Youtuber Denied DCL Ticket (same one who was pregnant and refused passage last year)

Imagineer2Be

Mouseketeer
So many of us probably remember hearing about the woman who was pregnant and past the limit for DCL and was denied boarding last April. Well, apparently she attempted to sail again and days later received a phone call that Disney was refusing her passage (they did refund her in full). She claims they are not banned but apparently in “Disney time out”.

So is this a publicity stunt for her channel... probably, but I don’t think she expected Disney to deny them access.

Does Disney have the right to refuse them passage? Sure.

So here is the question... if there is a person who had been difficult with DCL to the point where they had to contact the customs and border patrol with armed guns and dogs, should Disney deny the family access to DCL permanently? Do you think Disney do this as a grudge from the last incident (it was all over the news), or for crew safety, or another reason?

So many of us probably remember hearing about the woman who was pregnant and past the limit for DCL and was denied boarding last April. Well, apparently she attempted to sail again and days later received a phone call that Disney was refusing her passage (they did refund her in full). She claims they are not banned but apparently in “Disney time out”.

So is this a publicity stunt for her channel... probably, but I don’t think she expected Disney to deny them access.

Does Disney have the right to refuse them passage? Sure.

So here is the question... if there is a person who had been difficult with DCL to the point where they had to contact the customs and border patrol with armed guns and dogs, should Disney deny the family access to DCL permanently? Do you think Disney do this as a grudge from the last incident (it was all over the news), or for crew safety, or another reason?
Any cruise line can ban any person(s) from sailing with them again for any number of reasons. Among them, causing a safety issue (like the guy who cut the anchor line on HAL), not following Captain's orders, breaking whatever rules the cruiseline may have in place, being drunk, doing stupid things (like jumping off a ship).

It could even be something as simple as, they are just a problem while onboard.

BTW, where did you see she tried again?

Last edited:

Does DCL have the right to do it? Yes. Do I think they did it because they are holding a grudge? No. I think they were doing it for safety and business reasons. This person has shown that they have no regard for DCL's rules in the past and being at sea, this causes concern for the comfort and safety of other passengers as well as the crew that has to serve this family. I think it a smart business move to avoid having her on board. I'm glad to hear DCL did it.

A large conglomerate wouldn’t bother with a petty grudge against a person, even a “YouTube famous” person. They probably enacted the ban and didn’t think past that.

I mean, Disney fired a YouTube famous person from one of their tween sitcoms and it doesn’t seem to have hurt them (or him) at all. This incident? Barely a blip on the radar in comparison.

I have a retail business and we infrequently ban customers that cause problems. Our items are expensive and custom made. Occasionally we can't make someone happy, which usually is because they are being unreasonable. We refund their money and tell them they will be unable to purchase anything from us again. It's not because we have a grudge against them, it's just that I don't want to keep losing money and sucking up my employee's time. I wish those lost customers a nice life and luck at some other shop.

Does DCL have the right to do it? Yes. Do I think they did it because they are holding a grudge? No. I think they were doing it for safety and business reasons. This person has shown that they have no regard for DCL's rules in the past and being at sea, this causes concern for the comfort and safety of other passengers as well as the crew that has to serve this family. I think it a smart business move to avoid having her on board. I'm glad to hear DCL did it.

This, and the coast guard does NOT play around about rules at sea either. If they think this woman is going to be a danger to herself and others for the sake of publicity, I'm glad they are being proactive.

Not to mention she already has a history of trying to make Disney look bad - why would she even WANT to do another Disney cruise if they were so horrible to her? I'd suspect she is up to something.

This, and the coast guard does NOT play around about rules at sea either. If they think this woman is going to be a danger to herself and others for the sake of publicity, I'm glad they are being proactive.

Not to mention she already has a history of trying to make Disney look bad - why would she even WANT to do another Disney cruise if they were so horrible to her? I'd suspect she is up to something.

This. When someone is so public about such a “horrible” experience - especially if of her own making, which that clearly was - and then voluntarily tries to return, there really can be no other explanation than she wanted something bigger. (And/or she has realized her 15 minutes of fame is up and she wants a do-over.)

This. When someone is so public about such a “horrible” experience - especially if of her own making, which that clearly was - and then voluntarily tries to return, there really can be no other explanation than she wanted something bigger. (And/or she has realized her 15 minutes of fame is up and she wants a do-over.)

Right? if Disney were truly horrible to her (and I don't think they were at all, they have their rules and are crystal clear about them) why would you WANT to give them more money? If I was truly wronged by a company I would not want to give them several grand of my hard earned cash. She's definitely up to something but Disney is not having it from someone who has demonstrated she has zero regard for the rules.

I am happy that they banned her once again. Good for DCL!

Quite frankly, I wouldn't want to be in the port terminal with her and her family and have to explain to my own family (kids are nosey) what is or what is not going on with that situation. It would truly take the magic out of my embarking to have to see and experience that disruption.

I agree 100%.

The initial situation tells me all I need to know about her. If, at 25 weeks, she went into premature labor while out at sea that ship would not have to facilities to keep the baby alive. They just aren't equipped for that, hence the rule. Did she not care? I am glad they banned her and I hope they ban her from all Disney.

The initial situation tells me all I need to know about her. If, at 25 weeks, she went into premature labor while out at sea that ship would not have to facilities to keep the baby alive. They just aren't equipped for that, hence the rule. Did she not care? I am glad they banned her and I hope they ban her from all Disney.
Right, that is the bigger thing. Who would NOT want to protect their unborn child at all costs? Something is not right with that woman. When I was pregnant with my kiddo I would not have taken any risks like that.

The Youtube comments on her video are all in support of her. Some people just think rules don't apply to them. I fully support Disney on this one.

I've worked customer facing positions in many different jobs and she is just another entitled idiot. Sadly,they span all ages and genders.

The Youtube comments on her video are all in support of her. Some people just think rules don't apply to them. I fully support Disney on this one.

I've worked customer facing positions in many different jobs and she is just another entitled idiot. Sadly,they span all ages and genders.
I am sure that is fine with Disney too. I am sure that whatever her following the actual loss to them is a drop in the bucket and not worth the hassle/legal fees that would be incurred dealing with her.

I deal with people too and honestly I should know better but it still amazes me and saddens me the kind of crap people pull.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter