Your top dish from your top 3 restaurants

hopeful4fl

DisneySpirit
Let's have a positive note on your fav restaurants and list out the top dish from the top 3 restaurants. Your top restaurants may be due to ambiance or taste. Hopefully this may help people (subjective as it may) to try something new :

1> Sanaa - The Bread Service..... oh the bread service
2> Monsieur Paul - Roasted Duck Breast (or any duck preparation they change to)
3> Citricos - Any of their fish preparation

My daughters requirement. Any restaurant chosen must serve steak. Now Ohana is her favorite restaurant for another reason. She loves those noodles.

1) The Boathouse - Boathouse Pimento Cheese
2) Homecomin' - Thigh High Chicken Biscuits
3) Satuli Canteen - Combination Bowl: Grilled Beef & Chicken

Le Cellier --- Le Cellier Filet Mignon
Raglan Road --- Lambo
Monsieur Paul ---the Seared Buffalo Tenderloin or the Roasted Duck Breast

Shulas: French Onion Soup, 10oz Filet, Steamed Asparagus with Hollandaise
Il Muliino: Arancini and Calamari to share, We also get Rigatoni con Funghi and Spaghetti Al Frutti di Mare and share.
Blue Zoo:Raw bar selection platter, Either simply fish or Miso-glazed Mero depending on my mood.

Not necessarily my favorite restaurants, but my favorite dishes:

Coral Reef slow cooked beef on smoked Gouda polenta
California Grill risotto with corn (I also had scallops but the risotto was the star)
HBD Lounge chocolate mousse truffle on the Pick 3 dessert

Great topic! We spend far too much time complaining, and conversely, making excuses for the overall mediocrity of much of the Disney dining experience. But some of my lifetime best-ever individual dishes and complete meals have been at WDW. Two of my top 3 were special off-menu dishes, so I've given back-ups.

1. Victoria & Albert's black truffle gnocchi with porcini mushrooms and shaved white Alba truffles and some sort of sauce of the gods. A dish created to pair with a very special wine. It was so good, I actually teared up and is one of the best things I've ever eaten. Back-up on-menu item: Turbot with brown butter, lemon and capers. This is usually offered as one of V&A's upgraded courses and it is amazing.

2. Morimoto Asia: Lobster shabu-shabu; one of the courses during a knock-out 11-course chef's dinner. Back-up: Morimoto's menchi katsu sliders (Japanese burgers) from their late night "Forbidden Lounge" menu.

3. Bull & Bear @ Waldorf-Astoria: Tableside-prepared Caesar salad. Perfect ingredients and execution for something that could have been just a silly retro-steakhouse flourish. That and their "pasta explosion" appetizer are reason enough to go there. Plus, they have some of the best cocktails anywhere, which helps alleviate the pain of the $24 bowl of soup to pair with your salad.

3. Lamb Shawarma Platter at Tangerine Cafe
2. Biscuits and Gravy at Olivia’s Cafe
1. Treasure Spring Rolls at Nine Dragons

Like a PP mentioned, not my favorite restaurants but still my favorite dishes:

Coral Reef - shrimp & grits
Via Napoli - prosciutto & melon pizza (also their ricotta fritters)
Tangerine Cafe - tabouleh salad

We are not frequent visitors :worried: but I can share my favorite "dishes" from last trip (April 2018). Simple, but yummy....

Spinach Noodles with Garlic - Nine Dragons
Puffed French Toast - Crystal Palace
Giant Bowl of Fresh Fruit - Garden Grill

We will definitely be returning to Nine Dragons and Garden Grill , both at the boys' request, February 2020 8-)

Jiko - wild boar tenderloin (appetizer)
Bluezoo - yellowfin tuna tartare - with nitro sriracha aioli (also an app)
Boathouse - tuna poke and filet sliders with fries

Honorable mentions to the chicken thigh biscuits at Homecomin’, shepherd’s pie at Raglan Road, onion soup at Chefs de France, and pizza at Via Napoli. And, available seasonally, the zellwood corn soup at Brown Derby.

'Ohana - Appetizer platter with noodles, wings, and potstickers. Who needs the meat skewers?
California Grill - Grouper with the best tasting broth I've ever had. It was a "Kaffir Lime Coconut Nage." Unreal.
Homecomin' - Appetizer meal of chicken biscuits and fried green tomatoes. What a feast.

Liberty Tree Tavern-Colony Salad (w/o chicken) and Ooey Gooey Toffee cake
Tangerine Cafe-vegetarian platter
Mara-Butternut Squash Soup, good for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack.

I just noticed that all my favorites are vegetarian, but I'm not.....I thought!

Jiko - wild boar tenderloin (appetizer)
Bluezoo - yellowfin tuna tartare - with nitro sriracha aioli (also an app)
Boathouse - tuna poke and filet sliders with fries

Haven't tried Boathouse yet, but those first two are FANTASTIC. I've even had Jiko do a double portion of the boar for my entree.

California Grill - Goat Cheese ravioli
Wine Bar George - Skirt steak
Narcoossee's - The steamed lobster with the cornbread

Favorite drink - Yak Attack from Yak & Yeti

In saying this tho, it changes all the time. Next trip it might be totally different.

1). Homecomin' - Fried Chicken and Doughnuts
2). La Hacienda de San Angel - Tacos des Camarones
3). California Grill - Not on the regular menu, but we had a traditional Turkey dinner there on Thanksgiving last year. Best meal I've ever eaten on Disney property, easily.

Jiko — the classic Filet with the Mac and cheese that technically is no longer on the menu but can be requested and done still.

Homecomin’ — The fried chicken but instead of just potatoes, request cheesy mashed potatoes and a biscuit. I dream of this meal when I want comfort food.

Flying Fish —Lobster, scallops and shrimp risotto. Not sure if it’s still on menu but it was November. Incredible. Led the charge for a comeback story as I had tried FF years ago, didn’t care for it then went back because I got back to BW late one night when I was staying and looking for a meal. So glad I went back.

Others I still love: Melon and prosciutto pizza at Via Napoli, the steak and carmelized onion flatbread at Cali Grill (long since gone from menu but NOT forgotten), Cobb salad at Brown Derby, Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe, ribeye at Yachtsman, simple fish at Blu Zoo, Drive in BBQ burger and chocolate shake at Sci-Fi (just a long family tradition of getting out of the heat for burgers and shakes at HS) and, of course, a good, old fashioned Mickey Bar (per day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter