Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Thats sooo exciting!! I'm jealous. I've never been to California, but I really want to go some day. Disneyland looks so fun! I can't imagine all the research that you have to do before you go..I am so clueless when it comes to Disneyland. I cannot WAIT to hear about this trip!!

Right with ya! I've been to DW many times but never DL

-KD

Im glad my post could help! One thing I forgot, the dole whip stand is right beside the tiki room, and it will have the longest line, guaranteed!!

Hiya! I've been following along, but this is my first post with you.

You'll LOVE DL!! :love: I have only one tip that I didn't see mentioned already. >>> In DCA next to the roller coaster, you'll see what you might think is a boring old ferris wheel... but DO ride it! And be sure to ask for one of the "sliding gondolas". It's called Mickey's Fun Wheel, but my hubby calls it THE SPINNING MICKEY WHEEL OF DEATH!!!! :scared: Loads of fun! :rotfl:

Have fun at Disneyland! It's an amazing place. Two threads you'll want to start with are

the DLR guide for WDW vets http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599&highlight=disneyland+for+wdw+vets

and what WDW vets need to know about dining at DLR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914467&highlight=disneyland+for+wdw+vets

Hydro guy also has links to his excellent World of Color and Fantasmic threads in those two. Definitely check them out!

Also, keep in mind that this summer is going to be basically ridiculous. By the end of August, things might have calmed down a little, but be prepared for crowds. And come play with us on the Disneyland board! We're friendly, I promise!

I can't believe you're going to Disneyland! I've been putting off going back until the overhaul at DCA was complete.

Okay....food. The ever important food.

Counter Service is a bigger deal there, and there aren't as many sit down restaurants to pick from. Their counter service options are broader in my opinion and they have more variety.

Blue Bayou is a must do for a sit down restaurant, and you have to get a reservation. My favorite option there is the Monte Cristo sandwich at lunch time. Also, it happens to be inside Pirates of the Caribbean basically, so you can watch the boats go by as you eat.

Ariel's Grotto is a great character dining experience and that's at DCA. You'll see all the princesses, and we thought the food was pretty good.

In Downtown Disney, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is GREAT! So so yummy.

At the Grand Californian, I've heard great things about Napa Rose. I have not eaten there myself though. We ate at Storytellers. It was a little meh.

Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel is their equivalent of Chef Mickey's, but what I love is they have a BRUNCH! I mean, come on. What's better than breakfast combined with lunch / dinner foods.

Carnation Cafe is a restaurant on Main Street that's a good standby for us. They do soup and sandwiches and they're so tasty.

As for counter service, if I didn't blow your mind already. Haha.

The French Market is one of my favorites. It's in New Orleans Square, right next door to the Haunted Mansion. Oh, and try a mint julep.

Belle River Terrace is a great counter service breakfast option. They have pancakes and the like. Totally yummy.

They also have a Redd Rocket's Pizza port. I know how much you like Disney pizza. :goodvibes

We also like the Hungry Bear Restaurant. Just because it's called the hungry bear. :lmao:

In DCA, we love eating at Cucina Cucamunga. They have huge taco salads and stuff.

Hope this helps. I'm totally jealous. :love:

Oh how I LOVE Via Napoli! I had a great lunch there back in December! We also had Luigi as our waiter- he was charming and a bit hard to understand, but very cute. Gotta love those waiters :love: All of the food looks spectacular as well!

AND OHMYGOSH, you're going to DISNEYLAND! :banana: Dream come true right there! Sadly I have never been, but I look forward to hearing all about your experience. Since I've never gone, I can't give any firsthand advice, but I do know that one of the staple foods you have to try is the Tigger Tail! It's this yummy-looking marshmallow dessert and I believe it can be found at Pooh Corner in Critter Country. That is definitely going to be one of the first things I try when I eventually make it to DL :goodvibes

DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so unbelievably excited for you! Knowing you from your TR's I can only imagine how excited you are. I am also excited because I know I will get to live a trip I've dreamed of through your amazing trip report!
I've read all the tips where they tell you to stay at hotels other than the resort hotels BUT I feel for the true experience, I would HAVE to stay on property.
The first thing I would do at Disneyland would be to hit all the DL exclusive rides: Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, etc. Then I would want to do a comparison with the similar rides: Pirates, Haunted Mansion etc.
For restaurants, I believe there is a California wine country type table service that sounded interesting (can't recall name).

Aww thank you! Haha yeah, I'm basically going to be jumping out of my skin for the remainder of the summer. I can't wait to write the trip report for all of you... it's going to be a great one!
Yeah, I have read those too. I'm glad you understand, though. We probably will never get to do this again, so if I have the chance I'm going to take it. I'M SO EXCITED!!!
Yes, definitely! And I think the one you're thinking of is called Napa Rose! It sounds really good, everyone keeps recommending it. So I'll probably end up going there!

How exciting for you Jess! I lived in Southern California for two years and was able to visit Disneyland twice. For me, the difference between the two parks is kind of surprising. DL is MUCH smaller, and to be honest, less impressive. The castle specifically. However! It was still a lot of fun, and I'm sure you'll have a blast.

My dining suggestion would be the Blue Bayou, hands down! The food is good, it isn't the best thing I've ever eaten - however the restaurant itself is SO worth it! Maybe you've heard about it, but I'll just give you an overview. It's in the New Orleans Square and looks pretty casual from the outside. But oh my goodness, the inside is unbelievable! Never have I been to a restaurant quite like that. It's literally IN the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, like almost integrated into it. If you decide to go, make an ADR and ask for a waterfront seat. It is the coolest experience!

Aww thank you! Ah did you? That's awesome! Yes, that's exactly what I'm expecting, but because it's the place that started it all, I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

I DEFINITELY am going to go there! I'm super excited!!

Congrats on the Disneyland trip.

My restaurant suggestions are:

Blue Bayou: As another poster said, it's actually inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Storytellers Cafe: It's in the Grand Californian Hotel. My wife and I ate breakfast there 2 years ago. She said it was her favorite meal of the trip. It's a character breakfast and we just walked right up and were seated. Try doing that at WDW.

Thank you so much!

I will look into both of those options! Thank you!

Oh my goodness!

YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND! :banana::banana:

That's so exciting! You're going to have an amazing trip and I can't wait to hear all about it :)

I KNOW!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much! I can't wait to go on the trip and then tell you guys about it! WOOHOO!

:banana: That is going to be an amazing trip! I bet you'll be the Disneyland master by the time you go!

I can't even wait! I sure hope so! I can't waste one moment of being there!

Glad my post was helpful! Another thing that is fun at Disneyland is Mr. Toad's Wildride. Since it's gone at MK you'll be able to ride it there! I rode it at MK years ago when I was little but when I rerode it at Disneyland I forgot about a lot of it! It's an interesting ride, haha.

We got to Disneyland right when it opened which I think was 8am. We started in Fantasyland and got A LOT done before it got crowded! So start early...which I'm sure you will. Our first ride was the Matterhorn which was a walk on. It's fun! I loved their Small World there! So adorable because throughout the ride you'll see disney characters in their countries. It's so much fun to spot them throughout.

When you're at CA Adventure it's funny because it feels like MGM. There's the Tower of Terror, Muppets, Toy Story. But there are also so many differences too! You'll love it all!!

I read your December updates and I need to stay at French Quarters now! My mom and I stayed at Riverside before and loved it. But I need to check out FQ! The jokers are a bit creepy though haha! :)

I love love love Osborne Lights!! Isn't it amazing? We got there before it began and when the lights all turn on it really does leave you speechless. We stood there for a long time listening to the music and watching the lights. It's amazing...I really can't put it into words either. I wish I could see it again this year!

Love Via Napoli! Gotta go there again. Good pizza, good waiters...what's not to like? :thumbsup2

Hope you're enjoying your busy summer! And, selfishly ;), looking forward to your August trip so I can read/see all about Disneyland (especially CARS LAND!!!!). :goodvibes

Ahh yes! I have heard about Mr. Toad... I'm definitely going to have to check that one out!
Okay, Fantasyland first! Got it. And AWW Disneyland is where they have the characters incorporated into IASW?! YAY! I saw pictures of that and I didn't know where it was. So now I'm even more excited!
I'm really excited to see DCA! I don't think I spent a lot of time there when I was 12. I seriously can't remember! My memory is so fuzzy.
Thank you! Ahh I love French Quarter. I love it more than Riverside even just because of how "homey" it feels. You definitely should stay there at some point!
I love those Osborne Lights too! So do I.
But seriously! Best restaurant ever!
Thank you! And yeah, I'm just ready for August to get here NOW! I have to get through this boring summer classes/working thing for 2ish more months and then my life will be exploding with happiness.

Yay for the Disneyland trip! Promise us you'll live tweet and instagram while you're there! We've never been, but are toying with the idea of going in October.

Oh ABSOLUTELY! That's not even a question! Hopefully my planning process and tweets/pictures will help you make your decision!

This is so exciting! I went to Disneyland in 2009 with my bestfriend and it was great :) Oddly enough I don't remember all of it though! Weird.

You absolutely MUST ride Jumpin Jellyfish. Yeah, it's a little kid ride but it's jellyfish themed so that makes it the best ride to ever exist. Oh and King Triton's carousel of the sea!!! I love carousels and ocean animals, so this makes it the second best ride ever! Riding 2 times so you can sit on the otter and seahorse is necessary.

As for eating, I honestly don't remember the names of most of the restaurants we went too.. :confused: But Blue Bayou is great! It's in Pirates so it's fun to watch people in the boats go by. And I'm pretty sure I got crabcakes which were delicious! But I couldn't eat them all.

If you have free time to venture out of Disney, I reccomend going to LA for a day or two. Definitely worth seeing! The shopping is amazing and it's fun to go to the Chinese theater and getting a photo in front of the Hollywood sign, etc. There is so much to do in California but I don't know how far out you guys are willing to go. San Francisco is amazzzzzing. And just driving through Cali is a wonderful experience because it's SO scenic and gorgeous.

But back to Disneyland - it's the first park obviously so it's fun to really take in a lot of the historical stuff about it :) So take your time to really enjoy it!

You're going to have so much fun!!

Haha don't worry, I don't remember my first trip there either!
I will definitely hit both of those rides! I'm going on EVERYTHING.
Blue Bayou is a must do!
Ooh thank you for those tips! I will keep them in mind. I kind of hope we go to LA.. that would be so cool!
I definitely will! Thank you for your advice!

Thats sooo exciting!! I'm jealous. I've never been to California, but I really want to go some day. Disneyland looks so fun! I can't imagine all the research that you have to do before you go..I am so clueless when it comes to Disneyland. I cannot WAIT to hear about this trip!!

I'm sure you'll get there someday! I know... it's a little overwhelming but I have such great resources! I can't wait to go on it and then tell you guys about it!

Hey Jess! I love you and Kristens trip reports! My name is Lauren. I live in CA and i go to DL alot! So i thought i'd give you some tips!
1. When your in CA adventure, eat at taste pilots grill. Trust me. It is amazing! And my favorite thing to get there is the Blue cheese burger. It is fab!
2. Go on GRR (Grizzly River Run) in CA adventure. It is like a CA version of Kali River Rapids but once you go on This, Kali will seem lame. It is much more fun and way longer than Kali.
3. For World of color show, i don't suggest getting the picknic package. When we got it, the food was cold, it wasn't very good, and honestly it's not worth getting a reserved seat for the show. It's really crowded and hard to see. If we were to see it agaion we'd just see it from the side.
4. See the Aladdin play at CA adventure. It's a great play! We've seen it 4 times and still would see it again.
5. DL nd CA adventure will be very very crowded as you know, because of CarsLand opening.
6.In DL, this is small but on Splash mountian, it is way more fun because the single seating instead of double, somehow makes the ride more fun!
7. Lastly, you should try the corndogs in DL! They are amazing!
Have fun! I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!:woohoo:

Lauren, THANK YOU. All of those tips are so helpful. I seriously want to make sure I do everything on your list! Thank you so much!!

:goodvibesAlso jess, For outside of Disney you should vist Griffith's Observatory, and The Grove. Those are both great Day trip things!

I will look into those! Thank you!

I love your TR so far! And can't wait to hear your DLR one! We're planning on taking the kids around Christmas 2013 (when I think DS will be able to ride almost all the rides and cope a bit more). Totally agree with Blue Bayou. Get a reservation around 11:30 (early lunch) and ask for a waterside table. You are actually IN the bayou part of POTC (BTW, I really think the POTC in DLR is one of the handful of rides that is better than its MK counterpart -- and prepare to ride Indiana Jones multiple times as it's great and no WDW counterpart to my knowledge). Food is okay but the atmosphere is ah-MAZ-ing. I've heard good things about the BTR BBQ -- it's all you can eat served family style. I remember a TR showing the Boudin Bakery at Paradise Pier and that looked great, enough so that it has stuck in my mind to eat there. Enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much! Ahh yes, that will be awesome! I hope your trip works out! Thank you for the Blue Bayou tip, I will definitely be doing that! I remember LOVING the Indiana Jones on my last trip, but I don't remember what happened at all. Mmm that BBQ place sounds delicious! And I will try to remember to check out that bakery too! Thank you!

It opens on June 15th along with Cars Land. The Matterhorn re-opens that day also.

Oh wow, really!? YAY perfect!

Hi Jess!

My name is Kristen and I've been reading your trip reports for a long time now but this is my first time commenting! I've pretty much decided that you and I would be BFFs in real life haha! I just love Disney, I'm in college (grad school really) and I've just never met people in real life who "get" Disney like you and your friends. It's so cool! Also, I know you already have a best friend named Kristen :good vibes

I just started following you on twitter as well and saw you are going to Disneyland!!! I just found out this week that I will be going to Disneyland for the first time next spring when I finally graduate. AND I CANNOT WAIT!!! So I'm totally going to be following all your awesome planning so I know what to do and what not to do! I'm a total WDW girl so this whole California Disneyland thing is beyond exciting but also a little overwhelming!!!

Can't wait to read all about your Disneyland trip!

Hahaha it sounds like we probably would! Thank you so much for reading!

I hope I follow you back! If I don't, tweet me so I know your twitter name! And YES I AM!! And awww are you really!!? That's SO exciting! I'm so happy for you too! I will keep you all updated on the planning process, and hopefully my trip report will help you plan your trip! We sound like we're in the same boat here!

Thank you!

Jess,

Where in California does your cousin live?

I believe it's called Ventura county?

Right with ya! I've been to DW many times but never DL

-KD

Yes, this will be a new experience!

Im glad my post could help! One thing I forgot, the dole whip stand is right beside the tiki room, and it will have the longest line, guaranteed!!

Hahaha oh boy. I am gonna have to get one, though. It's a classic!

Hiya! I've been following along, but this is my first post with you.

You'll LOVE DL!! :love: I have only one tip that I didn't see mentioned already. >>> In DCA next to the roller coaster, you'll see what you might think is a boring old ferris wheel... but DO ride it! And be sure to ask for one of the "sliding gondolas". It's called Mickey's Fun Wheel, but my hubby calls it THE SPINNING MICKEY WHEEL OF DEATH!!!! :scared: Loads of fun! :rotfl:

Woohoo thank you for posting!

I definitely will! That sounds like a ton of fun! I don't know how my Mom will feel about riding it, but I'm sure my Dad would go on it with me!

YAY for you and your DL trip!!!!:cheer2:

Can't wait to read all about your plans and the trip! :goodvibes

YAYAYAYAY!

Thank you!

Have fun at Disneyland! It's an amazing place. Two threads you'll want to start with are

the DLR guide for WDW vets http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599&highlight=disneyland+for+wdw+vets

and what WDW vets need to know about dining at DLR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914467&highlight=disneyland+for+wdw+vets

Hydro guy also has links to his excellent World of Color and Fantasmic threads in those two. Definitely check them out!

Also, keep in mind that this summer is going to be basically ridiculous. By the end of August, things might have calmed down a little, but be prepared for crowds. And come play with us on the Disneyland board! We're friendly, I promise!

Thank you so much for those links! They will be really helpful!

Yeah, I'm hoping so! But it's okay, if it's crowded, I'll manage. I have lots of time so hopefully I'll get everything done! And aww thank you! I definitely will be spending lots of time over there!

I can't believe you're going to Disneyland! I've been putting off going back until the overhaul at DCA was complete.

Okay....food. The ever important food.

Counter Service is a bigger deal there, and there aren't as many sit down restaurants to pick from. Their counter service options are broader in my opinion and they have more variety.

Blue Bayou is a must do for a sit down restaurant, and you have to get a reservation. My favorite option there is the Monte Cristo sandwich at lunch time. Also, it happens to be inside Pirates of the Caribbean basically, so you can watch the boats go by as you eat.

Ariel's Grotto is a great character dining experience and that's at DCA. You'll see all the princesses, and we thought the food was pretty good.

In Downtown Disney, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is GREAT! So so yummy.

At the Grand Californian, I've heard great things about Napa Rose. I have not eaten there myself though. We ate at Storytellers. It was a little meh.

Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel is their equivalent of Chef Mickey's, but what I love is they have a BRUNCH! I mean, come on. What's better than breakfast combined with lunch / dinner foods.

Carnation Cafe is a restaurant on Main Street that's a good standby for us. They do soup and sandwiches and they're so tasty.

As for counter service, if I didn't blow your mind already. Haha.

The French Market is one of my favorites. It's in New Orleans Square, right next door to the Haunted Mansion. Oh, and try a mint julep.

Belle River Terrace is a great counter service breakfast option. They have pancakes and the like. Totally yummy.

They also have a Redd Rocket's Pizza port. I know how much you like Disney pizza. :goodvibes

We also like the Hungry Bear Restaurant. Just because it's called the hungry bear. :lmao:

In DCA, we love eating at Cucina Cucamunga. They have huge taco salads and stuff.

Hope this helps. I'm totally jealous. :love:

SUCH A HELPFUL POST. Thank you so much... I will try to go to as many places and humanly possible!!

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;45108336 said:
Oh how I LOVE Via Napoli! I had a great lunch there back in December! We also had Luigi as our waiter- he was charming and a bit hard to understand, but very cute. Gotta love those waiters :love: All of the food looks spectacular as well!

AND OHMYGOSH, you're going to DISNEYLAND! :banana: Dream come true right there! Sadly I have never been, but I look forward to hearing all about your experience. Since I've never gone, I can't give any firsthand advice, but I do know that one of the staple foods you have to try is the Tigger Tail! It's this yummy-looking marshmallow dessert and I believe it can be found at Pooh Corner in Critter Country. That is definitely going to be one of the first things I try when I eventually make it to DL :goodvibes

Haha did you really? That's funny! The waiters are awesome! And that food was YUMMY.

YES I AM AHHHHH! I can't even believe it. I can't wait to tell you guys about it! The tigger tail sounds ADORABLE... I'll have to get it! Thanks for the tip!

I just wanted to thank you all again for the tips and well wishes about my upcoming trip to Disneyland! I still can't even believe this is real! I'm SO excited! 71 days to go!

If you guys have anymore suggestions/haven't even read the post about the Disneyland trip yet, I would still love to get even more of your feedback!

In the meantime, I am going to continue posting the December trip updates! I gotta get cracking on this one, because I am going to have quite a lot to write over the next few months between the Frump trip report and the Disneyland one! Trip report writing is like a full time job over here LOL. Good thing I really enjoy it!

I hope you like the next update!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 48: This is Only the Beginning of the Toy Story Madness!
December 23rd, 2011

Ahh I'm looking back on this trip now and this was one of my favorite days. It was so relaxing and filled with so many wonderful things. I JUST LOVED THIS TRIP SO MUCH. I seriously don't think we will ever top it. It was THAT good.

Anyways......... GOOOOOOOD MORNING! NO SLEEPING!

I posted on twitter:
I have not slept that soundly in like... Years. Wow. These beds are comfortable. #iwannasleepallday #toobadiamnotgoingto #NOSLEEPINGINDISNEY

I felt SO good when I woke up because I slept straight through the night. I was really home. I was in Disney. All of my cares and worries about school and life were just gone and my whole self was just HAPPY. I was ready for another fantastic day!

I got up right at 7 o'clock! I showered and got ready and we were all finished at 8:00 am exactly! We left the room at 8:10 am.

Another tweet:
I don't think I've ever successfully left my hotel room at 8 am with my family. #gettingbetter :-)

Only my Mom and I were going to go, but my Dad decided to join us at the last minute! Hey, the more the merrier! Jonathan was lame and he stayed in bed. WHAT THE HECK!? Seriously, sometimes I don't know how we're related. He needs some more Disney spirit!!

On the way over, I tweeted:
Okay I love the convenience of this car... But my dad driving in Disney world can be a scary thing. #saveme #imissthedisneybusses

I'm tellin' ya, I love that Disney transportation. It may be a little more time consuming, but at least they know where they're goin'! It is hard to navigate those roads so driving around Disney with my Dad was an interesting experience, to say the least.

We got to the park at 8:40 am! The park was apparently open!

Christmas Tip #24: They opened Hollywood Studios EARLY every day that we were there. I think it's a crowd control thing. So make sure you get there at least 20-30 minutes before park opening if you wanna do you Toy Story Mania FP/Standby trick during Christmas Week!

We went straight to Toy Story Mania (OBVIOUSLY) and we grabbed our fastpasses. It was about 8:50 am and the fastpasses were for 10:35 am. Not terrible. The standby line was only 15 minutes, so we hopped in line!

The line inched it's way through. The people who were standing around us smelled REALLY bad. I think they forgot to shower that morning!

"I also like the orange one...." (The August frump video? Anyone, anyone?)

dsc0502j.jpg

We finally got to the loading dock! We got put in a Bo-Peep car! Dad and I rode together and Mom went by herself!

dsc0504zq.jpg

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

img1128rr.jpg

This was Dad's first ride on Toy Story Mania. (WHAAAT!? I'm still shocked by that) I had to explain what to do, but he got it!

Mom, on the other hand, thought you had to be ACCURATE while playing this game. Oh Mother. No, no, no. You must be SPASTIC!

I am sincerely appalled at the score I got during this game.

OH MY GOD WHAT THE HECK WHAT WRONG WITH ME!? WAS I SICK!? DID I HAVE A FEVER?!

I'm sorry... but.... WHAT!?

My Dad got 93,600. (HE BEAT ME!? Clearly, I forgot all of this happened. My trip journal is full of so many fun facts.)

My Mom got 54,080. (I ONLY BEAT THE "ACCURATE" WOMAN BY 5,000 POINTS!? WHAAAT!!?!)

Phew. What an experience. I am ashamed to report those numbers back to you.

Despite my terrible score, I tweeted this:
Okay.... That's it. Toy story mania is officially my favorite ride.

This OFFICIALLY marks the point where the Toy Story madness begins. BEWARE, PEOPLE. Beware.

dsc0506v.jpg

TOY STORY MANIA RIDE COUNT: 2

I had to take a picture of the Magenta crayon on our way out.... another one of Dan's favorite crayons! (I'm referencing the August video again lol)

img1141kq.jpg

Toy Story Mania is a lot of work, so obviously, I was hungry afterwords. What better place to go than STARRING ROLLS!?

dsc0519j.jpg

I had to take the obligatory food photos:

dsc0509pk.jpg

dsc0510m.jpg

dsc0511qu.jpg

dsc0512c.jpg

I am proud to say that I got my delicious, wonderful, and all around FLAWLESS Red Velvet Cupcake for breakfast. No shame, people. No. Shame.

dsc0513d.jpg

Mom and Dad got coffee and bagels. (I still don't understand why people get plain old bagels in Disney. Like.... why? Get a cupcake. YOLO.) (Don't worry, I'm not a huge fan of the phrase "yolo" [You Only Live Once] but when it comes to food, sometimes I have to use it!!!!)

dsc0516pw.jpg

Anyways, I'm not judging. I understand some people like to go “the healthy route.” They were very satisfied with their breakfast.

All I'm saying is that they could have had THIS....

dsc0515ls.jpg

dsc0518g.jpg

Yeah. I know. The pictures, alone, torture me.

I ate about 3/4 of my cupcake, and then it was time to venture on! I wanted to take the parentals on STAR TOURS!

On my way over there, I took this picture for DisneyArb! I always think of her when I see Gertie!

img1182qb.jpg

It was tons of fun, as usual. During this specific ride I remembered parts from the one we had the day before, but the rest was all different. All I know is that Darth Vader was in there somewhere. It's hard for me to remember because I don't know the characters names.

Twitter update:
Sometimes I wish I understood star wars references.

I still do. My boyfriend gives me such a hard time because I have NEVER seen Star Wars. His friends always do, too! ("WHAT!?! YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN STAR WARS!?!) Heck, Kristen even gives me a hard time about it! (but her, I don't mind so much. At least she understand my frumpy life.) LOL so moral of the story.... I need to watch Star Wars. I KNOW. I just don't watch movies. And if I'm gonna watch a movie, it's probably gonna be Tangled or something. Let's be real.

ANYWAYS... we decided we wanted to grab two Rock N Roller Coaster fastpasses and one more Toy Story Mania fastpass. So Dad went to RnR and Mom and I went to TSM.

Ah, Mother and her lovely plant.

dsc0520hh.jpg

We were waiting for our next fastpass to be available, so I did some pin trading in the mean time. The cast members in this area always seem to have great pins! I went into the little Pixar Store and all around Toy Story Mania.

I tweeted:
I think I just pin traded with every cast member in the pixar place area.

I made a pin trade with an older cast member from the actual Hollywood. (as in California.) He was really excited to trade pins with me and I picked a baby Jasmine pin from his lanyard. My Mom and I stayed and talked to him for a while. He was SO nice. I wish I would have written more details about our conversation, but I do that know he was/is such a great cast member! He was one of the higher up CM's at Toy Story Mania! (remember him for the future.... *cough, cough*)

We got our new Toy Story fastpasses right at 10:35 am! Then we headed over to Rock N Roller Coaster to meet up with Dad!

On my way there, right in between the Animation area and where the Sorcerer Hat is, this little boy came up to me and asked if I wanted to trade pins! He was ADORABLE. He was very short with blonde hair, glasses and crooked teeth. He was just PRECIOUS.

I told him that I only wanted to keep my fastpass pins, but he could trade for anything else! He asked if he could have my Mickey and Goofy pin, so I said sure!

Then he was like "here, you can have my black and white Chip pin so your black and white Dale pin will have a match."

OH MY GOSH, MELT MY HEART. I thanked him and then he was on his way. His Dad kept apologizing because the little boy stopped me, but I was like... don't even worry!! He was so adorable. I will never forget him! He pretty much made my day!

We kept walking and then ran into my Dad in front of Anaheim produce! My Mom bought an orange from there. (Mother and her fruit, LOL)

I thought the shadow of the Christmas decorations was really cool! I took this picture on Sunset Boulevard:

img1183sn.jpg

I posted on twitter:
Okay... Like my love for Hollywood studios is just growing every second I spend here.

Dad wanted to stop in "Sweet Spells" and grab some treats.

dsc0521e.jpg

LOOK! THERE ARE TURKEY LEG RICE KRISPIE TREATS! (I'm not gonna lie... at first I was like "...what the heck is that? Chicken!?")

dsc0522fp.jpg

Nom nom nom. Apparently they sell carrot cake cookies here too!

dsc0523ef.jpg

THESE ARE AWESOME!

dsc0524n.jpg

Dad ended up getting a Macadamia Nut cookie:

dsc0528i.jpg

And an Oatmeal Rasin Cookie:

dsc0527l.jpg

After our little purchase, we headed out of the park and went back to French Quarter!

dsc0526x.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Pre-Trip Report #1: THIS IS HUGE NEWS.
June 5th, 2012

The most important being - WHERE DO I NEED TO EAT!? I need to know what restaurants are the best, which ones I can make reservations for, which quick service places are worth going to, and which staple Disneyland snacks I need to try. PLEASE HELP. I need to be directed to a Disneyland dining expert or something!
EDIT: Also, should I look into getting the dining plan? Is it worth it? Or would my Tables in Wonderland work in Disneyland?

I literally want to see EVERYTHING at each resort and each park. I know the parks won't take me very long (as I have been told) but I really want to take the time to see all of the details. So if you have any recommendations for any special thing I would want to see within Disneyland, please let me know.

Continued in Next Post

YAYYAYAYAY

Don't go there comparing it to WDW - they are two VERY different resorts (even though I've never been to wdw!) There isn't a whole lot to do at each resort, they are quite small but there is the pools but in reality they are just three hotels (although they do have their special charms). No where close to the size or theming of WDW resorts.

As for the dining plan - don't bother. You get given dollar for dollar vouchers (can't remember from the top of my head, but just say 2x$5, 2x$15 per day). These vouchers do NOT give you change, so if you ordered something that cost $13 and you paid with the $15 then you lose $2. Read this thread if you like for more about DLR dining.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914467 -

ADR's are not as sought at DLR as in WDW and you can often get them weeks before rather than months out like at WDW. There are lots of cute little counter service places as well as table...maybe try Minnie and Friend's Character Breakfast :)

Have fun!

Your last post really made me miss/get crazy excited for Hollywood Studios! It's like 2:20 am for me right now so I'm very tired and acting weird, but I'm practically crying because your post made me so happy and excited.

Anyway, I am loving your trip report! The holidays are the best time to visit Disney in my opinion (though anytime is fine with me!)

Toy Story! Breakfast Cupcakes! GERTIEEEEEEEEEEEE! Best trip report entry ever, right?

I hope you took pictures of the periwinkle crayon later so it doesn't feel left out =P

I had never seen Star Wars before this year. (Okay, that's sort of a lie - I saw the original movie a long time ago with a friend, but I didn't remember any of it). My husband is a huge SW fan though, so I gave him the complete series of movies when they came out on BluRay as his anniversary gift, which meant I finally had to watch them, lol. They are really entertaining movies and worth watching at least once, esp. if you have someone there to help explain things to you/remind you who people are. I haven't been back to WDW since I finished watching the movies, so we'll see if it improves the Star Tours experience!

OMG Disneyland! That is so awesome! I literally know nothing of DLR except what I have read on the Dis (and most of that has come from Brook's 'No Way Jose' TR) but it looks like so.much.fun! I mean, it's Disney..how could it not be fun?

Have you ever had English Toffee at wdw? I got a piece from the MS Confectionery at MK a couple weeks ago when I was trying to use up leftover snack credits, and I didn't eat it until like 2 days later at home.
It is like a party in your mouth! So delicious, and I have thought about it each and every day since! Anyway, it's on the bottom row, second from the right, in this picture. Even just a little glimpse of it made my day! :cool1: And now I know of one more place I can get it next time <3333
dsc0521e.jpg

It was tons of fun, as usual. During this specific ride I remembered parts from the one we had the day before, but the rest was all different. All I know is that Darth Vader was in there somewhere. It's hard for me to remember because I don't know the characters names.

Twitter update:
Sometimes I wish I understood star wars references.

I still do. My boyfriend gives me such a hard time because I have NEVER seen Star Wars. His friends always do, too! ("WHAT!?! YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN STAR WARS!?!) Heck, Kristen even gives me a hard time about it! (but her, I don't mind so much. At least she understand my frumpy life.) LOL so moral of the story.... I need to watch Star Wars. I KNOW. I just don't watch movies. And if I'm gonna watch a movie, it's probably gonna be Tangled or something. Let's be real.

:lmao: My husband loves Star Wars. I had never really seen the movies either when we met, so he made me watch one with him. I promptly fell asleep and haven't lived it down since.

...he also hasn't made me watch any more of them!

The red velvet cupcake is at the top of my list for my August trip!! I seriously can't wait to try it, I think I may be more excited for that than I am to stay at the Beach Club lol ;)

OH. EM. GEE. I need Disney food RIGHT NOW. After seeing all of your pictures of all those yummy treats my stomach won't stop rumbling! SO YUMMY. I've never tried the Red Velvet Cupcake but I'm definitely going to try it when I go in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS! WOOHOO! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
And that little boy seems ADORABLE! :)

Ahahha, I absolutely love that stitch wake up call, and I definitely just thought to myseld "I should probably record that next time to my phone and use it at home as a wake up!"

I def would never want to drive around disney, I've had some people say "Why don't we rent a car?" and my response is always "A waste of money" I get that some points it could be awesome to have, but I'm all for disney transportation!

I love love love TSM, so much! I wish I had the commitment to ride it more than once a trip haha. Gawd! Starring Rolls! All I want in life is endless red velvet cupcakes! I almost stopped at Crave on Tuesday, but I know it just wouldn't be the same!!

:dance3: for going to DL!! What a great summer you have planned (you know, after all the work/school stuff)!

AWESOME update!! I knew you and I had a bond when you got my most favoritist cupcake! Red Velvet! And for breakfast!! :idea:

Star Wars is something I grew up on (in the 80's). Now to say I've sat down and watched ALL 6 of them in a row! :eek: No way! I've managed to see them here and there by watching them on tv when there's a marathon on TNT or something (like on a long holiday weekend). You should make an evening date with your DB and maybe watch one or two of them! Then y'all can watch some wonderful Disney flicks another night! :thumbsup2

Jess, I have to say, your incredible TR has won me over! I have officially convinced my DH for us to take our DD to Disney World this Christmas season! :woohoo::woohoo: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! Now I need to get all of your tips organized onto a spreadsheet so I can use them for my planning! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter