Yuengling

I'm in PA and went to Penn State, Yuengling Lager was sold by the gallon. Frankly, I think it's dreadful. Perhaps because I drank a lot of it during my college days. I have not picked it up in close to 15 years.

Also not a Victory fan. Dogfish Head is good, however. Troegs is a little brewer in Harrisburg that is also churning out some good stuff. A nod to Magic Hat HIPA as well.

If you don't want a hoppy brew, I suggest Franziskaner Heffeweiss. They should have it at Oktoberfest. Better than Franzis, however, is Wiehenstephaner Heffeweiss. An outstanding wheat beer, very refreshing.

And though it pains me to say this, Safari Amber isn't too bad for a re-badged Michelob. It's drinkable enough on a hot day in the park.

Bottom Line - skip the Yuengling and head over to Oktoberfest for Franzis or Big River for a flight of stuff, just skip the light entry.

I know they serve it as some of the stand alone refreshment kiosks in Epcot Future World.. ESPN Club also has it on tap. I always go there and have a few on my way back to the Dolphin.

you can get some of the really nice La Fin du Monde over at Le Cellier. The Moosehead sold at the Canada kiosk is passible.

I like the 120 mixed with WW Stout to create a heaven & hell.

Brocktoon, the Ayinger O'fest is always solid, for domestic I like Thomas Hooker (the Brooklyn offering is getting good buzz this year on the Beer Advocate board).

At stores around WDW I have been picking up some Bell's since it is not available in NE. Cigar City is a good Fla local brewery.

Ayinger Oktoberfest is fantastic. Same with Paulaner, Hacker-Pschorr and Hofbrau.

Marzen is probably my favorite style of beer, and I'm definitely looking forward to this years F&W event.

Forgot to mention earlier that The Wave has some interesting organic brews on tap-- can't remember what they were called.

you can get some of the really nice La Fin du Monde over at Le Cellier. The Moosehead sold at the Canada kiosk is passible.

I saw that Le Cellier has a number of Unibroue selections available. I recently had Troi Pistoles and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to sampling some other entries as we have a reservation for Cellier.

The Wave has an organic orange blossom pilsner- quite good, but I didn't really get anything 'orange blossom-y' about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter