YSH porterhouse for 2?

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
I was just catching up on the food blog and read about this dish,and it sounded really good. We haven't been to YSH for 10+ years and keep talking about going back.

I was a little shocked at the price $50/steak/meal. I've actually never had a porterhouse before - always have a filet or sirloin. How much meat would actually come from a 32 Oz porterhouse (sans bone)? Curious if it might feed 3 of us (including DD14) - especially if we ordered an appetizer or additional side.

Thanks

We get the porterhouse all the time and share it, we get 2 appt. to go with it. Not sure of the weight without the bone, but plenty for 2 people, you might be pushing it with a third person, especially with only one appt.
Just a reminder the steak come with nothing.
But it is so good.

Just had this meal in Dec. The price is actually $110, it does come with a couple sides, including potato gratin. It's meant for two people and I think stretching it to a third might be pushing it. Yes it's a good bit of meat but I'm not quite sure it's three people worth.

I have done the porterhouse for myself twice in my life. (probably never again). That was when i was 18 and 19 years old. But it is possible and its a great steak. I think it would be the perfect size for two people. At YSH they also have some sides you can add to your meal if you think just the steak may not be enough for the two of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter