Your top eats at Food and Wine?

I love exploring F&W. 2 years ago DH, DS1 and I spent our afternoon grazing through the entire festival. We went through 30 credits that afternoon but it was WELL worth it. A few of those things are still around, the skirt steak, the scallop & shrimp dip... The Passion fruit cheesecake & Kalua pork sliders in Hawaii.
I think my favorite overall item is no longer there, it was a cauliflower risotto with chicken and balsamic glaze. I barely got a bite of it before DS gobbled it up.

Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae made with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze® Almondmilk, fresh Berries, and Chocolate Almond Streusel at Shimmering Sips by the port of entry. I was pleasantly surprised with this treat and I hope they bring it back for future years.

Roasted Irish sausage at Ireland was good.
I always get the filet mignon at Canada and love it, but this year I wasn't impressed with it.
I enjoyed the lamb chop at australia.

New England Lobster Roll without the mayo and Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese icing at Hops & Barley (had that twice this week)
Beer Braised beef with smoked Gouda mashed potatoes and Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote at Belgium
Boeuf Braise a la Bordelaise with Pomme Dauphins - really, really good and Crème Brulee at France
Cheddar and Bacon Soup and Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon at Canada (get these every time we go to F&W)
Chocolate Baklava at Morocco (don't share this, it's too good)
Ropa Vieja Empanada wasn't as good as it was in previous years (Islands of the Caribbean - used to be Patagonia I think)
Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bushberry Shrimp and Roasted Lamb Chop, also deconstructed Pavlova at Australia
Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle and Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart at the Chocolate Studio
Lump Crab cake and Baked Shrimp and Scallop Scampi Dip (ooooh, this was so good) at Coastal Eats
Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato and Corn Mealie Pap and Kachumbari Slaw - Africa (my husband had this and he said the meat was very tough, not tenderloin)

If you are a scallops fan, get them anywhere you can. They were all good according to my husband (I'm not a fan).

We ate all of these in three days and did two dining events on two other days. There were a lot of booths that we didn't even go to because we were either getting full or had somewhere we had to go and couldn't stop.
The Bostonian in me wants to know...how is it a lobster roll without mayo!!! Haha

The Bostonian in me wants to know...how is it a lobster roll without mayo!!! Haha

Some of us can't eat Mayo without getting sick or having an allergic reaction. Knowing I can get it without mayo means I can eat it.

I'm not exactly a "foodie" so some of the items during the festival just sounds downright gross to me, but the only thing I specifically ate more than once was the Spam hash from Hawaii.
Lol - thankfully everyone’s tastes are different. This sounds gross to me - too many spam dinners with powdered milk during my childhood

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter