Your Opinion on the best area/spot to eat at these Restaurants.

JerrodDragon89

DIS Veteran
I know Opinion's are subjective but just wanted to asked what people thought are the best areas/spots to request to be at when in these restaurants?
(Taking my Girlfriend to all of these and its both of our first time at all of these so just wanted some input to make our trip the most special it can be)

Lamplight Lounge - For Brunch- Inside or outside near the water?

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar (I know we might not be able to choose where we seat because its small but best spot to get to see the Windows and Little ship in the bottle)

Wine Country Trattoria - For Dinner/sunset - If we could request a seat anywhere here where would you want to be the most?

Thank you for any thoughts

You are not really going to have a choice at these.

Lamplight is notorious for not even taking seating requests. They are so busy, you get sat where they put you. And they usually will not budge if you don't like the table location. At this place, the best seats are actually at the bar (in terms of getting good service), in my experience.

Trader Sam's you will also have ZERO ability to request. As a party of 2, you will likely end up at the bar. They reserve the tables for larger parties.

Wine Country is set up such that all the tables are basically in the same location. It's a small location. You can't see the sunset from the tables. There is a pergola covered in ivy over all the tables and there are hedges and umbrellas preventing most of the view outwards.

So we’ve been to 2 of these places. Lamplight lounge is great. The restaurant opens up to the water and is pretty cool. Along the water is best though. Lots of great views, etc. the only thing I would caution is make sure you like the brunch menu if you’re going at a brunch time. They do not allow you to order from the regular menu. I wasn’t a big fan of the brunch menu myself.

Wine country is nice. It was a hot day and we asked to be seated inside, which they were able to accommodate, however, felt like only fans cooling the place, so May as well have stayed outside.

So we’ve been to 2 of these places. Lamplight lounge is great. The restaurant opens up to the water and is pretty cool. Along the water is best though. Lots of great views, etc. the only thing I would caution is make sure you like the brunch menu if you’re going at a brunch time. They do not allow you to order from the regular menu. I wasn’t a big fan of the brunch menu myself.

Wine country is nice. It was a hot day and we asked to be seated inside, which they were able to accommodate, however, felt like only fans cooling the place, so May as well have stayed outside.
Thank you

Yeah Brunch was the only way for us to eat there around noon time but looking at the menu there are a few things that seem interesting at least.
Hopefully because its sunset and the weather haven't gotten hot yet (going in three weeks) Wine country wont be that bad but will keep that in mind if its hot

Lamplight is notorious for not even taking seating requests. They are so busy, you get sat where they put you. And they usually will not budge if you don't like the table location. At this place, the best seats are actually at the bar (in terms of getting good service), in my experience.

Trader Sam's you will also have ZERO ability to request. As a party of 2, you will likely end up at the bar. They reserve the tables for larger parties.

Wine Country is set up such that all the tables are basically in the same location. It's a small location. You can't see the sunset from the tables. There is a pergola covered in ivy over all the tables and there are hedges and umbrellas preventing most of the view outwards.
Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it

For Lamplight, I will still go early and see if I can make a request and see if they can do it but its good to know 2 of these places wont really allow it so my expectations are set right

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it

For Lamplight, I will still go early and see if I can make a request and see if they can do it but its good to know 2 of these places wont really allow it so my expectations are set right

I've tried to request seating twice. The first time, they told me absolutely not. The second time, they took the request and then went so far away from it that it felt like they were messing with me on purpose. I stopped asking after that, and started getting amazing seats.

By the way, brunch is great. Get the Avocado toast (it's really just steak and eggs...Avocado isn't a major player). And don't pass on the Mimosa flight!

Thank you

Yeah Brunch was the only way for us to eat there around noon time but looking at the menu there are a few things that seem interesting at least.
Hopefully because its sunset and the weather haven't gotten hot yet (going in three weeks) Wine country wont be that bad but will keep that in mind if its hot
The brunch menu is Lamplight Lounge's best menu in my opinion (and MANY other people as evidenced online and social media). Brunch reservations are extremely difficult to get. Enjoy, the brunch is fantastic.

Lamplight is great if you're outside but the inside is also pretty great.

Trader Sam's, I've only sat at the bar. It's so tiny that as long as you're inside it's great.

Never done Wine Country.

Trader Sam's is fun no matter where you sit, but the one location I like least is at one of the tall tables by the door. It always feels like you're in someone's path and it makes me uncomfortable. Plus, as a rule, I don't care for high seats at a bar table. I do like the actual bar, though!

Try to enjoy without focusing on whether you did or didn't get "the best."
For sure, it will be great no matter how it turns out but just seeing if people have thoughts on better seating. Which besides one person saying outside is nice for LL, it seems like we should have a great time

I second sitting at the bar facing the water. Great service every time we've eaten at the bar. And it's a beautiful view.

The brunch menu is Lamplight Lounge's best menu in my opinion (and MANY other people as evidenced online and social media). Brunch reservations are extremely difficult to get. Enjoy, the brunch is fantastic.
What time is brunch ? What days?
I saw the Brunch menu online.
I've tried to request seating twice. The first time, they told me absolutely not. The second time, they took the request and then went so far away from it that it felt like they were messing with me on purpose. I stopped asking after that, and started getting amazing seats.

By the way, brunch is great. Get the Avocado toast (it's really just steak and eggs...Avocado isn't a major player). And don't pass on the Mimosa flight!
I never thought of going to brunch at LL during my August trip. It will only be me should I ask for a seat at the bar? Or is there a better place there for a solo diner?

Last edited:
What time is brunch ? What days?
I saw the Brunch menu online.

I never thought of going to brunch at LL during my August trip. It will only be me should I ask for a seat at the bar? Or is there a better place there for a solo diner?

They put most solo diners at the bar.

Brunch is Fridays-Sundays only. You don't need a reservation if you walk up right at 9am. They will be able to seat you within 5-10 minutes.

Brunch is Fridays-Sundays only. You don't need a reservation if you walk up right at 9am. They will be able to seat you within 5-10 minutes.
Thanks. I think I will make a reservation anyhow just to be on the same side. The bar sounds nice.
I like the brunch menu..

Do the seats at the bar have backs and foot rests? Or are they just stools?

Bar stools are not comfortable for me, but I'm solo. Plus I hate sitting at bars - others think everyone there wants to talk and that's not true. We should be given the option for a real table!

Do the seats at the bar have backs and foot rests? Or are they just stools?

Bar stools are not comfortable for me, but I'm solo. Plus I hate sitting at bars - others think everyone there wants to talk and that's not true. We should be given the option for a real table!

Yes, they have backs and foot rests.

A LOT of the seating at LL is "bar counter" style, next to others at either a long counter or communal raised table. There are actually very few traditional tables, and you won't get one as a solo diner.

It is a lounge, after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter