• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra domes - tell me about this

abarnes64

Mouseketeer
Where can we get these in AKL? AND, what the heck are they? Still with all the hype, I gotta try one !

They are served on the buffet at Boma and can also be found in the cold case at the Mara.

I tried them at Boma and didn't care for them.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am personally not a fan. I tried them at Mara. They have a very distinct liquor flavour which was not at all appetizing to me or DH. They ended up in the garbage

I thought I heard the best place to get them was outside or something at AKL like by the spitfire grill near the animal look-outs or something? I am staying at AKL for the first time this december - can't wait to try them!

We like them. It's chilled mousse on a cake base covered in white chocolate and striped like a zebra. It has amarula liqueur that gives it a distinctive flavor.

The Disney Food Blog featured them in this article (scroll down past the Dole Whip):
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/12/03/5-must-eat-disney-snacks-you-can-get-without-a-park-ticket/

And the recipe which subs kahlua for the amarula, but the ingredient list for the zebra domes lists amarula liqueur:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/06/23/recipe-bomas-zebra-domes/

We found them to be a bit of spongy mush with not a great flavor. Don't understand the hype.

Please note that these are made with alcohol.

Thanks for the link to the pics and write up! I'm a coffee lover so I think I'll love them! We can't wait til our F&W trip in sept! Eek!!! Only 96 days

Thanks for the link to the pics and write up! I'm a coffee lover so I think I'll love them! We can't wait til our F&W trip in sept! Eek!!! Only 96 days

If you are a coffee lover, the Kenyon coffee dessert tarts served at Boma are not to be missed!! Plus, they probably have the best pressed pot in wdw, along w Sanaa !!!

If you are a coffee lover, the Kenyon coffee dessert tarts served at Boma are not to be missed!! Plus, they probably have the best pressed pot in wdw, along w Sanaa !!!

Grabs heart- can't wait to try the Kenyon dessert tarts!!! Coffee is good huh? I'm considering shipping my keurig and French press to WDW for my owners locker.......

The coffee around the park is WEAK. We barely made it and stumbled upon the occasional Starbucks mirage and were rejuvenated, ha!

tinkerhon said:

This is off topic as far as the Zebra Domes but do the rooms at AKL have coffee pots? Is there anywhere to get good coffee at AKL without going to Boma or Sanaa?

Yes they do have coffee pots with Disney coffee. Hmmm - I don't recall any place with good coffee but I didn't drink coffee at Boma and we skipped Sanaa last trip.

The coffee around the park is WEAK. We barely made it and stumbled upon the occasional Starbucks mirage and were rejuvenated, ha!

Where and when were you looking? The non starbucks around the parks and resorts is Joffreys, which is a Florida roaster and I find it to be rather good. In addition it's entirely possible that they are providing the Kenyan coffee for those desserts...they provided the beans in a bag that I bought at kidani's giftshop!

Where and when were you looking? The non starbucks around the parks and resorts is Joffreys, which is a Florida roaster and I find it to be rather good. In addition it's entirely possible that they are providing the Kenyan coffee for those desserts...they provided the beans in a bag that I bought at kidani's giftshop!

I am referring to coffee at tusker and tamu tamu. I'm a starbucks fan but I also like peets coffee.

II have tried this Joffrey's coffee, if this is what they supply in rooms or places like kiosks or restaurants .

I have not seen the Joffrey's coffee label before - I'll look it up.

abarnes64 said:
Yes they do have coffee pots with Disney coffee. Hmmm - I don't recall any place with good coffee but I didn't drink coffee at Boma and we skipped Sanaa last trip.

Thanks! I have reservations at both but have to have coffee every morning! :) I may also pack my Keurig.

I looked it up and Joffrey's seems to be the Disney brand of coffee. Perhaps I need to seek out Joffrey espresso?

Grabs heart- can't wait to try the Kenyon dessert tarts!!! Coffee is good huh? I'm considering shipping my keurig and French press to WDW for my owners locker.......

It's amazing!!! I believe the press pot at "Sanaa" is Kenyan AA --- not sure about "Boma", but just as good!!!

Zebra Domes - for me - blech. I love coffee so I thought these would be just my thing. To me, they were smushy, mushy little things with a flavor more like cheap Easter chocolate. Could I be more specific? :rotfl:
The Kenyon dessert tarts, served at BOMA, were unbelievable - serious heaven in a bite. I think I ate my weight in those little beauties. :lovestruc

abarnes64 said:
Where can we get these in AKL? AND, what the heck are they? Still with all the hype, I gotta try one !

Personally, I loved them. When we were there 2 years ago I used snack credits for them at Mara (AKL quick service). They are chocolate liquor type desserts.

Zebra Domes - for me - blech. I love coffee so I thought these would be just my thing. To me, they were smushy, mushy little things with a flavor more like cheap Easter chocolate. Could I be more specific? :rotfl:
The Kenyon dessert tarts, served at BOMA, were unbelievable - serious heaven in a bite. I think I ate my weight in those little beauties. :lovestruc

The last time we went to "Boma" (April) , I actually went to get the Kenyon tarts before any other food!!!!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter