Your secret revealed about the disney dining plan

Do people really find these mugs worth the investment? We've never purchased one before. I just couldn't see walking all of the way to the foodcourt each time I wanted a drink. Of course, we drive down and usually take a cooler with bottled water and sodas, so that's probably why. I've seen so many people talk about the beauty of refillable mugs, though.

That s great if your have a cooler full of drinks, but many people don't. Last year we bought the refillable mugs, and even though we never took them into the parks they were well worth the money! Here's what we did:
We bought 2 mugs for our party of 4 (2 adults, 2 children). In the mornings I would take my shower and get dressed, then while the others were getting ready I would run down to the foodcourt and get one mug full of (black) coffee and the other full of juice. When I got back to the room my hubby and I split the coffee into 2 cups, which when we added milk, really did make 2 complete cups of coffee! The kids split the juice, and each of us had a donut (from the whole box I got for one snack credit), and that was breakfast. At night after we returned to the hotel my husband would run down and do the same thing again, but get decaf instead of regular coffee. The mugs cost $11.99 each I believe, so for our 6 day trip, we got 4 cups of coffee and 4 cups of juice for $4 a day!

Le Cel: are the cap freeze, mango smoothie, etc. usually allowed? Anyone not been able to get them?

Got the mango smoothie last year, was great but would only give me one so I got ice tea no charge.:cool2:

For breakfast me:cool1: and DW:hippie: got the coffee mugs and split a box of Entenmann's for 1 snack credit then head out to the parks as early as possible.

Saved most of our snack credits for the Kringla Bakeri in EPCOT :rolleyes1

[The mugs cost $11.99 each I believe, so for our 6 day trip, we got 4 cups of coffee and 4 cups of juice for $4 a day!]
I think last year a lot of what we did was based on those mugs. Me and DW now in our 50's and the 2 to the left in the picture are both away at college at the same time (costing us lots but we hate to miss Disney so we sneek off w/o them);)
Last year at ASMu we were as far away from the food court as you could get, so we would take our mugs, drive to the front, get our coffee and a box of dughnuts and sit outside at a table. We would then put our mugs in the car in the front lot and wait for the bus out front. When returning at night from the Parks we would get our mugs from the car, fill them with soda or coffee, get to the car and drive to the back of the resort. I don't mind walking but we save that for the parks. Are we nuts?:confused3

We'd get our drinks and bring them with us in the car when we drove to the parks in the morning. Was a nice way to get as much coffee in as I could!

I think last year a lot of what we did was based on those mugs. Me and DW now in our 50's and the 2 to the left in the picture are both away at college at the same time (costing us lots but we hate to miss Disney so we sneek off w/o them);)
Last year at ASMu we were as far away from the food court as you could get, so we would take our mugs, drive to the front, get our coffee and a box of dughnuts and sit outside at a table. We would then put our mugs in the car in the front lot and wait for the bus out front. When returning at night from the Parks we would get our mugs from the car, fill them with soda or coffee, get to the car and drive to the back of the resort. I don't mind walking but we save that for the parks. Are we nuts?:confused3

I just read this whole thread and found a lot of great tips. Thanks to all who shared! Also, thanks for the pineapple story. It was hillarious... :lmao:

I also would like to hear about any non-alcoholic drinks people have been successful getting as a beverage on the DDP.

Especially:

WCC: anyone not been allowed to get the milkshakes?
Spoodles: heard some talk about non-alcoholic sangria?
Kona: anything?
Le Cel: are the cap freeze, mango smoothie, etc. usually allowed? Anyone not been able to get them?

TIA. :thumbsup2

and most other drinks are on the plan too

Thanks for all the great tips everyone! We're using the DP for the first time in June, and I really appreciate everyone sharing their experiences.

bandBadge.jpg

smileypineapple.gif
smileypineapple.gif
smileypineapple.gif
smileypineapple.gif

:thumbsup2
Is it you? Is it really you? :banana: :banana: :banana:

That s great if your have a cooler full of drinks, but many people don't. Last year we bought the refillable mugs, and even though we never took them into the parks they were well worth the money! Here's what we did:
We bought 2 mugs for our party of 4 (2 adults, 2 children). In the mornings I would take my shower and get dressed, then while the others were getting ready I would run down to the foodcourt and get one mug full of (black) coffee and the other full of juice. When I got back to the room my hubby and I split the coffee into 2 cups, which when we added milk, really did make 2 complete cups of coffee! The kids split the juice, and each of us had a donut (from the whole box I got for one snack credit), and that was breakfast. At night after we returned to the hotel my husband would run down and do the same thing again, but get decaf instead of regular coffee. The mugs cost $11.99 each I believe, so for our 6 day trip, we got 4 cups of coffee and 4 cups of juice for $4 a day!

1. DISclaimer - I've only read pg 9 - - but when we were at Poly - we did get 2 mugs for the 3 of us - and one mug was the designated "coffee" mug (that coffee smell leeches into plastic - trust me!)

2. I wonder since this year we're booked at PoP and I hear they have "frozen cokes" so I was thinking of mailing (UPS) a bottle of rum to add to the frozen or plain cokes???

3. when we stayed at POR we were so far away from the food court - we never invested in the mugs - my dad did, as he didnt invest in going into the parks each day - he did eat at the food court and LOVED the whole mug program!! We lived with the free dining plan drinks - and the "UPS shipped" water, etc ..

We took afternoon breaks at the resort, but after eating we all were SOO Full from lunch, that instead of taking a cake and bringing it back to the room, (after we had like 7 carrot cakes, 5 choc cakes, it was getting to be a bit much)

So the lady that was ringing us up, told us a tip, to get our receipt stamped and come back later that SAME day to get our snack.

So we did that for the rest of the week.

Went back to the parks, had a ball, and on the way back to our room, we would stop for Ice Cream Sundaes, Shakes, etc, whatever we wanted. Nice way to end the day!
What? Really? Can you elaborate on this? You did this at several CS places? How do you request this "stamp"? Then you have to return to the same CS I assume? So you were then able to get a snack instead of a dessert, because sundaes and shakes aren't normal dessert offerings, right? HELP!!!!!!!:confused:

What? Really? Can you elaborate on this? You did this at several CS places? How do you request this "stamp"? Then you have to return to the same CS I assume?
This is only available at a few of the CS eateries. It is not a standard practice. Generally, you'll find it offered at some of the hotel food courts and some of the CS at the water parks (only). Again, not at all of them, only at some of them. Also, it is subject to change, even from cashier to cashier, since it is not a standard part of the Dining Plan. So, if you're interested in this, you can ask when you enter each CS eatery to select your meal.

This is only available at a few of the CS eateries. It is not a standard practice. Generally, you'll find it offered at the hotel food courts (only), and even then, not at all of them, only at some of them. Also, it is subject to change, even from cashier to cashier, since it is not a standard part of the Dining Plan. So, if you're interested in this, you can ask when you enter each CS eatery to select your meal.

Thanks. Yes, now that I reread the original post I can see that the poster was referring to her resort food court. Oh well!!

Actually, I think some of the CS at the water parks might do this, sometimes, as well.

Yes- we had a CS mea at Typhoon Lagoon, and they did something to where we could come back up for our icecream snack later. It was either tear the receipt or stamp it...can't remember?

just been reading this through hahahahaha pineapple stealing how funny!!!:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :dance3:

Can you get frozen coke in ur refill mug? and what other drink can you get just wondering if it will be worth it we are staying at Csr in sept i'm not a big fizzy drink person but Dbf is for sure!!!:love:

j
Can you get frozen coke in ur refill mug? and what other drink can you get just wondering if it will be worth it we are staying at Csr in sept i'm not a big fizzy drink person but Dbf is for sure!!!:love:

We mainly used ours for iced tea (me) and coffee (DH). I only like certain sodas and none of them are Coke products, so since all they have at WDW is Coke products, I didn't use the mugs for soda at all. DH rarely drinks soda of any sort, especially when it is hot out. We still thought they were well worth it, and will be getting mugs again on our next trip.

I'd love to hear about anyone that has had luck with getting the "add-ons" on some of the table service menu entrees on the DDP without being charged. I've read a few posts where people have added on things like that and weren't charged extra.

Ex. oven roasted mushrooms (listed as a side item) at the Concourse Steakhouse to have on top of your steak. It's listed as $3.99. At the Yachtsman, the mushroom add-on is even more...$6.00

Ex. Top Sirloin Steak at the Turf Club- you can add on a topping of crab meat & gratin mustard sauce...or even more...a topping of bleu cheese, portabello mushrooms and balsamic-port glaze.

Ex. Ooohhh...here's an even more interesting one... how about the add-on steamed lobster tail with any entree for $12- at Cap'n Jack's?

A CM from Cap'n Jack's was posting here, and said the add-a-tail was removed from the menu around the middle of April. I believe you can still request it, but its $12 OOP, and isn't included free on the dining plan anymore.

Non-Disney-owned at Epcot:

San Angel Inn
Nine Dragons
Alfredo's/Patina Group
Teppanyaki/Tempura Kiku
Chefs de France/Bistro de Paris
Marrakesh

Note that that does NOT necessarily mean ANY of them apply the same policy as WPC at DTD regarding gratuities. Ask the manager if you're concerned.

Biergarten, Akershus, Rose and Crown, Le Cellier, Garden Grill, and Coral Reef are all Disney-owned.

Thanks. We don't have any of the non-Disney restaurants on our list, only Akershus and Rose and Crown. But now that I've been given the heads up about WPC, I'll tip accordingly there.

1. DISclaimer - I've only read pg 9 - - but when we were at Poly - we did get 2 mugs for the 3 of us - and one mug was the designated "coffee" mug (that coffee smell leeches into plastic - trust me!)

I can see this being a problem for us, and one reason we will probably avoid the refillable mugs. DH drinks coffee -- black, bitter, and blech :laughing: I "pollute" (as he so nicely puts it) my coffee with sugar and milk or cream. So we can't share one mug as a "coffee" mug. And he drinks regular soda, I drink diet, we both drink iced tea...I think we'll be using a lot of snack credits or paying OOP for beverages. We are also ordering sodas and bottled water from Garden Grocer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter