at about 11:00. Hang a left once you are outside and follow the walkway. Mara will be on your left.

Unfortunatly Zebra Domes don't keep well if they are not kept cold. We picked some up after lunch at Mara(my mom loves the soups) and drove back to FW, by the time I put then in the RV fridge they had melted together, messy but still yummy for a bedtime snack.

Our family loves the zebra domes! They are such a simple and pretty little
dessert-I think the name of them and the atmosphere of Boma just makes it
fun! I am happy to know that The Mara sells them, too!

Here are a couple of pictures I took of dessert at dinner at Boma. The little striped guy in the front is the Zebra Dome :)

P1010173.JPG

And this is the INSIDE of a Zebra Dome :magnify:

P1010174.JPG

Thank you all for all of this info, for $4 they are at least worth a try! Thank you for the directions to Mara, I will head over there after breakfast and with 4 of us,we can probably wipe out 6 pretty quick.

We aren't going till December, but I will give my opinion about them and the rest of the trip, when we get back!

thank you all again!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter