Your thoughts on the increase in dues

Bexx

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how other people are feeling about the rather large rises in our annual dues - expecially as we can't spread the cost and have to pay it all in one lump sum.

I would also be interested to know what other new members, like myself, think. Obviously I knew that the dues would go up, but after partly basing the decision to join on past increases, the current one came as a bit of a shock! :eek:

I just picked up these figures from the US DVC Board...

OKW- $3.49
HH - $3.69
BCV - $3.97
VWL- $4.05
BWV- $4.10
VB - $4.37

Therefore the increase (in low to high order) is

BWV- 0.18
HH - 0.20
BCV- 0.20
VB - 0.20
VWL- 0.25
OKW- 0.27

I'm not overly chuffed as my home is VWL - one of the highest increased amounts, but I knew that there was always a chance of bigger price rises and when you read on the other board, most additional expenses seem to be down to Insurance and Security. Not really surprising after September 11th. I'm assuming it to be something of a spike when you consider past increases, but if it happened again next year, I doubt I'll be feeling so magnanomous!

I'm not thrilled exactly, but I'm not too distraught this year. As Penny says, if this kind of increase continues next year, then I may be much less happy about it. As a one-off, I think it's okay.

I'm sure it would make a big difference to us to be able to pay monthly like those with US bank accounts - psychologically anyway - as the increase in total spread over 12 months would have much less of an impact than our one-off payments.

Hi all
Yes - hopefully it is a one off.

But remember we pay in GBP£ and the exchange rate has changed about 10% in since last January (from 1.4 to 1.55 ish today- around 10%)

So if the increase for VWL is around 6%, the decrease in £'s due to the favourable move in the exchange rates will act to reduce it below last years bill! (around 4% less)

A change in exchange rate could always go the other way and increase the amount - so it's an important consideration.

We'll have to wait and see what the exchange rate is in January, and that's anybody's guess.

Andy

Good point on the exchange rate Andy. I'm certain you can pay early if you like the current rate.

The change on the exchange rate from the beginning of the year is 8.4% and it looks like it will rise a bit more hope it will hit the 10% rise I would recommend buying $$$ if the rate went above $1.60 to the £ as this has been the historical high for the pound for the last few years
Regards PulH
(sad but i allways watch the £ v $ every day)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter