YSH or Le Cellier?

sto6917

"If only I had not accepted that invitation to din
I've got an ADR at Le Cellier, but have read that food is better at YSH. What to do? (Can't do both!)

We've eaten at both - YSH twice and Le Cellier 3 times. That said, we enjoy YSH more. Not only is the dining room at YSH more spacious, but the food quality seems to be consistently good. We've rarely been at YSH when it was crowded (been both in June of 2007 and March of this year, the week following Easter Sunday). When we've been to Le Cellier (Christmas week 2006, June 2007, and October 2008), it's always packed. My risotto was undercooked 2 of the 3 times (I get the mushroom filet), the beer cheese soup tasted "off" in June 2007 (almost like the cheese was outdated?). The chocolate "moose" is always good, though! :)

You pay more at YSH, but I feel that the meal overall - the food quality, the presentation of the meal, the atmosphere and decor - put YSH at a notch above LC. To me, YSH is worth a 2 table service credit (we are DVC members and thus use the DDE, but still), whereas LC is not. Both are good, but LC is hit and miss for us, whereas YSH is always spot on.

A caveat: We are firm believers in not taking others' word for it bur rather experiencing a restaurant for yourself. This explains why we love Coral Reef and Teppan Edo while many DISers do not. We also like Boma, California Grill, Prime Time Cafe, the food at Hoop Dee Doo, Crystal Palace (dinner), Citricos, etc. We do not care for Hollywood Brown Derby, Kona has been hit-and-miss, Narcoossee's, etc. (all as a point of reference). In short, experience it for yourself, no matter what others on here may say. Wherever you go, enjoy!

Aww man I love Le cellier.... we are going to try YSH in May and also go back to Le Cellier.

Ok umm have you tried Le Cellier before?

both are good. some prefer yachtsman and some prefer le cellier. you will never get a consensus on this board. stick with le cellier, and go to yachtsman another time.

I've got an ADR at Le Cellier, but have read that food is better at YSH. What to do? (Can't do both!)

Are you looking for a true Steakhouse experiance? If so they go with the Yachtsman. We also find the steak to be of a better quality then at LeCellier.

Yeah I agree with kirbsam. If you have never been to Le Cellier keep it and try it.

Aww man I love Le cellier.... we are going to try YSH in May and also go back to Le Cellier.

Ok umm have you tried Le Cellier before?

Just so I'm clear, who are you asking? You seemed disappointed, and I wasn't sure if it was based on my response or something else. I'm happy to clarify or expand if that would help you (and if you were responding to me). :)

IMO, Le Cellier doesnt hold a candle to YSH. While we enjoyoed our Le Cellier meal, we have had 4 amazing meals at YSH. After dining at YSH, I don't think I could go back to LC.

Yaghtsman has always been a favorite of ours. Also if your looking for good steak you can always try Shula's in the Dolphin. It's a little dark in there but so is LeCellier.

Just so I'm clear, who are you asking? You seemed disappointed, and I wasn't sure if it was based on my response or something else. I'm happy to clarify or expand if that would help you (and if you were responding to me). :)

Oh gosh no lol.. I was asking OP if they have ever been there. Sorry.

I should not have have responded anyway lol...I go to Le Cellier for the mashed potatoes lol and I just love it there... I'm sure the steak is way better at YSH! can't wait to try it.

Our family loves Le Cellier for the entire meal. From the fabulous bread sticks, to the mussels from PEI, to the Mushroom Filet that is so melt in your mouth good that you could cut it with one of the bread sticks. Top it all off with the Maple Creme Brulee.

Our family loves Le Cellier for the entire meal. From the fabulous bread sticks, to the mussels from PEI, to the Mushroom Filet that is so melt in your mouth good that you could cut it with one of the bread sticks. Top it all off with the Maple Creme Brulee.

I'll second that :cheer2:

Yachtsman is so much better than Le Cellier that I don't even see how the two can be compared.

I would choose YSH. The food and service is very good. I also prefer their menu.
We had a bad experience at LC. It wasn't so much waiting an hour for our ADR..... It was waiting an hour and a half for our food. We finally asked for it to be boxed for take-out. It was 10pm. The food was okay.

Are you looking for a true Steakhouse experiance? If so they go with the Yachtsman. We also find the steak to be of a better quality then at LeCellier.

We've had the same experience. I do like LeCellier though, too.

For us, we'll probably not go back to LeCellier in the near future due to the noise. My husband is hard of hearing and he can't hear a thing there. YSH is much better for a lower noise level.

My dh and I do both. He likes LeCellier better and I like YSH better! So I guess I am not any help to you. Sorry!

Would you say YSH is good for an anniversary meal? (we are also staying at BCV)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter