Your thoughts on Storyteller Breakfast

RuthieT

DIS Veteran
We have never been to this character meal and was wondering how it the food compared to minnie breakfast. What characters are normally there?

;)Its actually my favorite character breakfast... I think the food is pretty yummy. You see woodland type characters there... one year we saw: Baloo, Brer Bear, Brer Fox, Chip, Dale, Rafiki, Turk, Koda, & Kenai. It was a very busy morning of pics and autographs, and we barely ate! ;)

This is our fav also. The restaurant even seems relaxing during character time and food and service has always been good every time we go:thumbsup2

As far as the food goes, this is my favorite character breakfast. You can either order buffet or off the menu. I typically order the huevos rancheros and my daughter, Kelly, typically orders the eggs benedict.

This is a critter character breakfast, so you'll see Chip, Dale, and most likely Baloo (Jungle Book), Terk (Tarzan), Koda & Kenai (Brother Bear), maybe Rafiki (Lion King), and the 'ranger' who's pretty funny.

As for Minnies, I enjoyed that breakfast, but it's the normal fare - eggs, waffles, sausage, bacon... we saw a bunch of characters there - Chip, Dale, Goofy, Fairy Godmother, Rafiki, Perla (Cinderella), and a couple more (we saw 9 different characters), and in my opinion, got more attention from them than we did at Goofy's Kitchen.

yum

I do like Storytellers, and *hated* Minnie's, so...go for Storytellers. :) (the only thing I could choke down at Minnie's were the little chocolate croissants, and those are the same anywhere)

Not a fan.
Please understand that you're going to get opinions across the board and ultimately you'll have to decide what you think your family will like.

It was a little too sedate for me. I didn't like the characters much, didn't recognize a bunch of them, which was weird!

All the food at the buffets are the same, or nearly the same.

We love Goofy's Kitchen. The high energy, fun and kind of chaotic atmosphere. It's just a fun experience. Great character experiences too.

Have a great vacation~hard not to!

One thing at Storyteller's is you can get the small mini-Mickey shaped waffles delivered to your table, nice and warm (you just tell the server). At Minnie's, it's what's under the heat lamp.

I agree with General Tso in that opinions for all character meals will be all over the map. It's very subjective. I think I am the other lone person who is actually not a big fan of the Critter Breakfast.

I've never seen more than 5 characters there at one time, and sometimes only 4 (but that happens at all the character meals except for Minnie & Friends, which consistently has 8-14 characters). The Critter Breakfast buffet selection is small. The menu selections are expensive for what they are and are only a few dollars less than the buffet (so the buffet makes much more sense). Picture something that's like the size of a Denny's Grand Slam...but it costs $18.00!!!:scared1: This is one of the few places where you can order a full-size Mickey waffle on the menu as well.

The characters I have seen over the course of a few visits have been some combination of: Koda, Kenai, Chip & Dale (but Chip & Dale can be found at Minnie & Friends or at Goofy's Kitchen), Terk, Meeko, Pluto (years and years ago - not sure why he was there), Rafiki and possibly Timon. I think Baloo was arriving as I was leaving at one point, but Baloo can often be seen at Goofy's. I have heard of some Br'er/Song of the South characters popping in here and there but I've never seen them during my meals.

I prefer Storytellers so much more as a regular restaurant for lunch or dinner. But again, I am probably alone in my opinion. It's not that I think it is a bad character meal or would advise anyone against eating there. It's just not my personal preference. You'd probably like it, though, because most folks do!

I like it for the food--but to me (and my kids) the characters are kind of lack luster. If you are going for face characters (like princesses, Alice, Mad Hatter, Jasmine and Aladdin plus Goofy, Minnie, Pluto and his son, etc)..then go for Goofy's Kitchen. Goofy's kitchen has a really good breakfast as well, but much more characters to take pictures with. If you don't care as much about the characters, then Storytellers is a good pick for some yummy food.

We have done Goofy Kitchen teice for dinner, Ariel once for lunch and Minnie's twice for breakfast. I just thought since we are staying at the GCH this time around we would check it out.. But, thats true about the characters I dont think either of my girls will know many if any of the characters

We love it ~ usually order from the menu and split with my DD. It's a lovely restaraunt. DS & my mom had brunch there this past Thanksgiving weekend.

We really enjoyed our breakfast there. My mom and I ordered off the menu, the rest of our family had the buffet.

As far as characters go, it is true that the characters aren't the biggies. My 3 year old son seemed to prefer the characters here. He is afraid of "Giant Mickey Mouse" as he calls him, at Surf's Up and in the park, etc. Somehow, big bears, and other animals just weren't as scary to him (he still didn't like Gapetto, it's the whole big head thing I think) so for him, it was the best character experience of our last two trips, and we have done them all except for Ariel's Grotto (had to cancel lunch due to sheer exhaustion after 3 nights of being in the park to midnight or almost midnight).

My girls love the characters and upbeat feeling at Minnie's (at the Plaza Inn in DL) and at Surf's Up (PPH), but we all prefer the food at Storytellers, hands down. Even the buffet food is better than the others, and if something isn't to your taste (anything, potatoes, meat, eggs benedict) from the buffet, like it is over or under cooked for your liking, they will make it fresh to order, even when you order from the buffet. You just can't beat that!

Our family loves Storytellers for breakfast (not so much for dinner.) But this is a very different kind of character breakfast - so if you know that going in and you're OK with it, this is an excellent choice.

First, we like the fact that we all have the choice between ordering from the menu and a buffet. We're a family of five (with three boys ages 5, 11 and 12) and we have very different opinions about breakfast generally. So some of us can order small items while others get the full buffet - perfect for us!

As for the characters, it's kind of funny. The characters really are very random and our pre-teen boys think that's hilarious. And my husband and I agree - you never know which random character is going to show up. Our youngest son doesn't recognize all of them immediately, but catches on when someone tells him who it is. But we've been WDW AP holders (mine was a Premier last time) and we've spent quite a lot of time at Disney, so it's fine to see these random characters in a really low key setting. If we hadn't seen Mickey and Friends so many times in recent years, we would choose another character meal at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter