Your opinion please...Davids Bridal Nightmare

Gabrielle0625

Gabrielle0625
Hello ladies:

I am so worried...

I bought this new Oleg Cassini dress from Davids Bridal in South Florida.
They had to have it shipped from the orlando store.

I was promised I would have it yesterday (Friday).
Well I am sure you guessed....THEY DIDN'T HAVE IT.
Just now I got a call from Davids Bridal and they said orlando shipped the wrong dress.
Now they are saying the orlando store is OVERNIGHTING my dress and I will have it this Tuesday (12/06).

Well as most of you know (from all of my posts) my Intimate Wedding is December 16th.

We are leaving for Disney on the 15th.

So that basically gives me a week to get my dress altered.
This is where I am freaking out.

Well I was upset and asked to speak to a manager.
Then the girl from Davids Bridal told me they would do all my alterations for FREE and that it would take them 48 hours to do the alterations.

When I originally tried the actual dress on in Orlando......the lady told me it would be $200 to alter my dress. I guess it because of the fabric or the fact that I am only 5 foot 3.

Given the fact that Davids Bridal charges a $25 Rush Fee....that would have come to $225....

As of right now....I told them thats fine (considering my dress alone was $900) and that I want the manager to fax me something saying the alterations will be FREE.

Now what I am asking is................WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

Would you drive the 4 hours to Orlando and just get the dress.....or would you take the $225 of Free alterations??????????????????????????

How much did all of you pay to have your dress altered because of height???
Was the lady just trying to rip me off by saying $200?
Or is this a good deal??? :confused3

Thank you so much for all of your opinions.
I have everything but my dress....wish me luck.

Gabrielle
12/16/05 Wedding Pavilion

I'd tell them that you'll bring the dress in ON Tuesday/Wed for alteration, depending on what time you receive the dress.
Confirm that the manager agreed to alter the dress for FREE out the door at their S.FLA store, Demand to have it COMPLETE BY FRIDAY. That'll lave 2~3days of cushion incase they mess up anything.
and must get that agreement in writing from the store manager(s).

Good luck and Congradulations!

groomtb said:
I'd tell them that you'll bring the dress in ON Tuesday/Wed for alteration, depending on what time you receive the dress.
Confirm that the manager agreed to alter the dress for FREE out the door at their S.FLA store, Demand to have it COMPLETE BY FRIDAY. That'll lave 2~3days of cushion incase they mess up anything.
and must get that agreement in writing from the store manager(s).

Good luck and Congradulations!

Groomtb, you're so funny. I completely agree with you though, and I'm a bride (not a groom). I would pick it up to make sure that it was the right dress instead of having them resend it and having them make another mistake. And then I would take that piece of paper saying that they would do the alterations for free in 2 days to the davids bridal closest to you and have them do the alterations right then and there. Good luck and congratulations of your wedding. Have a lot of fun.

It should not matter how tall you are on the hem cost....even if they are hemming an inch they still have to hem it. I hate Davids.....I worked at a bridal shop for 7 years and we charged for a hem and the price varied based on the style not how much they had to take off. Hem on a straight was least expensive. If it would make you feel better I would say go get the dress and make them alter it for free.

I would go get my dress and make them alter it for free, and also speak with a store manager and let them know that this is unacceptable service, as you are the consumer and probably have already paid for your dress. I would also see if there was something else that they could do for you besides the altering.

Good Luck and Congratulations, Don't stress, it'll all be worth it in the end when you walk down the aisle and say your vowes. Hope everything turns out ok. :hug:

I agree with everyone else. Go get your dress, then take it directly to the store to get your free alterations. Get everything in writing though. They will try to charge you otherwise.

David's Bridal makes me so mad! I work at a "real" bridal shop - for over 4 years now - and I get complaints every week about David's. Especially their alterations costs. They sell all these dresses at inexpensive prices, then charge more for alterations than the initial cost of the dress. At my store, we have dresses ranging from $500 to $4000 - and that includes your alterations!!!! It also includes pressing and storage. Unlike David's, we'll keep your dress at the store until your wedding day - no worries for you transporting your dress around!

I am so sorry that you have had these stresses just a week before your wedding. At least you know that the day will be Disney magical!!

Hope everything works out ok - so sorry that you are having these problems so close to the wedding!

I'd go get the dress and make them pay for alterations. My dress was altered in 2 days and then I left for my wedding 3 days later so it can be done quickly. My alterations were around $200 and that included shortening the dress, taking in a bit of the top and doing the bustle which had 9 ties.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter