"You're definitely feeling and not concealing!" - A COMPLETE July 2014 TR!

First off, I just want to say that this is the 100th post on this thread, which is pretty neat I guess :cool1:

Second, I sense a disturbance in the force. And by a disturbance in the force, I mean the photos are being annoying and some of them have to get reuploaded from facebook. Warning you now, though- I am NOT about to repost all of my safari photos :sick:

When I'm done with that, you'll get the last two installments.

Thanks again for following along

I cry when I watch Wishes on Youtube! However, the opening show at Magic Kingdom is what does me in - I just feel so at home when I watch it!

We leave in 27 days for 1 week at "Home". I can't wait. And don't worry - you'll be back in no time!

I cry when I watch Wishes on Youtube! However, the opening show at Magic Kingdom is what does me in - I just feel so at home when I watch it! We leave in 27 days for 1 week at "Home". I can't wait. And don't worry - you'll be back in no time!

I cry during both. I was overwhelmed with tears the first time I saw the opening show at MK. It was my first time being at the parks since WDW started to "mean something" to me and I couldn't believe I was there. The woman in front of me was crying too.

Have fun at home :) and thank you so much. I hope I'll get to go home soon!!!

Days Nine and Ten: A Long Ride Home

Q: How does Kaitlyn handle a long car ride home from her favorite place on earth?
A: Not very well. She tries her best, though.

I won't bore you tooooo much with what the remaining 48 hours of the vacation was like.

The same bell hop who brought our stuff to our room helped us bring it to the car. We had breakfast at Gasparilla's once again and I had my final meal of Mickey Waffles :'( There's something bittersweet about having one last batch of Mickeys the day you leave. And I'm still bitter over not having breakfast at Ohana's. #neverforget

IMG_2221_zps7e53512c.jpg

They were so good. So good.

We spent a bunch of snack credits on stuff to eat in the car- we got Minnie's bake shop cookies, Chip and Dale cheddar mickeys, Goofy's Candy Co. sour worms, etc. which I am sad to report, mostly went uneaten. Except for Minnie's cookies- those were really delicious (I got the white chocolate raspberry one as per recommendation of the Disney Dining blog). And the cheddar mickeys which we finished off within, like 4 hours of the car ride. And I got a Grand Floridian pin.

IMG_2223_zps0478ea44.jpg

Literally I thought I was going to start crying all over again.

IMG_2222_zps2beceb3b.jpg

I wanted this but A). I didn't think it would taste all that great and might be a waste of a snack credit and B). I could NEVER justify eating Ariel's face.

My mom checked us out and we were driving out of the Grand Floridian before our long-since gone ADR for the morning was even supposed to begin.

I didn't cry when we left the gates of the World, even though I felt like I was going to. I guess I was all cried out from the night before. We drove for a looooooong time. The only time we stopped in Florida was for this small but well-advertised stand in Florida where we A). Went to the bathroom and B). bought a giant bag of salted peanuts. I happily noshed on them before lunch.

IMG_2224_zpsef4f583e.jpg

LITERALLY #THEBEST

We had lunch at a southern chain very similar to White Castle (for all you northerners and midwesterners here). I believe it was named Krystals? In any case, my family didn't like it but I did. I didn't see any difference between their burgers and White Castle burgers, so I enjoyed.

Then we stopped later on in the evening at another South Carolinian gift shop we had visited on our last Floridian excursion. My dad caught up with the owners as the rest of our party went to the bathroom.

IMG_2232_zps5d253e9a.jpg

One last photo of the sombrero.

Our final stop for the evening was a motel that we had, again, visited on our last trip to Florida. The hotel was decent (though I saw a silverfish in the bathtub that made me shudder), but the best part about it was that it was right near a freakin' GOLDEN CORRAL. Now, I'm not the biggest fanatic on their dinner, so I just had one plate of it, but I had like 3 PLATES FULL OF NOTHING BUT CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN COVERED GOODNESS. The self-proclaimed chocoholic of the family was happy.

IMG_2233_zpsaa7cf20f.jpg

Not as luscious as it could have been on the front side, but still just as good as ever.

Before we went to bed for the night, we read some reviews on The Holy Land Experience from Google. People were writing the weirdest stuff. We just wanted to know what people thought about it but in the end we were cracking up! Apparently, there are some questionable procedures and attractions at THLE.

Finally we went to sleep. I didn't really sleep, though. I woke up at about 4 in the morning, got on my iPad, and started planning my next WDW vacation ;)

The next morning, we still had like 10 hours of driving ahead of us so we decided to get a bright and early start. We stopped at a 7/11-esque stand and got "Krispy Kreme" doughnuts. I put quotes around Krispy Kreme because I don't really believe they're true KK doughnuts unless they're bought at an official KK bakery. AND THEN, as we were driving along, at 9:30 IN THE MORNING, this happened to me

IMG_2235_zpsd5fb45b6.png

THE CAROLINAS ARE SO RUDE I AM JUST A GIRL ON HER WAY HOME FROM DISNEY

Believe it or not... I kinda started crying. We drove and drove and drove and got lunch at a McDonalds. Then we drove and drove and drove some more and I took a sarcastic selfie with a tiara that Grace purchased on Friday.

IMG_2239_zpseabb2e4f.jpg

It's sarcastic because I was sarcastically in a hot car for 20 hours tbh

We arrived home at 5:00 in the evening. I forget what we did for dinner, I think we ordered pizza, but either way the vacation was over.

That means that my countdown to my next Disney vacation- which technically doesn't exist yet- had officially begun ;)

I'll add some final thoughts/closure in the next post.

I hate leaving a Disney trip, it's so upsetting. :(

But on the bright side, you can start planning your next one, yay! :)

Well it seemed like you all had a fantastic time!

LeFou's Brew is my favorite drink EVER!!! I am not so big on the cinnamon rolls but my mom loves them, so I usually just try some of hers.

GASTON. So much fun. Plus dem eyebrows.

I love your Ariel ears!! I have the Belle ones but I love all the princess themed ones. Sorry Cinderella was kind of rude :( I feel like she and Aurora are kind of hit or miss, because they're so quiet and formal sometimes they get a little standoffish.

I can't wait till I get to my solo MK day in my trip report because we did so many of the same things!!! #twinning

MERIDA! My girl. Glad she was still great even though she was rushed.

YUP crying leaving MK happens. I was really spoiled because for the past few trips I've known when my next trip was going to be, but this year everything's up in the air because I have to see if I get into the DCP, so leaving MK was so hard :(

I hate leaving a Disney trip, it's so upsetting. :(

But on the bright side, you can start planning your next one, yay! :)

Well it seemed like you all had a fantastic time!

I really don't think there is anything in the world I hate more than leaving WDW

YAY! We're shooting for a spring break 2015 trip, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

We did. It was a really magical vacation :)

LeFou's Brew is my favorite drink EVER!!! I am not so big on the cinnamon rolls but my mom loves them, so I usually just try some of hers.

GASTON. So much fun. Plus dem eyebrows.

I love your Ariel ears!! I have the Belle ones but I love all the princess themed ones. Sorry Cinderella was kind of rude :( I feel like she and Aurora are kind of hit or miss, because they're so quiet and formal sometimes they get a little standoffish.

I can't wait till I get to my solo MK day in my trip report because we did so many of the same things!!! #twinning

MERIDA! My girl. Glad she was still great even though she was rushed.

YUP crying leaving MK happens. I was really spoiled because for the past few trips I've known when my next trip was going to be, but this year everything's up in the air because I have to see if I get into the DCP, so leaving MK was so hard :(

Lefou's brew = Love. SO GOOD. Definitely a must on my next trip as well.

GASTON IS MY HOMEBOY I MISS HIM SO MUCH OMG. And yeah the eyebrow game is strong with him haha. I've only seen two different friends of Gaston at the park as of late, he's my favorite one :)

Thank you!! I think I'm going to get the Belle ones on my next trip :) agreed, I love EVERY piece of princess merch. And I agree that Cinderella and Aurora are both a hit-or-miss. Apparently it's been like that with Hiro since he started meeting as well. Nothing like homeboy Gaston, a sure home-run every time ;)

Leaving MK is so sad :( But it's good you got to know when you were returning! Good luck getting into the DCP, I'm only a senior in high school now but I look forward to going out for the DCP in a few years!

Closure

Howdy ya'll.

So I'm going to officially "end" this TR with a couple final words. First some final words on the TR itself (mostly notes for me), then with some final words on my magical vacation!

The TR

First and foremost, I never envisioned myself actually completing this Trip Report. I almost never finish anything because once I can see it finished, that's good enough for me and I get too lazy to write the rest of it. But I kept going with this. Right to the very end. And part of me is very proud of it. But another part of me knows that it's all because of you that I can move this TR from "in progress" to "complete". I've gotten to know so many wonderful people because of this TR and I had such a good time talking to all of you. It took me a while, but I'm glad I finished.

As far as the formatting of this TR goes, there are a couple of things I feel like I could have done differently that would have bolstered the success of this thread. Next time I write a TR, I'm going to break down the days a little more and try to give each little installment it's own cute little title instead of just "magic kingdom day 2 part 4 july 14 80 degrees prisoner 24601" or whatever I called them. I felt like I didn't have the freedom to do this with this trip report because honestly, I didn't take far too many pictures to fill my posts. Like, I had almost 0 photos for my Epcot day. ??? I blame this on my lack of a formal camera and use of an iPhone running low on storage the whole trip. I'm planning on getting a real camera before my next trip.

I'm going to start taking photos of food next time I go as well. I probably won't ever do a dining report (just not my scene), but I feel like that would add more detail and texture to my post. Literally the only food I photographed this trip was either shaped like mickey mouse or a dole whip.

Other than that, I think this TR was highly successful and I'm super glad ya'll were here to experience it with me.

The "T"

Now onto the "T" itself. After all, the most important component of a "TR" is the "T", no?

There was nothing more magical than the feeling I had, deep in my tummy, watching the Magic Kingdom park opening for the first time. I will never forget the bittersweet feeling I had watching Tinkerbell soar over the castle for the last time. It was a vacation of so many firsts (and a last- here's lookin' at you, Maesltrom) and everything was so perfect. Every Disney expert says you can't have a perfect Disney vacation, but I must have lucked out this time. It didn't matter that I had to wait 70 minutes to ride Soarin'. It didn't matter that I spent .34234666345345 seconds with Merida. I was so happy to be at Walt Disney World that I overlooked a bunch of things that would have normally put a dent in my mood. Honestly, I didn't get sad or experience a meltdown the whole trip and I'm so fortunate for that. From my first dole whip to my very last mickey waffle, everything was perfect :-)

That being said, of course there are some things I didn't experience that I would have liked to. You can't experience everything at WDW in 6 days, now can you? ;) Next time I go, I have to shoot for meeting Tiana, Mike & Sulley, and now, Hiro and Baymax. I'd like to catch the Festival of Fantasy parade next time, and eat at a few restaurants I've never had the chance to eat at. But these are not regrets- rather, I'm glad I haven't done these yet. Because that's what another trip is for ;)

Whether you're reading this TR for the first time right now or have been subbing since the introductions, thank you from the bottom of my heart. How wonderful it is to know I've had people to share the magic with. Until we meet again on a PTR in the (hopefully near) future!

See ya real soon
- Kaitlyn​

10356223_689144631158687_4360963733838239930_n.jpg

10559849_689143057825511_3292148874947047341_n.jpg

10501853_695182780554872_211378951343619357_n.jpg

10462535_695184123888071_4098489446882214373_n.jpg

10569070_695177377222079_6598491611224812967_n.jpg

10568943_695187507221066_8108413726704296289_n.jpg

10170998_689151974491286_7065165993797090348_n.jpg

10492006_695179550555195_6263297246473467052_n.jpg

10479993_695189153887568_2720908238579441909_n.jpg

Nooooooooo it's over. :(

That just means that you will hopefully be making another PTR, yay! I'm actually making my own PTR soon.

This was a really great TR! You've actually inspired me to do certain things when I do my next TR and even my PTR.

So many hugs at the end of the post. So many hugs you'll remember.

Nooooooooo it's over. :(

That just means that you will hopefully be making another PTR, yay! I'm actually making my own PTR soon.

This was a really great TR! You've actually inspired me to do certain things when I do my next TR and even my PTR.

So many hugs at the end of the post. So many hugs you'll remember.

I'm so sad that this is over, I've wanted to do a TR for like 2 years before I officially joined the DIS and it's so bittersweet that it's over. Thank you so much for being a part of it :hug:

I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers at the moment. I think there's a 2015 trip in the works, maybe to POPC or AoA, or if I'm lucky POFQ. My mother has been on and off about this since September, but hopefully we're going to swing in the direction I want to swing in and we'll have something planned by the end of December. I'm joining your PTR right now!

Thank you very much. I'm so happy to have inspired you! Like I said before, I'm joining along yours and I can't wait to see how your vacation pans out for you :)

So many hugs and I will remember each and every one of them :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Just came in to catch up to find out you finished! Wow, I missed so much lol

So sad to see a trip end and furthermore a TR end. It was great getting to follow along with your adventures. It definitely looked like you all had so much fun and everything went pretty swimmingly. I like how you put it that even though you didn't get to see FoF or Tiana (which you DEFINITELY need to next time), you did what you did and it was perfect. No use worrying about what you didn't do.

Love all those hug photos at the end! So adorable. Photopass was on-point for all your character meets.

Can't wait to hear about your future Disney endeavors! Have a magical day! :mickeyjum

Just came in to catch up to find out you finished! Wow, I missed so much lol

So sad to see a trip end and furthermore a TR end. It was great getting to follow along with your adventures. It definitely looked like you all had so much fun and everything went pretty swimmingly. I like how you put it that even though you didn't get to see FoF or Tiana (which you DEFINITELY need to next time), you did what you did and it was perfect. No use worrying about what you didn't do.

Love all those hug photos at the end! So adorable. Photopass was on-point for all your character meets.

Can't wait to hear about your future Disney endeavors! Have a magical day! :mickeyjum

No worries! From the looks of it, there might be a PTR in the works soon :cool2:

Thank you so much for your feedback. The more I think about it, the more... glad... I am that I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do. I mean, how boring would it be if I made another TR doing the same things I've done before? :rotfl2: "No use worrying about what you didn't do." That's a good mantra ;)

Thank you so much for going on this magical TR journey with me. I've been stalking your TR as well, I confess, but haven't had the time to leave proper feedback in a while. I'll get to that at some point. HAVE A MAGICAL DAY pixiedust:

Kaitlyn, I'm really sorry that I didn't get to read along more as it was happening but I'm super glad that you stuck it out and finished it.

TRs are hard work and they do take a while (*cringes about still not being to the last day of my May TR*) so sticking with it is impressive.

Also, it's your TR. I loved the way that you laid it out and I like when people do things their own way. I especially enjoyed the questions and answers at the start of each chapter. But if you want to change it, change it next time, do it for you to be happy ;)

I'm glad your trip was super magical and I hope the next one will be too. There's always more to see and do, for sure and that's part of the fun of going back. Thanks for sharing with us <3

Kaitlyn, I'm really sorry that I didn't get to read along more as it was happening but I'm super glad that you stuck it out and finished it.

TRs are hard work and they do take a while (*cringes about still not being to the last day of my May TR*) so sticking with it is impressive.

Also, it's your TR. I loved the way that you laid it out and I like when people do things their own way. I especially enjoyed the questions and answers at the start of each chapter. But if you want to change it, change it next time, do it for you to be happy ;)

I'm glad your trip was super magical and I hope the next one will be too. There's always more to see and do, for sure and that's part of the fun of going back. Thanks for sharing with us <3

It's SUPER FINE that you weren't with me the whole time! I wasn't with your TR for a while, either, we're even ;) I'm just glad you're here now! :hug:

Agreed. Thank you very much!! Disney vacations don't happen very often for this lil girl right here so I really, really wanted to finish this TR to have something that fully documented it. It was so much fun and I'm so glad I stuck with it.

Thank you so much for liking the style of my TR! It really means a lot because this was my first real contribution to the DIS and what I hope is the start of many, many more TRs ;). I like the way I did most things with this TR, but there are definitely a couple things I want to try next time I write one.

THANK YOU FOR COMPLIMENTING MY Q&A SESSIONS!!! They were surprisingly the hardest things to jot down this whole TR LOL! I literally sat at my computer for a full 15 minutes for one of the installments because I couldn't think of anything to put. I got sooooo lazy trying towards the end lol my last one was like "q: hurrhrhh im tired" "a: truuuue". They were a pain, but they'll probably return next time I do a TR.

Aww, thank you so much. This trip was very special to me and being able to share my feelings with you was fabulous And I agree- more things to do, more trips, more TRs. Thanks for following along :hug:

Now, off to read YOUR latest installment! pixiedust:

Congrats on finishing your first TR!! :thumbsup2 You did an amazing job and I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip. I'm excited to hear about future trip plans!!

Congrats on finishing your first TR!! :thumbsup2 You did an amazing job and I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip. I'm excited to hear about future trip plans!!

Thank you so much!!

I hope these future trip plans appear sooner than later, I've been missing WDW like mad these past few weeks.

Off to catch up on your TR pixiedust:

Kaitlyn,

I am late to the party of your TR while in the process of writing it. I have just finished reading Chapter 1 and I love the style of your writing . You really did a nice job of sharing tidbits about travel through the south to Disney.

I look forward to reading the rest! Thanks for sharing it!

Kaitlyn,

I am late to the party of your TR while in the process of writing it. I have just finished reading Chapter 1 and I love the style of your writing . You really did a nice job of sharing tidbits about travel through the south to Disney.

I look forward to reading the rest! Thanks for sharing it!

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your comment on the style of my writing- it means so much to me.

No problem! I hope you enjoy :goodvibes

I am still reading your report. I just finished your description about your dinner at 1900 Parke Faire. I literally laughed out loud when I read your comment about it would have been better if you had given your phone to the toddler sitting at the next table instead of you dad to take the photos!
Too funny!

Oh, and your picture with the prince is very nice. Cute!

At our dinner there too, Cinderella was in a rush too. It was enjoyable watching the antics of the stepsisters

I am still reading your report. I just finished your description about your dinner at 1900 Parke Faire. I literally laughed out loud when I read your comment about it would have been better if you had given your phone to the toddler sitting at the next table instead of you dad to take the photos!
Too funny!

Oh, and your picture with the prince is very nice. Cute!

At our dinner there too, Cinderella was in a rush too. It was enjoyable watching the antics of the stepsisters

Thank you!! 1900PF was a fun experience :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter