Your recommendations for the best restaurant for my birthday

MinMou

DIS Veteran
My family decided the best time for us to return to WDW would be around MY birthday. Where should we go for my birthday meal(s)?

Where are u staying? What’s your fave food
THank you for asking!
We are planning to stay at the YC or BC, but we will be hitting all the parks and are willing to eat at any of them or any of the hotels.
My favorite food is chocolate, but I also like beef, fish, lamb, and most vegetables and fruit. I can find something at any restaurant, but I want to make suremy slightly picky 8 year old will find something to eat.

I recommend Flying Fish for a special birthday dinner. Also, they have a children's menu and the chefs seem to cater to children. On a recent visit, I witnessed a child receiving a special dish with fruit and chicken cooked to his specifications. The adult meals were wonderful, especially liked the Cocoa Breach for dessert. It is a chocolate mocha heaven.

Last edited:

THank you Kimrlav. That wasn't on my radar, and the menu looks great! We definitely need to try that place

What park will you be in on that day? Here are all of our favorite lunches and dinners:

MK - Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony’s.
Epcot - Space220, Coral Reef, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, Le Cellier.
DHS - 50’s Prime Time Cafe and Hollywood Brown Derby,
Disney Springs - The Boathouse.
AKL - Boma.

What park will you be in on that day? Here are all of our favorite lunches and dinners:

MK - Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony’s.
Epcot - Space220, Coral Reef, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, Le Cellier.
DHS - 50’s Prime Time Cafe and Hollywood Brown Derby,
Disney Springs - The Boathouse.
AKL - Boma.
WOW
Lots of choices! And we've only been to one on your list.
I haven't put together a game plan of what park on what day - we just picked a general time frame last night. Maybe I can just claim it's my birthday every day of the trip?

We have been there several times during DH’s birthday and he wore the birthday pin on his special day. He had CMs wish him a HB walking around and at meals was sung to and brought sorbet (he has food allergies) with a candle in it. We have heard people while sitting at restaurants mention they wore the pin every day of their trip or were visiting a different week or month from the birthday and it was made just as special as if it were the actual day.

THank you for asking!
We are planning to stay at the YC or BC, but we will be hitting all the parks and are willing to eat at any of them or any of the hotels.
My favorite food is chocolate, but I also like beef, fish, lamb, and most vegetables and fruit. I can find something at any restaurant, but I want to make suremy slightly picky 8 year old will find something to eat.
'Best' chocolate dessert at Disney is the chocolate soufflé at Shula's (inside Dolphin, near Boardwalk).

According to many, Shula's also serves some of the 'best' steak at Disney (lamb was not available this past summer).

The football theming may not be enjoyable for everyone, but the place hits all the appropriate food-spots.

You may also want to peek at the menus of BlueZoo, Amare and/or Il Mulino. These places are also inside Swan & Dolphin complex, where food is generally a notch-above Disney places.

Yacht Club is fine, and so too is (reopening soon) Flying Fish.

Enjoy your birthday.

Thanks, JZ! I will have to include Shula's for at least one meal - DH LOVES football, and I LOOOOOOVE chocolate! DS will share steak with one of us :)

"According to many, Shula's also serves some of the 'best' steak at Disney..."

Nope. Pete and I agree that it's waaaay overpriced for what you get.

We didn't care for it, but Steakhouse 71 would be better as would Le Cellier.

Yachtsman has fabulous steaks, IMO. We've never had a bad meal there. However, it's probably better for teens and adults, a more upscale atmosphere than Stk 71 or LeC.

Just a tip on Chefs de France...it's been a must-do for years for us but service was so-so and food badly cooked when we ate there in November. Also, the menu is very limited compared with pre-pandemic. We were terribly disappointed.

I don't know if you like fancier places or lively. But if you asked me I would want to go to Raglan Road. It checks off all of he boxes for a more "entertaining" birthday dinner. Plus their beer is cheaper than most places. lol

I love BOG (atmosphere) and Oga’s (drinks/atmosphere); Topolinos dinner (Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake) AND breakfast (characters). Steakhouse71 is also a must do for us (teen loves the cake and it’s guaranteed nut free). It looks like Topolinos may have downgraded their chocolate! Also before heading to dinner at Topolinos you can stop by Le Petit cafe to pickup some extra Madeleines and chocolate tarts. Flying fish is also a must do for us.

We’ve had cakes delivered to Boma and Ohana (by GF bakery) but Ohana has gone seriously downhill (see cake chatter thread for cake ordering)

And add specialty desserts at MK:

https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/
I would think a fireworks dessert party would be nice as well. We had someone celebrate their 21st and everyone sang Happy Birthday and cheered. Celebration at the top at Contemporary (unlimited small plates and desserts) sound great if you can snag a reservation and don’t care much about the fireworks view.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/celebration-at-the-top/

Last edited:
I thought Shula‘s was very, very good. Expensive, but steak was high quality and cooked perfectly. One of the best meals we’ve ever had while vacationing at Disney. The prices have gone up more since we originally tried it here.
I also really like Flying Fish, Topolino’s, and The Boathouse. My picky eater enjoys all of those too.

If you're looking to switch it up a bit, maybe consider checking out caffetropea.co.uk. They serve up delicious Italian cuisine that could add a flavorful twist to your birthday celebrations. Just a thought! Whatever you decide, wishing you a fantastic birthday filled with amazing food and great company!

Hmm… were foodies, but our kids and we all loved these places:
MK: Skipper’s Canteen - the Kungaloosh chocolate dessert is awesome! The jokes are wonderfully cheesy.
AK: chill out at Nomad Lounge. Our favorite dining experience in the parks. Small menu but everything is good. Everything.
Epcot: it’s not a popular opinion, but we’ve never had a bad meal at San Angel Inn, and you can’t beat the ambiance if you get a good table.
HS: Ummm… no comment. I’ve never eaten at Hollywood Brown Derby. Get breakfast brunch at the Yacht Club at Ale & Compass and definitely order the dark chocolate waffles.
DS: Homecomin’, Raglan Road… we like Jaleo, but our kids didn’t love it. Eager to try some of the new places, since we haven’t been there since 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter