Zaby's Motor Lodge on Katella/Habor: OMG this happened there?

Grim_Grinning_Girl

DIS Veteran
I've always been curious about the Zaby's Motor Lodge motel because it's very close to Disneyland and we once asked about their rates, and the price was right.

Looking up pictures on Google and I came across this news report. Very sad and awful, it's a story about a gang assault on a woman so if you are sensitive to stories such as this I would skip reading it:

http://moderntribalist.blogspot.com/2006/03/woman-cheered-her-18-year-old-son-and.html

And yes of course this can happen anywhere so this is nothing against Zaby's, just surprising and sad to read that this took place so close to where I travel so often.

What a really disgusting and mortifying story. Right when one might actually believe something like that won't ever happen again in this country, well it does! When is the violence going to stop against women? It seems to me that what with all of the current and not so old stories in the news about women being attacked by jealous boyfriends or so called friends. And husbands murdering their wifes, and the list goes on. That truly a war has been waged against women. Well good luck bud with this Queen B! Because it ain't gonna happen! If anything, it won't be over my dead body, but it will be yours, it's called self defense. I am ready, so don't mess with this *****!

It seems to me that what with all of the current and not so old stories in the news

While 5 years ago, may be "not so old" but do keep in mind that this article is from 2006. (not that that changes how horrible and disgusting some people in this world are :scared:...)

I personally think that this story is so sad, and to see that the girl did choose to report them.

I am glad too that she reported them. Because if one is silent, then that silence acts as a type of acceptance of the crime. And there is probably a very good chance that one's attacker will victimize other women too. Maybe even assault their same victim. After all, lightning can strike twice. What is truly sad too, is that not even children are always safe in their own homes or schools. So many are victimized by sick parents or other relatives, or so called trusted neighbors or friends, or teachers. These children, teenagers or young adults suffer in silence, thinking that perhaps somehow what has happened to them is their fault. And the list continues on. One can end up becoming a messed up adult as a result. Ever wonder why it is that so many adults self medicate with food, or alcohol or drugs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter