Your "We're Really Here!" FW Moment

riverbend

Mouseketeer
Longtime lurker, first time poster here on the camping board. :hippie:

I don't know about you guys but coming around the bend on Vista Blvd and seeing the FW sign usually rivals seeing the castle for the first time each trip. That's when I get the feeling that we're finally home! What about you? What gives you those warm fuzzy FW feelings? Or do you have any traditions you like to do on your arrival day?

As much as I like the Fort sign, riverbend, I'm still a little wound up until I get down to my assigned site. I always request a specific loop depending on the site type I've reserved so I am anxious to see if I got it or not.

Sometimes if my request is not available, the Fort CM checking me in will offer to bump me up to a higher site type (which is cool and I can negotiate location). But I take a huge sigh of relief when the car stops moving and I get out of it.

THAT'S when I feel relief. It means I am home. :yay:

Bama Ed

PS - :welcome: to the Camping Board. Since you're a lurker, you've already read all our jokes and stories probably. But tell us how your trip goes. Are you doing a cabin, a rental trailer, a tent, or a camper from home?

I have a couple.

This is the first one.
Hodgepodge3-44.jpg

The entrance off Western Way.

Rounding the corner and seeing the Fort sign on Vista and finally pulling up to check in and hearing "Welcome Home".

j

I have a couple.

This is the first one.
Hodgepodge3-44.jpg

Rounding the corner and seeing the Fort sign on Vista and finally pulling up to check in and hearing "Welcome Home".

j

I'm with you on first seeing the sign. That is my first warm fuzzy feeling. But my Big "We're Here" moment comes as we are diving onto the Fort property. The only way I can explain is it really felt like arriving at a very happy place. Last year on our second Fort visit I felt that and it surprised me. Sort of like seeing a dear old friend.

Oh I like this thread!!

I don't have just one "we have arrived" moment but several....

When we see the Walt Disney sign.
When we see the Fort Wilderness sign.
When we check in and cast members are going over everything. I'm just ready to explode with joy and like a bobble head going " yes yes yes ok ok ok" and I really just want to break out in a dance and I never dance ;)
Once everything is all unpacked and settled.....Drink time!!!! Moment!
Then we hop on the cart and loop and loop and loop and check out the pools and loop and the kids are full on crazy sugar mode about ready to bounce off the cart from a mix of sugar and joy!
Then we go to our sit down Trails End dinner (another sweet sweet blissful moment).
Then we eat the best meal we have ever had in our entire lives (again)!
Then loop loop loop and hit the tail end of the fire and the beginning of a Chip n Dale ( another moment ).
Yet another moment.....fireworks on the first night!
Yet another moment .......water parade and that beautiful corny music. God Bless the music from the water parade...my favorite tune ( moment ).
The last moment is when we get all snuggled in and dose off just knowing we are having the time of our lives ( again )!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is our first day routine ;) filled with lots of " moments "!!!

40 some odd days!!!!!!!!! I'm getting so excited :love::love::love: x 1000

I'm with you on first seeing the sign. That is my first warm fuzzy feeling. But my Big "We're Here" moment comes as we are diving onto the Fort property. The only way I can explain is it really felt like arriving at a very happy place. Last year on our second Fort visit I felt that and it surprised me. Sort of like seeing a dear old friend.

I have a couple.

This is the first one.
Hodgepodge3-44.jpg

j

Oh Yes! This is where the happy tears happen. I've never reached the security gate without red teary eyes..... EVERY TIME ... and we have stayed at the Fort many many times. Just feels so good to be "home". Don't get that warm feeling on other vacations.... just don't.

Yet another moment.....fireworks on the first night!
I forgot about this one. This is our family tradition. First night we head to MK and watch Wishes. Me, with my arms around my DW and DS, tear in my eye, thinking "we're here".

And that's really sappy for me. Everybody that knows me is convinced I don't have emotions, but something about WDW brings it out. Must be the pixie dust... pixiedust:

j

I love reading about everyone's moments! Keep 'em coming! :banana:

Call me crazy but I am all about the country music in the check-in building and at the outposts. That banjo always puts me in the FW mindset. :laughing:

PS - :welcome: to the Camping Board. Since you're a lurker, you've already read all our jokes and stories probably. But tell us how your trip goes. Are you doing a cabin, a rental trailer, a tent, or a camper from home?

Thank you so much for the welcome! TBH, we don't even have a trip in the works at the moment. I was just getting homesick when I decided to make this thread! Hubs and I are tent campers (I even did a solo tent trip before we were married) but we've stayed in the cabins and my parents' camper multiple times too.

Coming around that bend on the Western Way and seeing the welcome signs. On this trip this is where the kids started screaming and throwing their hands in the air.

Put a tear in your eye...

I'm like Ed though, I don't actually give a sigh of relief until I am on my site.

Ha I start getting pumped up at the toll plaza on the turnpike :woohoo:. I catch myself driving a little too fast on Hwy 429 :drive:. The family gets excited when we see the the sign on Western Way :yay:. I love it when the CM checking you in tells you ":welcome: home". But I really feel good after the camper is set up and I can relax outside underneath the awning. :cool1:

The "we are finally here" is passing under the sign, the "we are finally on vacation" is when I pass the fort wilderness sign, the "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh let the magic begin" is the moment I am done with all of the setup, have the dogs on the tie out at my site, sit in my comfy folding chair, light a cigar and think. ahhhhhhhh, finally.

That little fizzy noise when you crack open that first cold one under the awning. ;)

My first trip to FW was my 9th trip to WDW. For me it was when I pulled up to the entrance into MK I had to pull way to the right to get to FW and when I pulled up the cast member working the gate said I bet your going to FW and I said without thinking much said "finally"!! I have thought about that many times and I always smile. :cool1:

Our happy moment is when we pull out of the driveway, and drive the first hour past Walmart in Plattsburgh NY, that's when it kicks in for us, we never drive past that unless going to Disney. Then it really hits when we cross the GA. FL. line and my foot gets a little heavy.

ipadpics365_zpseb9fc29c.jpg
[/URL].

But the true we're here is when we round the corner and see the Fort Wilderness sign.

Our happy moment is when we pull out of the driveway, and drive the first hour past Walmart in Plattsburgh NY, that's when it kicks in for us, we never drive past that unless going to Disney. Then it really hits when we cross the GA. FL. line and my foot gets a little heavy.

ipadpics365_zpseb9fc29c.jpg
[/URL].

But the true we're here is when we round the corner and see the Fort Wilderness sign.

We do the same thing, just with a 43' ft fifthwheel in tow! :drive:

Your pics crack me up. I get yelled at when I tell people I tow at 75. :worship:

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter