Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Aww I'm sorry your throat was starting to hurt! :( That's no fun! But it looks like you were a trooper!!

Christmas at Disney World; that's just awesome! I think it's very cool that they offered church services at the resort!! Two thumbs up for that! haha It's always awesome to remember the actual reason for Christmas!! :)

I'm totally loving the Christmas decorations!! I am going to make it a point to resort hop while we are there in Novmeber so we can see all of the decorations!! That gingerbread house looks so awesome to see!

Can't wait to read more!

I know, that stunk! Thanks.

It was AMAZING! I was really happy that they had mass right there. My family (my Mom especially) is pretty religious so we would have had to go off property to go to Christmas mass. However, the convenience of this was just perfect!

You definitely should! I'm sure most of the stuff will be up!

It is nice that so many castmembers are encourging you to do the college program. Everyone seems to have good things to say about it. I would definitely want to do that too if I were your age.
I enjoy spending time visiting resorts too. The architecture and themeing and shopping! It is all beautiful and fun.

Haha oh yeah. Every CM I talk to tells me the same thing. I'm going to do it one day. I seriously can't wait.

Isn't it lovely!? It's amazing how much fun it is just looking around at the resorts.

SO sorry your throat was hurting. :(

You're making me wish I enjoyed pineapple and macadamia nuts. Hahah oh well.

The first thing I noticed when I went to see the gingerbread house is that the whole place just smells incredible. It's like the most elegant place also has the most amazing smell. SIGH. :love:

All those Basin soaps look like so much fun! (Especially the Mickey head ones, duh.) Did the ice cream cone one SMELL like an ice cream cone? That would be incredible. I don't need fruity or flowery smells, I just want to smell like ice cream please. :laughing:

Wah it's okay. That stunk!

OMG RIGHT!? Disney smells are just... ahh. So good.

I know, I need to buy one! I don't remember if it did or not - but it was really cute!

What a wonderful way to spend Christmas Day! I so hope the resorts have at least some of their decor up in Nov. We will be visiting all the monorail resorts, so here's to hoping!

Thank you! I'm sure they will have most, if not all of the decor up! I hope so, anyways!

I'm loving your report :)

Thank you so much!

What an amazing view to wake up to on Christmas morning...I don't think anything could ever top that:goodvibes

Sorry to hear your throat was still bothering you but hopefully it got better as the day progressed.

How thoughtful of Disney that guests don't even have to go off property to attend service on Christmas morning

Your breakfast at Kona looks amazing...especially the pancakes and smoothie.

Can't wait to see your other resort pics

Woo! I am finally all caught up :goodvibes Your room at Bay Lake looks amazing! And that view... it really doesn't get any better than that. It is definitely on my Disney bucket list to stay there with an MK view!

Another thing on my Disney bucket list- going to Mass at the Contemporary! I have always wanted to do that ever since I found they offer it on Christmas lol, it's like combining my two favorite things, Jesus and Disney! :laughing:

Can't wait for more!

I cannot imagine being in Disney for Christmas. That must have been amazing!

I am SO sorry your throat was sore! :(

We have Kona booked for my November trip. I’m so excited to eat there!

The Poly is so pretty.

My mom and I went to see Brave last week (D23 had an advanced screening near us) and I got to chat with a girl who did the DCP. I CANNOT wait to do it!

I am so excited to stay at the Grand Floridian once the villas open.

I love Basin. The designs in the soaps are adorable! Especially the Mickey ones.

The gingerbread house in the GF is incredible. I can’t imagine having to be one of the people that has to build it!

What an amazing view to wake up to on Christmas morning...I don't think anything could ever top that:goodvibes

Sorry to hear your throat was still bothering you but hopefully it got better as the day progressed.

How thoughtful of Disney that guests don't even have to go off property to attend service on Christmas morning

Your breakfast at Kona looks amazing...especially the pancakes and smoothie.

Can't wait to see your other resort pics

I agree!
It still hurt most of the day, but as the trip progressed it pretty much went away!
I know! That was absolutely wonderful!
Mmmm that was DELICIOUS!

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;45274639 said:
Woo! I am finally all caught up :goodvibes Your room at Bay Lake looks amazing! And that view... it really doesn't get any better than that. It is definitely on my Disney bucket list to stay there with an MK view!

Another thing on my Disney bucket list- going to Mass at the Contemporary! I have always wanted to do that ever since I found they offer it on Christmas lol, it's like combining my two favorite things, Jesus and Disney! :laughing:

Can't wait for more!

Yay! Thank you! I'm so glad you liked the pictures! I hope you get to stay there one day!

Haha aww it was so beautiful! I'm so glad they did that! It really made us all happy to start off our holiday at such a beautiful mass RIGHT in Disney!

I cannot imagine being in Disney for Christmas. That must have been amazing!

I am SO sorry your throat was sore! :(

We have Kona booked for my November trip. I’m so excited to eat there!

The Poly is so pretty.

My mom and I went to see Brave last week (D23 had an advanced screening near us) and I got to chat with a girl who did the DCP. I CANNOT wait to do it!

I am so excited to stay at the Grand Floridian once the villas open.

I love Basin. The designs in the soaps are adorable! Especially the Mickey ones.

The gingerbread house in the GF is incredible. I can’t imagine having to be one of the people that has to build it!

Words cannot even describe. I am so thankful I got to be there!
Yeah that was terrible. Thanks!
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE KONA!!
I agree!
Aww did you really!? That's awesome! Kristen and I are going to see Brave on Tuesday!
ME TOO!
So do I! I need to buy one!
I agree. It really is! They really find some talented people to put all of these decorations together!

I like how we both just did Kona breakfast updates. :P Oh and I am so DEFINITELY staying in the GF DVC villas when they're done. HELLS YEAH.

I'm sorry your throat was still hurting, but yay for not letting it ruin your day! :thumbsup2 I mean after all, it's CHRISTMAS AT DISNEY.

That's so cool they had church services at the Contemporary! What a great idea!

Speaking of great ideas, it sounds like resort hopping on Christmas was the perfect plan! So much better than fighting all those crowds! :)

Okay your resort hopping photos have helped me realize my dilemma. John and I are already sort of planning our Disney trip for next summer. It's going to be a BIG one because he'll be returning from a 9 month deployment and it will be our fifth anniversary, so I can't decide if we should stay at the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian! Hmm...what do you think?!

I love Basin!! Became a huge fan last year after stumbling upon the place at The Venetian in Las Vegas. They told me about the DDD and GF stores. My favorite scent is Satsuma. Cant wait to do some shopping there in Dec. Have to get some Mickey soaps!!

Narcoossee's...I think this may have to be one we try soon.

What a wonderful way to wake up on Christmas morning and see that view from your balcony... so awesome! That is great that they had religious services right there at the hotel - I think that is such a nice option. :)

Sorry that you weren't feeling 100% but you still looked so pretty in your photos. If that's what you look like ill.. my goodness! :rotfl2:

I love seeing your photo tour of the other monorail hotels. Disney does such a lovely job with their holiday decorating.

Jess,

This trip report is FANTASTIC!

We'll be there for Christmas this year. My daughter and I have been reading your report, and getting glimpses of what to expect when we go (oh, and ideas too!!!!)

Added to our list of things to bring:

Christmas lights for our balcony.....and decorations for our room too!
A disney phone cover (but my daughter is hoping for a new phone before the trip....so we'll have to wait and see about that).

Thanks for sharing your FABULOUS trip reports (after I got caught up on this one I had to go reading your others too).

Can't wait for you to finish this one.

You guys are going to love it! I'm dying to see it again.

I can't wait!

I like how we both just did Kona breakfast updates. :P Oh and I am so DEFINITELY staying in the GF DVC villas when they're done. HELLS YEAH.

Hahaha I know, I was thinking that when I posted it. Of course it would work out like that. :rotfl: And OH GIRL, me too. No doubt about it!

I'm sorry your throat was still hurting, but yay for not letting it ruin your day! :thumbsup2 I mean after all, it's CHRISTMAS AT DISNEY.

That's so cool they had church services at the Contemporary! What a great idea!

Speaking of great ideas, it sounds like resort hopping on Christmas was the perfect plan! So much better than fighting all those crowds! :)

Okay your resort hopping photos have helped me realize my dilemma. John and I are already sort of planning our Disney trip for next summer. It's going to be a BIG one because he'll be returning from a 9 month deployment and it will be our fifth anniversary, so I can't decide if we should stay at the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian! Hmm...what do you think?!

Exactly!

I agree! It was so convenient and magical!

It was such a great idea! I had to get it done, so I'm glad I did it on one of the busiest park days of the year!

OH WOW that's wonderful. 9 months is going to be rough though. :( Thank goodness you'll have a great Disney trip to look forward to!! Hmm alright... if I had to choose between the two, I would honestly pick the Grand Floridian. I love love loveee the Polynesian, but the elegance of the Grand Floridian is just to die for. :cloud9: You really can't go wrong, but that's what I would do!

I love Basin!! Became a huge fan last year after stumbling upon the place at The Venetian in Las Vegas. They told me about the DDD and GF stores. My favorite scent is Satsuma. Cant wait to do some shopping there in Dec. Have to get some Mickey soaps!!

Narcoossee's...I think this may have to be one we try soon.

Ahh that's awesome! I'm glad you're a fan as well! I need to check out that scent!

And YES you definitely should go there! It's unbelievable!

What a wonderful way to wake up on Christmas morning and see that view from your balcony... so awesome! That is great that they had religious services right there at the hotel - I think that is such a nice option. :)

Sorry that you weren't feeling 100% but you still looked so pretty in your photos. If that's what you look like ill.. my goodness! :rotfl2:

I love seeing your photo tour of the other monorail hotels. Disney does such a lovely job with their holiday decorating.

I agree! It was too beautiful! And yes, that made our holiday so enjoyable because we didn't have to rush off property to go to mass.

Aww thank you! Haha I had to pick up and keep going - I was in Disney!

Thank you! I have a lot more pictures coming your way so stay tuned! :goodvibes

Jess,

This trip report is FANTASTIC!

We'll be there for Christmas this year. My daughter and I have been reading your report, and getting glimpses of what to expect when we go (oh, and ideas too!!!!)

Added to our list of things to bring:

Christmas lights for our balcony.....and decorations for our room too!
A disney phone cover (but my daughter is hoping for a new phone before the trip....so we'll have to wait and see about that).

Thanks for sharing your FABULOUS trip reports (after I got caught up on this one I had to go reading your others too).

Can't wait for you to finish this one.

Aww thank you so much!
I hope that this trip report is very helpful for you guys! I tried to get a TON of stuff done so I could write about it and give you all an idea of what goes on during christmas week!
Yes, bringing the lights is a lovely idea!! And oh yes, that's always good! They sell them at Disney but they are expensive! You can find Disney phone cases online for much less money!
You are SO welcome! Thank you for being here and for reading!!
I have a long way to go, so I hope you'll stick around and enjoy the rest of it!

It's great that Disney has Christmas church services right on property. It's even better when they're right at your hotel. :thumbsup2

Mmmmmmm pancakes. I could really go for some right now.

Your Polynesian pics are making me so homesick! Why can't I just live there always? I can just curl up in the plants or something. No one will even notice me. Unless I'm obnoxiously inhaling the AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, MIND-BLOWINGLY AWESOME scent of the Great Ceremonial House. Then people would probably start to question the strange sounds (and contented sighs) coming from the plants.

The GF Gingerbread House is just perfect. I really need to go to Disney at Christmas so I can cry and completely freak out over a gingerbread house. :rotfl:

It's great that Disney has Christmas church services right on property. It's even better when they're right at your hotel. :thumbsup2

Mmmmmmm pancakes. I could really go for some right now.

Your Polynesian pics are making me so homesick! Why can't I just live there always? I can just curl up in the plants or something. No one will even notice me. Unless I'm obnoxiously inhaling the AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, MIND-BLOWINGLY AWESOME scent of the Great Ceremonial House. Then people would probably start to question the strange sounds (and contented sighs) coming from the plants.

The GF Gingerbread House is just perfect. I really need to go to Disney at Christmas so I can cry and completely freak out over a gingerbread house. :rotfl:

I agree! That really worked out great in our favor! :thumbsup2

Mmmm me too. I really miss them!! They're so delicious. OMG must stop thinking about food!!! I want them so bad. :rotfl:

I know, right!? We both just need to move to Disney now and never leave. I figured out my life/college plan last night and this morning so I am ready to get moving and move down there soon. :laughing: Only a few years to go. And LOL I can so picture that. It would be like a TV show. The smelling plants of the Polynesian :lmao:

Aww I really want you to! Someday you will have to make the trip!

What a better way to start the day than to eat the BEST BREAKFAST EVER!!!! :lmao:

Great choice meandering around the resorts. I love taking my time through them, and I think sometimes we take that a little for granted.

OMG. I don't know what's better, going to bed with that view or waking up to it. :cloud9:

I've never been to church while at WDW. That must have felt so odd to go to church in Disney and then just hop on the monorail. I'd probably be more into it cause I'd be like YES, PRAISE THE LORD, I AM IN DISNEY! lol.

KONAAAAAAAAAAA oh how my body aches for your delicious food. and that juice. OH THESE PICTURES ARE ALMOST PAINFUL.

Good call on hanging at the resorts on Christmas. I love resort-only days at Disney.

I believe since you were not actually crowned, you are not technically Polynesian Royalty, like myself. Don't feel bad, it's a loaded job anyway. Really, sometimes I find it hard to handle the responsibility of a such a title. However, it's clear you're a princess anyway, I mean... come on, it's you. I'm not sure exactly what you're a princess of, but you're a princess. And I'm the freaking Queen of the Polynesian, so if I say so, it means you definitely are.

The deer thing is just more and more hilarious as you point out all the deer things at Disney. I mean, I thought it was mostly a Christmas thing with reindeer being everywhere, but no, they just have a lot of plain old deer stuff.

When you are on the CP, I'm going to visit you for sure. A lot. Like... if you come home and I'm passed out in your apartment after a day of running around Disney like a crazy person, just try not to wake me, ok? Eventually, I'll get up and we can go looking for deer. I can even talk to someone about getting you in on the royal action over at the Poly. It's just going to be awesome.

Oh no! Your poor throat :( I'm sorry it was hurting on this day.

BUT, what an awesome place to wake up on Christmas Day!!

That is so cool that they offer Mass and services on Christmas Day. I did not know that!!

Love all the resort decorations!! On my last trip, I decided the Poly was my dream resort to stay at! Its so gorgeous! Kona is totally on my list of a Must Do breakfast for my next trip!!! Your food looks amazing!

That gingerbread house at the GF looks so awesome! AND HUGE! How neat!!

What a better way to start the day than to eat the BEST BREAKFAST EVER!!!! :lmao:

Great choice meandering around the resorts. I love taking my time through them, and I think sometimes we take that a little for granted.

I KNOW! Merry Christmas to me!

Thank you! I thought so too! It was so relaxing and I enjoyed it a lot!

OMG. I don't know what's better, going to bed with that view or waking up to it. :cloud9:

WHO EVEN KNOWS!?! I just am in love with the view all around.

I've never been to church while at WDW. That must have felt so odd to go to church in Disney and then just hop on the monorail. I'd probably be more into it cause I'd be like YES, PRAISE THE LORD, I AM IN DISNEY! lol.

It was weird but I loved it! I would never mind traveling to church if I could just go on the monorail afterwords! :laughing:

KONAAAAAAAAAAA oh how my body aches for your delicious food. and that juice. OH THESE PICTURES ARE ALMOST PAINFUL.

I KNOW. It's sickening. Between this update, Kristen's update, and responding to the comments, I am CRAVING those pancakes like there is no tomorrow.

Good call on hanging at the resorts on Christmas. I love resort-only days at Disney.

Why thank you! I thought it was a good idea. No need to kill ourselves on Christmas!

I believe since you were not actually crowned, you are not technically Polynesian Royalty, like myself. Don't feel bad, it's a loaded job anyway. Really, sometimes I find it hard to handle the responsibility of a such a title. However, it's clear you're a princess anyway, I mean... come on, it's you. I'm not sure exactly what you're a princess of, but you're a princess. And I'm the freaking Queen of the Polynesian, so if I say so, it means you definitely are.

I suppose I did kind of take the lei myself... I'm just going to have to wait for my special crowning moment like you, queen. :laughing: I am so glad that you, the Queen of the Polynesian, say I'm a princess. My life is just complete. We just need to figure out the princess of what, and we will be all set. I need a crown.

The deer thing is just more and more hilarious as you point out all the deer things at Disney. I mean, I thought it was mostly a Christmas thing with reindeer being everywhere, but no, they just have a lot of plain old deer stuff.

HAHAHA I'm so glad you enjoy it. Disney LOVES deer! I don't know what it is, but deer are the perfect animal for us to be obsessed with!!

When you are on the CP, I'm going to visit you for sure. A lot. Like... if you come home and I'm passed out in your apartment after a day of running around Disney like a crazy person, just try not to wake me, ok? Eventually, I'll get up and we can go looking for deer. I can even talk to someone about getting you in on the royal action over at the Poly. It's just going to be awesome.

OMG I would die. You absolutely NEED to!!! I would not be mad lol you can visit anytime! We could look for deer, we could look for hot waiters, we could eat lots of food, we can officially deem me a princess... AH it's going to be a blast. Hopefully soon, my friend! I will let you know! I can't wait for the day!

Oh no! Your poor throat :( I'm sorry it was hurting on this day.

BUT, what an awesome place to wake up on Christmas Day!!

That is so cool that they offer Mass and services on Christmas Day. I did not know that!!

Love all the resort decorations!! On my last trip, I decided the Poly was my dream resort to stay at! Its so gorgeous! Kona is totally on my list of a Must Do breakfast for my next trip!!! Your food looks amazing!

That gingerbread house at the GF looks so awesome! AND HUGE! How neat!!

I know! Of all days! Oh well.
I agree! It was beautiful!
It was very convenient!
I'm glad you like them! I have never stayed at the Poly, so it is one of my dream resorts too. Kona is FANTASTIC - you must eat there!
It was incredible! I have more pictures of that coming up in the next update!

Two wonderful updates! I'm so sorry about your throat on Christmas Day.
How wonderful that you could go to Mass without leaving the resort. I saw on the sign that they had two Catholic Masses. That is good to know.
Breakfast at Poly looked so yummy! I love the smell of the Polynesian. There is just something about it. We ate there twice ('Ohana & Kona) on our trip and I love the smell of the place as you walk through the door. I always have to take the waterfall pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter