Your thoughts on recent fashion trends?

BabyPiglet

DIS Veteran
So if you were to walk into my local highschool, you'd think you'd walked into a hippie movement of the 60's. I don't know about other places, but I do know that around here trends from the 60's are definitely 'in' now.

So what are some trends you've seen recently?
What do you think of them?

i don't mean to offend anyone with this, but i'm sick and tired of:
modern hippies (i mean peace sign wearing, global warming freaks. youre not a hippie. youre a slave to corporate suggestion.)
emo (I wanna attack them and comb their hair)
scene (emo kids who dont have the cojones to say that theyre emo)
goth (this should've died like five years ago. let it go kids)
white gansters (youre not scaring anyone. youre a skinny little white kid who would cry if you were in real ghetto)

those are just off the top of my head.

modern hippies (i mean peace sign wearing, global warming freaks. youre not a hippie. youre a slave to corporate suggestion.)
white gansters (youre not scaring anyone. youre a skinny little white kid who would cry if you were in real ghetto)

Ahh yes. I agree very much.

I'm really really over the whole emo/scene thing. It's done, let's move on now.

'Gangsters' just make me laugh. That whole style is just awful.

Ahh yes. I agree very much.

I'm really really over the whole emo/scene thing. It's done, let's move on now.

'Gangsters' just make me laugh. That whole style is just awful.
Yeah, I know, Jenny. Not to sound racist or anything but I hate when african americans wear jeans that are 2 sizes too big for them. Or wear the long t-shirts.:confused:

I also hate it when girls wear the types of bottoms that have words on their butt. Those just annoy me to no end.

When will people ever realize how stupid they look when they have their pants down to their knees with really baggy shirts?

Everyone here dresses pretty much the same... I have never seen someone trying to be scene/emo/gangster/etc... but whenever I go to Canada, there's always so many people trying to be something they're not by changing the way they act and look, and it's really stupid.

I actually really like the modern-hippie look.
the look, not the claim to actually be a hippie.
The 60's look is totally cool with me though, I love it, it's pretty classy & cool.

I really like black skinny jeans right now. With heels, I loooove that look.
I want to get a pair of red pumps to wear with my black skinny jeans. I only have black ones right now.

I'm reeeallllyyy really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY (x 13908908) am ooooover Hollister. I can REALLY NOT escape it, everywhereeee I go HOLLISTER HOLLISTER HOLLISTER. Over it.

I also really like mini shirt-dresses that are really flowy with a fitted band at the bottom.
dr1.jpg

But I hate when people where them with leggings.
(I know, I know, it's alot more conservative, but I just really like how long & elegant they make your legs look and leggings totally take away from that)

And I HATE TNA. I don't think you guys have Aritzia in the states, but they have a brand called TNA, and it's like another Hollister, as in you can't escape it, as in you go to the mall and you see 3 girls with the exact same outfit on.
Boring & Unoriginal, I hate it.

Anyways...for the summer I'm totalllly into the flowy shirts & dresses (partly because I haven't worked off my winter flab yet and it's a great way to hide it ;) )

ETA: I know that the square Ray-Ban style of sunglasses is in right now....but I will never let go of me big huge, bug-eye glasses!!! They're perfect for my face shape...so I refuse to get into the Ray-Ban thing.

I actually really like the modern-hippie look.
the look, not the claim to actually be a hippie.
The 60's look is totally cool with me though, I love it, it's pretty classy & cool.

I really like black skinny jeans right now. With heels, I loooove that look.
I want to get a pair of red pumps to wear with my black skinny jeans. I only have black ones right now.

I'm reeeallllyyy really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY (x 13908908) am ooooover Hollister. I can REALLY NOT escape it, everywhereeee I go HOLLISTER HOLLISTER HOLLISTER. Over it.

I also really like mini shirt-dresses that are really flowy with a fitted band at the bottom.
dr1.jpg

But I hate when people where them with leggings.
(I know, I know, it's alot more conservative, but I just really like how long & elegant they make your legs look and leggings totally take away from that)

And I HATE TNA. I don't think you guys have Aritzia in the states, but they have a brand called TNA, and it's like another Hollister, as in you can't escape it, as in you go to the mall and you see 3 girls with the exact same outfit on.
Boring & Unoriginal, I hate it.

Anyways...for the summer I'm totalllly into the flowy shirts & dresses (partly because I haven't worked off my winter flab yet and it's a great way to hide it ;) )

TNA is just terrible... and people only wear the pants because they think it makes their *** look bigger, and really it doesn't, they just need to eat a cheeseburger for lunch every day for a week, and they wont have to buy the pants! It would cost a lot less too.

I love flower-print dresses, bright halters, circle-printed dresses, artsy dresses that are kind of unique, maxi and mini dresses, really big bangles, wedges, and shorts and skirts that aren't denim.

I hate... UGGS, baggy clothes, suspenders, anything with leggings, crocs, high-waisted pants, gladiator sandals, oversize sunglasses that are WAY too oversize, and when people wear clothes that are WAY too tight.

White gangsters piss me off to no end. Half of them at my school have dad's that are like DENTISTS and elementary school principals. They like to dress like they have next to no money, and talk like they never had parents to teach them how to behave properly in public.

Now, I don't mind leggings with a long t-shirt. But I do mind it when said shirt does not cover the butt. This girl who's in all my classes will wear like a Hurley shirt, that goes maybe to her hip bone, and walks around with leggings and pants. I don't know how she even feels covered in it, especially because the leggings are tight, you can see underwear lines and such..

I personally, think tights are cuter than leggings. They're much more cute and proper

Yeah, I know, Jenny. Not to sound racist or anything but I hate when african americans wear jeans that are 2 sizes too big for them. Or wear the long t-shirts.:confused:

I also hate it when girls wear the types of bottoms that have words on their butt. Those just annoy me to no end.

I totally agree.
I know a girl who has two handprints instead of words on her butt cheeks when she wares those dumb shorts.

I hate the wangster thing.
It's pretty lame.

Well said!!!

The girls in my school wear their Ugg boots with soffe shirts and hoodies. They look so ridiculous!

I hate UGGs.
Even more when someone wears them with a mini skirt and leggings.

Whatever was stated above...
I'm glad I don't wear things that will "label" me into a certain group. I wear whatever makes me happy
Usually just jeans and a shirt, sometimes a band shirt (band as in cobra starship)

THANK YOU.
I know of at least five girls off the top of my head who are all into the huge "hippie movement", and it really bothers me. I like learning about the 60's, it was a time filled with change and rebellion and it's amazing to hear about.
Seeing those girls in school all drawing "original" pictures filled with peace signs and saying that they're new-age hippies drives me crazy.

Yes, going green is good. No, it does not make you an Earth warrior.
Yes, bohemian is a style. No, wearing it does not make you a modern-day Woodstock attendee.
Yes, Across the Universe is a good movie. No, watching should not change your entire perspective on life.

UGH. Sorry, that just really gets to me.

All Across the Universe says to me is..
'Stay away from drugs kids, or you'll be whisked away on a bus and see creepy messed up things on your acid trip.'

I hate pants with words on the butt.
I hate anything from Hollister/Abercrombie.
I HATE GLADIATOR SANDALS.
I hate those shoes that are kinda like 30's mens shoes but with a heel.
I hate fake-gangsters. I saw this one guy once whose tshirt was down to his KNEES.

Hmmm... yes, Uggs have become overrated. However, my grammy was one of the first people to buy them. BEFORE they became popular. So I feel like everyone who wears them is stealing HER thing.

I hate thos sandals too.
They're god awful.

I also hate it when people wear those stretchy headbands OVER their ears. Like the Lulu Lemon headband, but it's ON their ears.
487.jpg

Like seriously, they look stupid.
Wear them behind your ears plz.

All Across the Universe says to me is..
'Stay away from drugs kids, or you'll be whisked away on a bus and see creepy messed up things on your acid trip.'

that movie was god-awful.

it was people who aren't artists trying to be all weird and artistic.

that movie was god-awful.

it was people who aren't artists trying to be all weird and artistic.

haha, i liked it.

anyways, loose, colorful, short knit dresses are really popular at my school w/ bare legs. I like that trend. :-)
so are skinnies with flat, brown flip flops. or rather, ANYTHING with flat brown flip flops.
oh, also those weird jean capri things that are tight and end right above the knee, and the bottom on the legs are rolled up a little. I don't like those. :|

Being gangster is 'in' at my school;

Guys: HUUUUUGE t-shirts, extremely baggy jeans, giant chains, and they all look stoned and can't talk proper english what-so-ever.

Girls: Tightest/smallest t-shirts, extremely tight jeans, stilletos, huge hoop earrings, a lot of gold jewelry, like 380425 bangles ( The noise they make drives me INSANE), and a lot of them are pregnant :l

My school WINS =D !

Whatever was stated above...
I'm glad I don't wear things that will "label" me into a certain group. I wear whatever makes me happy
Usually just jeans and a shirt, sometimes a band shirt (band as in cobra starship)

OMG
I
love
that
band.

Yeah but I only hate when boys wear those like old men sneakers!
:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter