Your Top 5 - Lands of Disneyland

GatorChris

Not of This World
I was inspired to create a post like this by reading a Top 5 article over on another Disney Parks website today. I'd like to create a few more threads for your favorite Top 5s of different parts of the parks. Hopefully threads like these will re-ignite some passion for DLR for me and you.

I'll be creating two Top 5 threads today, starting with this one.

What is your Top 5 Lands of the Disneyland Park? Here's mine:

1. Frontierland: For me, growing up with my dad watching old B Westerns, this part of the park is like walking into a glade of my youth, complete with old western tunes. And while Big Thunder Mt barely cracks my Top 5 rides of DL, the theming of this ride, the restaurants, Tom Sawyer Island (my favorite place to unwind - Get Well Soon), and the Riverboats all make this my favorite place at DL and usually my first land to visit.

2. Tomorrowland: With two of my top 5 rides, Star Tours and Space Mt, this area comes in a close second. There's just something magical for me when I walk in and hear the Tomorrowland music loop, even if I'm being crushed by 10,000 people going in the same direction:crutches:. With other attractions like the Nemo Subs, AstroBlasters, the StarWars Launch Bay, Star Wars Path of the Jedi movie (wish it was in 3D), Autopia, and AstroOrbiter, this place is jammed packed with Disney magic...which is why it's usually jammed packed with people.

3. New Orleans Square: With the epic ride that is Pirates of the Caribbean, and Haunted Mansion to boot, this place is awesome. The theming is done particularly well here. Then you get to eat on a river, or at a French market, or gobble up beignets....yummmmm. And I love the BootStrappers when they place. This place is nearly perfect.

4. Critter Country: This place gets the nod over Adventureland for two reasons. First, Spalsh Mt is my all-time favorite ride. Second, it never feels as crowded as Adventureland. So even though this area only has two rides and one restaurant (with a great view - coming back soon I hope), it has my Alpha ride, so it makes my list.

5. FantasyLand: This one beats out AdventureLand as well because of the amount of attractions, but only barely makes the list because it doesn't quite match up to the Fantasyland (IMO) I got used to at WDW. But I really do love rides like Alice in Wonderland, StoryBook Canal Boats, Pinnochio, Peter Pan, and IASW (which kills it's sister-ride over at WDW). But really, when I think of the DL version of Fantasyland, I think of Toad's Wild Ride. This attraction is just special. Add in the cobblestone streets, the Tea Cups, the back-crunching Matterhorn (hey, it makes for great photos!), and this area is great. It might be higher for your list, but it was too difficult to put FL above the other 4.

Alright, that's my Top 5. How about yours!

1. Tomorrowland: First stop everytime for my little ones.

2. Fantasyland: This is Disneyland as far as I am concerned. This is the place where three or four generations can come together with some level of commonality.

3. Frontierland: Every trip when I was kid was concluded with the Fantasmic show and I always associate the show with this land. The themes are great and my daughters favourite ride (at the moment) is BTMR.

4. Main Street: Just for the memories. The parades, the little shops and entrance. Everything that starts you off in the mood for a great day in life.

5. New Orleans: Great classic rides that everyone should have to take part in and some of the best places to eat. I love that it based on such a unique area of the United States. I mean I understand the reasoning but it just seems strange for an outsiders to have area in California devoted to another part of the country.

1. Fantasyland: Easily the most iconic land in the park with some of the most famous rides: Peter Pan, Dumbo, Tea Cups. Even if we aren't going on rides it's fun just walking through here. The Castle is technically in this land and so is Matterhorn! The Sword in the Stone, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, I love it all :) I'll even hop on Storybook Canal is the line is short enough. Definitely my favorite land.

2. Adventureland: Though it may be a small section of the park I love just walking through it, The sight lines were so well done, you really feel immersed when you're in this land. Plus on a hot day, it has lots of nice shaded areas :) Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones, some might not like some of these attractions but they're always worth a stop in my opinion.

3. New Orleans Square: Pirates and Haunted Mansion in the same land is hard to top, this land also houses the top three restaurants in the park too: Club 33(only been once), Blue Bayou and Café Orleans! The shops and street through the land we're beautifully done as well. The beignet window is a treat and this land also has a Train stop!

4. Frontierland: Big Thunder, Big Thunder Ranch BBQ (Rest in Peace), River Boat, Colombia, Shooting Gallery, lots of great memories from this land. The stores are cool, and the Golden Horseshoe is always fun.

5. Tomorrowland: I wish I could rank it higher, but the only good thing about the land in my opinion is the rides. Space, Star Wars and Astro Blaster I love, but the rest of the land is unfortunately lack luster :( The food offerings aren't that great either, and of course, it's always overcrowded and the walking space/traffic is poorly directed.

Last edited:
5. Fantasyland: So much to do and so little time. It gets on the list for having the classics plus the Mickey and the Magical Map!
4. Frontierland: Big Thunder and viewing for Fantasmic! Props for being more open and not being a bottleneck like many other lands at DL!
3. Tomorrowland: It may need a little work at the moment, but it still has Space Mountain and Star Tours. I still really like the area.
2. Adventureland: I love the DL Tiki Room so, so much, and Indiana Jones is such a great ride.
1. New Orleans Square:
Pirates. Mansion. Need I go on?

1. New Orleans Square. My absolute favorite area in the park. Has my favorite rides, my favorite food and the best place we've ever slept LOL
2. Adventureland. I just like the theming a bunch.
3. Main Street. It's beautiful...also the theming.
4. Fantasyland. Really it's Disneyland at heart.
5. Critter Country. I like the music played around that area a lot

1. New Orleans Square. I love Pirates, walking by the water, the food, the cute little street lined with shops, the different entertainers that seem to pop up out of nowhere.

2. Critter Country. I love Pooh and friends (ride and meet and greet), it feels more relaxed, Splash is a favorite ride, adorable shop with yummy treats and unique souvenirs, walking under the bridge.

3. Frontierland. I love the buildings, the open spaces, sitting on the porch eating corn dogs, Big Thunder is another favorite ride.

4. Main Street. While this isn't technically a land, it is Disneyland to me the same way others feel about Fantasyland. I love the shops, getting Silhouettes of my kids, watching the vehicles make their way up and down the street, the smell of treats, and the view of the castle in the distance.

5. Tie. Adventureland. I love the music, the Dole Whips, the Jungle Cruise and Indy. Toontown. So whimsical and some of my favorite pictures are taken here. It is a nice place for kids to burn off some energy and not be so confined. Easier to meet characters.

1. Fantasyland
2. Mainstreet (Does this count as a land?)
3. New Orleans Square
4. Adventureland
5. Critter Country
--- I really dislike Tomorrowland at DL. It needs to be redone in such a bad way. Hope it's the next refub after Star Wars Land.

1.) New Orleans Square
2.) Adventureland
3.) Frontierland
4.) Critter Country
5.) Main Street

Most of the time when I go to DL, I don't even go to the other areas.

1. New Orleans Square
2. Adventureland
3. Fantasyland (at night time especially)
4. Main Street
5. Critter Country

There are only eight lands in Disneyland (so only three have to be left out)! :rotfl:

1. New Orleans Square - it has my favorite attraction (Haunted Mansion), one of my favorite QS locations (French Market), some of my favorite snacks (Mickey beignets and mint juleps), and a great atmosphere (when it's not a traffic mess).
2. Fantasyland - This one is nostalgic to me. I loved FL as a small child and nothing calls out "Disneyland" as much to me as this land.
3. Main Street - There is something about walking down Main Street that says "you're at DL" to me. It also has two great QS options (Jolly Holiday and Plaza Inn), a great ice cream shop (Gibson Girl) and lots of great shops. It's also a great place to watch fireworks and the parades.
4. Tomorrowland - despite the traffic disasters and constant reminder that the Peoplemover is gone, I still like TL for the attractions (Space and Buzz mostly) and the overall look/feel of the land.
5. Frontierland - another land that is well done from a theme point of view.

Last edited:
1. New Orleans Square: HM and PotC are two of my favorite attractions, I enjoy all the restaurants and the theming and atmosphere is amazing even with the crowds.
2. Frontierland: I love the Old West vibe and the Rivers of America and BTMR is probably my favorite attraction.
3. Adventureland: This would be my favorite if it was more expansive and didn't have the insane crowd issues. JC and Indy are both great.
4. Tomorrowland: Space Mt. and Star Tours are both great, I love the Star Wars theming and roving characters and the Monorail is so unique.
5. Main Street: Nothing better than strolling down Main St. early in the morning and I love all the great eateries and snacks.

1. Fantasyland! This is easily my favorite land due to all the classic rides :) Walking through the castle into Fantasyland is just one of the best feelings ever! When I first starting going to DL I was really little and spent a good amount of time in Fantasyland so it's the land that got me hooked!

2. New Orleans Square! The theming in this area is awesome.. love it! I think it is definitely one of the best lands to explore and just admire. I feel like there is so much to take in!

3. Critter Country! I love it back there :) Less crowed feel and always much cooler (temp wise) feeling so it is nice to wander around on a warmer day. I love the scenery and the characters you find back there. Pooh and friends are adorable! Plus it's home to Splash Mountain which has been my favorite ride since I can remember!

4. Main Street! Main Street at closing is one of my favorite things EVER! All lit up.. not that many people.. the music.. yes! Our family always stays until closing and it is tradition for us to grab a hot chocolate at the end of the day and just sit and people watch! Such a nice closing of a long go, go, go day.

5. Frontierland! Just a really cool land with ..again.. great scenery! I have been to a few old ghost towns and really enjoyed them so I think that is key in why I love Frontierland so much. I love the sounds as well :) the music.. the crickets.. the noise from thunder mountain!

This was super hard.. as I love all the lands so so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter