Your Weigh Routine....

Scrappy_Tink

DIS Veteran
Okay, I don't have a scale at home, so I have to use the one at work (they have the medical-type scale). If at home, I'd strip totally down, because I don't want one ounce of anything that's not "me" on my weigh-in!! :rotfl2:

If you can't take it all off, what would you subtract for typical street clothes? I know this sounds really silly, but hey, when you're watching your weight, every pound counts!! I subtract 3lbs for clothes (no shoes)...anyone else subtract for clothes, and if so, how much? I was almost obsessed enough to use my DHs food scale and weight what I wore today, so I could subtract it from my weight. I think I need help!! :rolleyes1

i just try to be consistent...same time of day, same amount of clothing....pee beforehand :teeth:

i know it's easy to get obsessed on the number...but it's just a number. the real difference is in how you feel and how much healthier you are!

i just try to be consistent...same time of day, same amount of clothing....pee beforehand :teeth:

i know it's easy to get obsessed on the number...but it's just a number. the real difference is in how you feel and how much healthier you are!

*applause* :worship:

I really think that's the best you can do if you're weighing yourself on a scale at work. Just stay as consistent as possible and focus on whether your clothes fit better and how good you feel! :goodvibes

I would go with:

1 lb for light clothes (workout)
2 lb for normal everyday
3lb for winter clothes (sweaters)

But you could try weighing some stuff to give you an idea!

or you could just buy a scale for at home....

Yeah, that would make sense, but I've bought several different scales before, and none were accurate, most I could get on the scale, and then 5 minutes later it would show a different weight. I trust the medical scale at work, which I know stays calibrated.

I agree with the PP's about staying consistent. I go to Slimming World every week and obviously can't strip off there :) So I try to wear a similar, light outfit each week so that I can get an accurate idea of how much weight I've lost and focus on that rather than the actual weight. I never wear jeans, I'm sure they weigh about 3 stone!

Good luck with your weight loss, I'm hoping for another 11lbs off!

I would bring the same clothes to change into, and just use that weight, without bothering to subtract anything.

I have weighed my clothes at home, on the food scale, to see which shorts were lightest, which bra was lightest, etc. Now I've started to ease up on those small differences, but I definitely started off more obsessive than I have ended up!

I agree with the PP's about staying consistent. I go to Slimming World every week and obviously can't strip off there :) So I try to wear a similar, light outfit each week so that I can get an accurate idea of how much weight I've lost and focus on that rather than the actual weight. I never wear jeans, I'm sure they weigh about 3 stone!

Good luck with your weight loss, I'm hoping for another 11lbs off!

Hey girlfriend!! :goodvibes Believe me, I'd never wear jeans on "weigh day"!! :rotfl: I'm usually first one at work, it's been awfully tempting to strip!! My luck, the day I did that would be the ay the boss comes in early! :eek:

I would bring the same clothes to change into, and just use that weight, without bothering to subtract anything.

I have weighed my clothes at home, on the food scale, to see which shorts were lightest, which bra was lightest, etc. Now I've started to ease up on those small differences, but I definitely started off more obsessive than I have ended up!

Isn't it funny how obsessive we can be when it comes to weighing? I think I'll take your suggestion though, and just wear something light to work (the same outfit), and then change into my work clothes after weighing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter