Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Thank you so much!!!

Well, I am going to post about it soon. But we put the Disneyland trip on the back burner. Because of the DCP, we would be going to California, coming back, and then moving me right down to Florida. It would have been way too hectic right now. But we had to use up our DVC points from the California trip before January 31st, so we booked New Year's Ever at THE YACHT CLUB for a little family vacation! :banana: I'm extremely excited.

That is awesome still!! I looked for you when I was down there in October but didn't see you!!! Hopefully we make it down again while you are on CP -- your trip reports really hooked me onto the DIS!! Thanks for another great report!! See you on your newest!!

Loved your trip report! We're planning a December trip, so your trip report was super helpful and fun to read. Congrats on the DCP!!!

Another great TR Jess! I can understand why it was one of your best trips ever. You had so many great experiences. I'm looking forward to reading this next one.

I'll be down to Disney in April...if you see a crazy lady and her 2 kids waving at you...it could be me ;)

Going to sub in to your Oct. TR!

Wow can't believe your wonderful TR is done. This was one of the best I've ever read. I loved seeing WDW at Christmas time. I have already subscribed to the next one and I'm really looking forward to your DCP reports.

I can't believe it's over! I've enjoyed reading your TR so much because most of my WDW trips have been at Christmas, so it's like reliving my past trips all over again.

That stinks that you guys had some travel issues with missing the DME bus and then being dropped off at the wrong gate. But at least you made it everywhere on time!

Post Disney depression is the WORST. Especially when you don't have another trip planned. BUT NOW YOU GET TO LIVE/WORK AT DISNEY!! :yay:

Congrats on being accepted in to the DCP!! The DCP is something I wish I would have done, but I FINALLY graduate with my masters in December so its a tad bit too late :( To answer your question about storage places, there is one in Celebration that does have places for cars. It's called Celebration Self Storage, hopefully they will be able to help you out! I can't wait to read about your experiences in the DCP!

Well, I hate to see it come to an end but I am equally happy to start your new TR AND then be able to hear about all your happenings on your DCP. ECK!! Should be a blast even for me who gets to live vicariously through you :)

Thank you for sharing your trip! I love your trip reports.

Is it bad that I am worried you will be too busy once you get down there for the College program that I will have less to read about on the DIS? SO SELFISH!

Seriously though, I can't wait to read about that too!

Booo to the sadness of it being over, but hey, there's another one on the go! Yay! The last day is always so sad, and I really do like having a meal on the last morning, you gotta have that last chance Disney food.

I definitely feel the same about getting home and being all "I'm hungry, but I don't want anything that's not Disney food!" Ha.

Traveling "home" seriously sucks, there's nothing as awesome to look forward to as Disney, so when you're leaving, it's just sad!

I'm so happy that you get to live your dream, and I'm super excited to meet you in Jan during your CP. It's gonna be so awesome! (and hopefully I'll hear back sometime soon and we'll be working down there together!!)

I've already opened your next TR! ha! I certainly do love reading all about your Disney trips, your TR's are great!

Chapter 51: Cape May Cafe!
December 23rd, 2011

Corn, Pasta, Clams, and Crab Legs:

dsc0595m.jpg

Pizza, DELICIOUS Garlic Rolls, and Corn Bread:

dsc0598zv.jpg

KIDS' FOOD! Green Beans and Chicken Nuggets:

dsc0599uv.jpg

Alright, those are my few pictures of the buffet. Sorry they're not the best, but clearly I was in a rush to start eating food!

I took plenty of pictures of our individual plates!

I'm guessing this is my Mom's plate because I have NO idea what that red stuff is in the front left. All I can pick out is the Caesar Salad, some Cantaloupe, and shrimp!

EDIT: Hello there, it's Kristen. Being the foodie that I am and the type of person who will eat anything that you put in front of me, I can tell you that the "red stuff" is actually quinoa. Looks like some hearts of palm in there as well. It's quite delicious!

dsc0602h.jpg

Sa-LAD. (Another SpongeBob reference. Seriously, I don't know what's up with me lately. I swear I haven't watched that show in years! hahaha)

dsc0603bx.jpg

This looks like it could be Jonathan's plate. Caesar Salad and Crab Legs! (And the little cup is filled with melted butter for the crab) Solid choices.

dsc0604w.jpg

Oh well... clearly this is my plate.

dsc0605on.jpg

Let's see, I'm just going to list out all of my food and notes for you guys.
- Garlic Roll: Absolutely divine. It was SUPER soft!
- Crab Legs: they were AMAZING! That's the huge reason people really come to this buffet. Not only do you get unlimited crab legs, but you get a whole buffet of food as well! It's well worth the price just for this fact. Everytime a new pan of crab legs would come out on the buffet they would be gone within minutes!
- Melted Butter: buttery.
- Green Beans: I specifically noted that they were REALLY GOOD!
- A Fish Nugget
- Cesar Salad
- Corn Bread: this was dry, unfortunately
- Potatoes: a little salty
- And last but not least, the Prime Rib: this was delicious and tender!

I'm gonna guess that I ate most, if not all of the food on this plate. The only thing I probably didn't finish was like... the cornbread or something.

OH BOY, MY SECOND PLATE! (seriously, how do I eat this much food?! I'm sure you all are laughing at me and simultaneously wondering how I'm not morbidly obese. Yeah... I have yet to figure out that answer too.)

dsc0606ac.jpg

List time!

- In the back right corner there's some New England Clam Chowder: YUM! That seriously is my favorite type of soup/chowder of all time. However, it's SO bad for you so I rarely ever eat it. That night, though, was the exception. I was beyond happy with that decision!
- Now if you look at the plate I have more Green Beans, which I obviously was a huge fan of.
- Crab Legs, again! NOM NOM NOM.
- DISNEY PIZZA: yes, it's made out of the same ingredients as the personal pan pizza found at most Disney quick service locations. It was just baked as a large pizza size and cut into little slices for the kid's station!
- Mashed Potatoes: YUM!
- And lastly, Pasta: YUM AGAIN! YAY MORE CARBS!

Mmmm. ♥ ♥ ♥

I posted on twitter:
I need to learn to control myself at buffets.... Jk that's a lost cause #capemay

Lia, being the completely understanding Diser that she is, responded by saying:
LOL we will never learn to control ourselves at disney in any way. #frumps

And I said back to her:
so, so true. And I wouldn't have it any other way :-) #frumpsforever ♥ #disneyislife ♥

I'm just glad I'm not the only insane one!

So I'm sure you're thinking that I, personally, ate enough to feed an entire army.

Well... you're probably right.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I didn't have room for dessert! Especially because that's the REASON I booked this dinner!

So I frumped my way over to the lovely dessert table to scope out the scene.

dsc0611m.jpg

Ahh, here are the little winners.

dsc0612ml.jpg

And here's the other dessert table with your more "typical" treats like brownies, rice krispies, blondies, and cookies. Still ridiculously delicious!

dsc0613n.jpg

I'm guessing this is my Mom's. This plate features an Oreo Bon Bon, Flan, and Brownie:

dsc0607le.jpg

This is mine. Teehee. :-) A Key Lime Tart in the back left, the Raspberry Cheesecake front and center, (YUM!) and the Oreo Bon Bon to the right. (YUM AND WOW!!!!)

dsc0609so.jpg

The dessert I booked this dinner for was the Oreo Bon Bon! When I stayed Club Level at the Yacht Club for the first frump trip/my graduation present, they had these desserts out one night. STUPID ME completely bypassed the Oreo Bon Bons! After that I kept seeing pictures of them ALL over disboards, so I had to try them!

Let me tell you, they did not disappoint! Oh my God I probably had 2 or 3 of those alone! It's a soft oreo cookie on the bottom, mousse in the middle, and a chocolate coating on the outside. For some reason I was surprised that the inside was white, but I'm guessing it was Cookies and Cream flavored mousse.

dsc0610tv.jpg

As for the other desserts, they were all AWESOME! My second favorite was the raspberry cheesecake. I love that it's a sampler size!

My Dad LOVED the Blondies. Jonathan said they reminded him of the inside of a butterfinger.

Mom specifically loved the Brownies. She said they were fudgey and gooey and perfect!

Another awesome part about Cape May is that you get to draw on the table cloth! Here are some pictures of our artistic masterpieces.

This one was drawn by my Mom:

dsc0623yt.jpg

This one was drawn by me!

dsc0621g.jpg

Once we all reached our breaking points, it was time to settle the bill. Dad left Adam an even bigger tip than our TiW card left because we loved him that much! He was an awesome waiter!

I posted on twitter:
Oh my God I ate SO much. I'm waddling.

That's what I call one successful meal.

Overview of Cape May Cafe:
Waiter: Adam
Service: He was SO personable and held great conversations with us. He really took the time to make sure we were happy and taken care of. Excellent! 5/5
Atmosphere: I LOVE the Beach Theme! It wasn't too crowded and it felt very organized for a buffet! 4.5/5
Food: The food ran out fast and some was cold, but it wasn't bad enough to make an impact on my experience. They were constantly bringing out new dishes of everything! Overall, my entire meal was absolutely phenomenal and my whole family was REALLY happy! This was probably one of our top favorites on this entire trip! 4.5/5

Ahh Cape May... it's such a hidden gem. I love recommending it to people because it's not well known and I know they will be pleasantly surprised. So if you haven't before, GO! You can easily get to the resort by walking out the back entrance of Epcot in the United Kingdom. It takes FIVE minutes. The food is so worth it and I'm positive that you'll leave will a very happy and very full stomach!

I grabbed a picture of the Beach Club Lobby on the way out:

dsc0624l.jpg

Outside of the resort:

dsc0626g.jpg

Hollywood Studios was our next stop that night. It was time to trek on back there!

The Swan and Dolphin had SUCH pretty, colorful lights. I was so impressed when we walked by, so I had to snap a couple pictures.

dsc0631l.jpg

WOW, right? This pathway back here really is a sight to be seen during the day AND at night!

dsc0634bu.jpg

THE SWANK!

dsc0630q.jpg

The beautiful Boardwalk! My Dad really wants to stay there someday. He's a huge fan. (I think it's because they house the ESPN zone haha. But really.)

dsc0635q.jpg

Continued in Next Post

I've been enjoying reading your trip report today!! Me, my husband, daughter and son went during Xmas week end of 2009/2010. We had a great time!
Fireworks on NYE were amazing!! Your trip report brings back great memories!
:thumbsup2 Hopefully, next time you're family will just stay at Disney Resort in the first place and avoid the hassel/dissapointment of changing resorts!!
One Question: How do you afford to go back so often!! LOL
My travel agent's daughter did a college internship at disney the year we were there working in "Le Cellier"!! It was the greatest experience she says.
My trip report was called " Lace up your sneakers if you think you can keep up"
I look forward to reading more!!

Debbie:goodvibes

Just wanted to collect my gold star for reading your entire TR before I head on over to your next one! :cool1: Thank you for sharing your pictures, stories & disknowledge, you are going to make such an awesome CM!

Aw, I'm kind of sad this TR is over - I guess it's time to move onto your new one. And yay for staying at the Yacht Club in December! Have you made your NYE plans yet?

Congrats on getting your dream job! I'm so proud of you! You are so perfect for the job, Disney made a fantastic choice in selecting you! You deserve it and I can't wait to hear all about your incredible journey!

I want to see the Dapper Dans playing ping pong together! That sounds so adorable. I hope they sing competitive jabs at each other. "You missed, you missed, yooooou missed!" (Put that to Dapper Dans music lol)

And meeting Joni! That sounds so magical! She seems so sweet!

Oh my goodness. Staying at the Yacht Club. How perfect!! OMG. I'm so happy for you! Like no joke.

YUM! Chef's Mickey is so delicious. I could go for some breakfast there now! (Even though it's nearly 6 my time. I'm very pro-breakfast whenever. Oh man...now I feel a Taylor Swift moment coming on..."It feels like a perfect night for breakfast at midnight." :rolleyes1)

And now I'm sad this tr is over so I'm going over to the new one!

This definitely was epic!!! You are such a a great story teller.

I just texted me sister and told her to apply for the DCP! She is the same age as you, I would love her to be able to do that!

That is good to know about ME. I always want to take a later one. Leaving 3 hours before our plane leaves always is too much waiting time! Did they give you any problems about missing the bus and having to take the next one?

I really enjoyed your trip report i t helped me plan a lot of must dos for our upcoming trip. only 43 more days! I thought I told you on here but I couldnt find it but Congrats on DCP!!!!! I think I might have on instagram. You will do wonderfully!!!!

Jess, I've just sat here and read through all of your TR's they are the best ones I have ever ever read! You put so much effort into them, it's awesome!

And huge huge huge congratulations on being accepted into the DCP! That is so cool and I am super jealous. You really deserve it, I literally had tears in my eyes when I read your accepted post!

Well done! :)

I"ve just caught up with your TR, I dropped of the face of the earth for a while,.

That last I was here I was wishing you good luck on your phone interview with Disney and now!!!! Holy Cow, accepted, and moving to Disney!

:jumping1:CONGRATULATIONS!!!:jumping1:

I think Disney made a wise choice and I think you will do an amazing job! I can't wait to hear all about it! I will definitely have to follow along.

And just to sum up the rest of the TR, AWESOME. What a fabulous family trip. I have 5 days before we leave for our ,hopefully, fab trip I and can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter