Yuck water!!

NeverlandClub23

AKV & OKW DVC Member
I try and try to drink more water but I only like it when it's ice cold and I'm hot (which is rare). I do love the Crystal Light packets and making sweet tea with Splenda. But is it healthy to drink that much "fake" sugar if I drink the recommended amount of H2O daily in those types of drinks? I just can't get used to drinking water! Any tips? TIA! :yay:

I love to add fruit to my water. A few slices of fresh fruit adds negligable calories and a hint of flavor. I've even added a "splash" of fruit juice when I didn't have fresh fruit on hand. Try lemon, lime, orange, strawberries, peaches, nectarines, plums -- anything with lots of flavor and juice!! I'm currently on a seltzer water kick -- trying to break my soda addiction one step at a time. I make my own and add some fruit -- yummo!

My favorite beverage in the world is ice-cold spring water with fresh lemon and lime in it, and I'll add a few granules of SweetNLow to it. I use Crystal Light sometimes, but I think about all of the chemicals too. It's difficult to develop a taste for plain water.

MJMouse: I'll have to try the other fruits that you've mentioned, that sounds so good!

Isn't it amazing. Water is an "aquired taste." I have aquired it over time and after lots of trying I am finding I can drink water under any condition, even after my water bottle has been in the hot car after a walk in the park and I am thirsty. (I hear your groans all the way over here.)

I worried that same thing about the chemicals so I've been trying really hard. It took me time. Don't give up.

Thanks so much everyone!! I'm addicted to Diet Soda but I'm really trying to give it up and I think all of these ideas will really help! Thanks again! :goodvibes :disrocks:

I have trouble with my water sometimes to so I usually make a deal with myself that if I can drink 5-6 cups of water I can let myself have a 20 oz. bottle of Crystal Light to finish off my 64 ozs. Somedays I find that I don't need it but it is nice to know that I can at least allow myself to use the CL if I need to.

I have trouble with my water sometimes to so I usually make a deal with myself that if I can drink 5-6 cups of water I can let myself have a 20 oz. bottle of Crystal Light to finish off my 64 ozs. Somedays I find that I don't need it but it is nice to know that I can at least allow myself to use the CL if I need to.

That's a great idea! Thanks! :thanks:

So the crystal light isn't good to drink all the time???? wow I never have water without it. Ok I have to wing myself off ugggg. I need to drink more water over the last 2 day I think I have maybe had 3 bottles of water with CL.:sad2:

I believe Spenda is made from real sugar, so it's not as "fake" as Sweet & Low or Equal. Am I right?

Weight Watchers recommends 6-8 8-oz glasses of water per day. They also state that if you drink at least 1/2 of these in "real" water, you can sub calorie-free, caffeine-free drinks for the other 1/2.

I don't have a problem drinking water, as long as it's cold. I also try to make myself order water at a restaurant. Besides being good for me, it's A LOT cheaper than ordering a diet coke (and not many places serve caffeine free).

I got this off of the Splenda website:

Sucralose (or SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener), the high intensity sweetener used in the SPLENDA® Products is not natural. It is a no calorie sweetener that is made from a process that starts with sugar. Although sucralose has a structure like sugar and a sugar-like taste, it is not natural. The advertising and packaging for SPLENDA® Products do not represent the product as “natural.”

Also, I get really bad headaches if I drink a lot of stuff with sugar substitutes so I figure my body's not too happy with sucralose or aspartame. :upsidedow

I would imagine drinking Crystal Light is still better for you than drinking soda. :thumbsup2

How about flavored water. We love Fruit2o grape, but there are many different flavors & brands available now. :)

I hate water too, so I am not sure I can help....

My philsophy is that I need this, it is medicine that helps up my metabolism and hydrate me, and it will help with weight loss. Plus it's free. I have decided that spring water, distilled water, tap water... all tastes like crap to me so I might as well not pay for it!

I have a 32 oz bottle at work that I fill once in the morning and once in the afternoon and I FORCE myself to gag it all down. Afternoon goes easier because I take a vitamin and gulp a lot down with that (it does say take with a full glass of water! :laughing: )

At home, I have a big plastic cup that I know is 32 oz and I drink 2 of those on weekends. If I treat myself to a glass of wine or a beer I make myself drink at least half of that cup before or after the treat.

I even occasionally make it to more than 64 oz, but I make that my minimum.

I used to hate water too. I use CL a lot and other flavored waters. I will use half cl/flavored and half plain tap water in one glass to stretch out the expensive stuff. It gives enough flavor to the water so I can keep drinking.

Also try some of the different plain bottled waters. I can really tell a difference between them.

Wow, I never realized how lucky I am that I love water. I've never had any problems drinking it at all, and actually hate the crystal light stuff. (I do love diet coke though.)

When I'm in the mood for something with some flavor though I love "Fruit Water". It's made by the same people who do the fitness water and vitamin water lines. They only have a handful of calories and the flavor is light and never chemically tasting. It's the only fruit flavored water I like. I like to take one make it last all day by adding only a portion of it to a regular glass of water. I feel like I'm getting more for my money that way.

Wow, I never realized how lucky I am that I love water.
Wow, me too....I actually tend to fill up my 32 oz (hospital) cup 3-6 times a day in the 8 hours I'm at work. This does not include anything I have in the evening another 2-4 big glasses of water. I almost think it's a condition or sickness as I just can't seem to drink enough. I know my co-workers make fun...becuase I have to go PEE every hour! LOL.....

If you can find the natural sweetener Stevia, you can add that and a few slices of lemon to your gallon of water and it tastes just like propel water. Stevia is very good, and a few drops go a very very long way.

Hehehe. I have the same problem! I have actually had to "step away" from a conference call once or twice. :laughing:

I am so bad about drinking water. And, if I drink bottled water, I am particular. I often hope that diet Coke will be the new water. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter