Your Top 5 Table Service Restaurants

For food, Carthay Circle, but I've yet to get an adr for Napa rose. I think that may be the only place on property I haven't eaten! I think CC is better than Brown Derby. I don't think the ambience is quite what you are looking for, though- I grew up going to places like that, so as a kid that would have been no big deal to me. Can't remember what else I've had there, but the burger was awesome. It sounds like you are meat eaters- it's a LOT of really excellent beef!

For atmosphere, my "must do" is Blue Bayou. I really haven't noticed a difference between that and Cafe Orleans food wise (I can believe there's a price difference, but the setting is worth it)

Really disliked Naples (and usually I am really not picky about Italian.) I don't care for Rain Forest Cafe food, but everyone else loves it.

You know what my favorite meal was last time, actually? The chili frito cheddar cone in DCA. Good value, filling, and so much more delicious than I expected. That's where I'd take kids unless table service is a deal breaker.

1. Yamabu- oh... Ooooooh...

2. Blue Bayou

3. Churros

4. Plaza Inn. I don't think my mom got a reservation here for next week. I hope they accept walk ins...

5. Rainforest Cafe. I initially put Country Bear but it's jusf a burger place and we like RFC. I haven't been to Goofy's Kitchen in many visits so I don't remember how good it was.

I'm hitting Napa Rose on the 14th so maybe this will get up there. Oddly enough, my family hasn't ever really done a sit down in California Adventure.

We haven't tried them all, but these are our favorites that we keep returning to:
1) Blue Bayou (of course)! So special and unique and the food is always good.
2) Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen - love the entertainment and great food.
3) Storytellers Cafe: the food is fine and I like the buffet, but mostly I love the decor with the literary theme.
4) Cafe Orleans: the little house salad is the best bargain in Disneyland, and I love the Pommes frites and Mickey bengiets.
5) I'll join the mourners for BTM Bbq. We only tried it once, but loved it and had our best server ever here. I sent a comment email to Disney to praise him.

We haven't tried Carthay Circle, but I think we will this trip.

We haven't eaten at a lot of TS places, but we haven't had many poor experiences, either. No particular order:

Cafe Orleans (Pomme Frites and blackened chicken)
Blue Bayou (Surf & Turf)
Carnation Cafe (Meatloaf)
Ariel's Grotto (If you're looking for a Character Meal)
Jazz Kitchen (Blackened chicken alfredo)
Honorable mention: Tortilla Jos (One of, if not THE, only place(s) on property with Dr. Pepper. That makes it a win for me)

1. Napa Rose - Best restaurant in all of Anaheim? Probably.
2. Carthay Circle - Great food, classy atmosphere, and where else can you get craft cocktails like that at a theme park? The place is a Christmas miracle, I tell you, a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!
3. Blue Bayou - Ammmmmbiance.
4. Tortila Jo's - Cause Mexican food should be in the top five of any restaurant list.
5. Little Red Wagon - Ok, not table service, but technically, there ARE some tables there. And I don't think I want to live in a world where I go to Disneyland and don't eat one of their mind bogglingly good corn dogs. I just don't. Skip the Little Red Wagon and the terrorists win.

Oh, and also, my wife has Celiac Disease. We have been very well taken care of at Napa Rose (maybe our best dining experience ever, period, from an allergy/autoimmune perspective), Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou, and Tortilla Jo's. Little Red Wagon...well, some things in life just aren't gluten free. The wife gets a Dole Whip while I'm standing in the 20 minute line for a corn dog.

5. Little Red Wagon - Ok, not table service, but technically, there ARE some tables there. And I don't think I want to live in a world where I go to Disneyland and don't eat one of their mind bogglingly good corn dogs. I just don't. Skip the Little Red Wagon and the terrorists win.

UGH. Now I want a corn dog.

Oh, and also, my wife has Celiac Disease. We have been very well taken care of at Napa Rose (maybe our best dining experience ever, period, from an allergy/autoimmune perspective), Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou, and Tortilla Jo's. Little Red Wagon...well, some things in life just aren't gluten free. The wife gets a Dole Whip while I'm standing in the 20 minute line for a corn dog.

Good to know! I'm not sure Napa Rose is our place as we're just not that fancy ... unless we're in Avila Beach, on the beach, at sunset. And even then, I'm more quantity over quality. But with Celiac hitting the wife, we have to know where we can go and be treated well. It seems Disney does a pretty good job with GF. Thanks!

Let's see...
1. Blue Bayou
2. Carnation Cafe (always a winner, breakfast, luch, or dinner!)
3. Minnie's or Surfs Up! for breakfast

That's about it for us. Our visits to WTC have been downright atrocious. I even wrote to complain about it last time. They were NOT good at dealing with allergies.
I'm not sure what we are going to do for our WOC dinner package. I wasn't greatly impressed with Ariel's and we will not do WTC. I'm nervous about Carthay as my tastes do not match up with their menu; maybe I can order off the kids menu?

We will try either Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55 on this trip. We've been to S55 for breakfast and loved it, so may choose this for our birthday dinner, not sure.

Our visits to WTC have been downright atrocious. I even wrote to complain about it last time. They were NOT good at dealing with allergies.
I'm not sure what we are going to do for our WOC dinner package. I wasn't greatly impressed with Ariel's and we will not do WTC. I'm nervous about Carthay as my tastes do not match up with their menu; maybe I can order off the kids menu?

Thanks for the info on WTC. I'm guessing that's Wine Country Trattoria and the letters got mixed up. When a placed is based on pasta, it's hard to get around Gluten. Especially for Celiac. As for Ariel's, we only go there for the princess lunch. And you're right, Carthay Circle has a menu that's not up our ally. I actually had a pretty good beef sandwich there that's not on the menu that I can see. But my wife had the most disgusting pasta/ravioli ever (before Celiac). I think it was the scaloppini.

I'm thinking DCA could use another table service, for sure. Maybe even a character meal.

Thanks for the info on WTC. I'm guessing that's Wine Country Trattoria and the letters got mixed up. When a placed is based on pasta, it's hard to get around Gluten. Especially for Celiac. As for Ariel's, we only go there for the princess lunch. And you're right, Carthay Circle has a menu that's not up our ally. I actually had a pretty good beef sandwich there that's not on the menu that I can see. But my wife had the most disgusting pasta/ravioli ever (before Celiac). I think it was the scaloppini.

I'm thinking DCA could use another table service, for sure. Maybe even a character meal.
Sorry about that. Dyslexia at it's best... I agree, DCA could definitely use another table service restaurant (or two). I would LOVE to see another character meal. One with our Pixar Pals would be amazing!

I know how much you loved the ribs at BTRBB.

13691105_10155027343380299_483541060915947682_o.jpg

Isn't it great we all have such different tastes! I guess that's what keeps places open! We absolutely love WCT and eat there on every trip and we dislike Naples with a passion! LOL :)

1, Napa Rose - We've done chef counter and table service and both were fantastic experiences. I'm partial to Chef's counter but the food is just amazing.
2. Blue Bayou - I know this is a hit or miss for many but we love it , lunch and dinner equally. While we love waterside tables and typically book first lunch to "gurantee" such , we've always enjoyed our meal regardless.
3. Jazz Kitchen - It's an often overlooked gem and I love spicy and cajun food.
4. Carnation Cafe - It's just a classic and has some great comfort classics.
5. La Brea Bakery - This was a surprise love for us. Their brunch menu goes until 3pm and is extensive and has amazing portions.

I so wanted to put Steakhouse 55 on this list but after a truly disappointing experience a few months back , I never want to go back. It was just mediocre compared to previously being outstanding service and food alike.
I'd rather wait 2-3 trips and do Napa versus going back again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter