Yuck! Please help!

matocody1997

Mouseketeer
Tonight I started printing out some of the DISigns and for some reason the black ink is a mess! Any area that is black is for some reason running all over the design. :sad1: What am I doing wrong? I am using Avery dark transfers and choosing photo quality when printing. On the print options where it has paper types I am choosing photo/glossy. I tried changing to cardstock and plain paper, but the image doesn't look very nice when printed. The printer seemed to print too fast on those. I look at everyone photos of finished shirts and they seem so neatly printed. Could it be my printer? It's a Lexmark inkjet.:confused3

I would definitely not choose photo/glossy-
What other choices do you have?
I don't have a LEXMARK
Do you have a "specialty paper" option- if not use card stock option- It is not going to print as bright as your screen "shows" per say- & any paper is going to absorb some of the ink-
Photo/glossy shouldn't come out a mess either though- are you leaving the transfer to sit flat for a bit before moving it around? You need to let it "dry" a bit and don't touch it, and don't sit anything on it- Maybe even let it sit overnight...
other than photo print- best other selection would be card stock- it is thicker and will print with more ink as it prints since cardstock absorbs a LOT of ink-
Good Luck!

check the directions that came with your transfers
if I remember correctly you should choose the plain paper
option when printing on the dark transfers
hope that helps

I have a lexmark but I have never used the Avery dark transfers. My Lexmark as an option for iron on paper and I use that. I have not had a problem with it running. I agree, I would not choose glossy. Hope that helps.

Tonight I started printing out some of the DISigns and for some reason the black ink is a mess! Any area that is black is for some reason running all over the design. :sad1: What am I doing wrong? I am using Avery dark transfers and choosing photo quality when printing. On the print options where it has paper types I am choosing photo/glossy. I tried changing to cardstock and plain paper, but the image doesn't look very nice when printed. The printer seemed to print too fast on those. I look at everyone photos of finished shirts and they seem so neatly printed. Could it be my printer? It's a Lexmark inkjet.:confused3

I did this too, but my excuse was I had the paper in the wrong way. It printed on the back and hello, somehow I didn't figure that out till a while later. So maybe check that? Hope it helps...

just wanted to let you know that once you iron the transfer on to the shirt the colors will be much more vibrant than what they look like on the transfer paper. I have used 3 different printers and I will say the things I print on the Lexmark printer don't come out as nice as with the other printers but I wanted to let you know that it does look better when you iron it on. hope this helps!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter