Your Opinion Needed.

JustMe28

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. I need your opinion/advice.

I weigh over 200 pounds. I'm 221 to be exact and my stomach is very big. I walk for approx. 45-50 minutes/day and am losing weight. I was wondering when I should start doing situps and working on my stomach? Would it do me any good to start now, or should I begin when I have gotten under 200 lbs?

Thanks for all your help. :D

Go ahead and start now. Those muscles can be toning up while you are losing weight.

Great question. I would start doing crunches now, instead of waiting until I lost more weight.

It will do you good to start now, because any extra muscle you have helps to burn the fat faster. Unfortunately, it's impossible to spot reduce, so situps won't help you lose the fat on your belly any faster than just dieting will. My big old gut is testament to that. :) So far, I'm losing weight everywhere except where I really want to, but with time it will come off there too.

Exercise makes you healthier and burns calories, so it's always a good idea to incorporate it anywhere you can.

I weigh 224 I also do a lot of walking. I try to do aerobics at least 3 times a week which involves sit ups and crunches. I really can't see any difference right now, but I know every time I do the crunches I can feel the difference. So I would say go for it, and above all enjoy it!! :D

I say start now...just do as many as you can..and add as you feel able too. The toning starts from underneath. It won't take long for you to see a difference.

good luck.

Start now.....the muscle under the "fluff" helps to lift a droopy belly! :D

There's no time like the present! The more you tone the better off you will be and it is true the more muscle you gain, the more fat you will burn.

Thanks so much for all your help! I was thinking that I should go ahead and begin doing crunches, but like I said, I wasn't for sure, but now I know I should. Again, thanks for all your help and support. :O)

I say get a head start and start them now. Just think how great you will look once you get down under 200! Exercise makes you feel like a million bucks too.

Melanie

Nic you know you should be doing your ab scult tapes! I highly recommend you start them and you will FEEL the difference. I know there tough at first to get thru the whole tape. The key to getting thru the entire tape is the breathing thru the exercises. You can do it i know you can. It was hard the first say three times but if you do them everyday for 4 days in a row then break for three then come back with 4 more days then break and so on you will not only feel better the exercises will become easier to get thru then once you master that go for the advanced moves in the tape. I'm just know working on adding the arms when you get to the last part of kicking the leg out so it's taken some time for me to get all the advanced moves incorporated so don't feel like your failing if you can't do them all at first. Do the begining moves and get them down then try adding an advanced move each week until you've added them all in. I know you love to do your outside walks but it's gonna get cold soon in VA and your WATP really gives you a higher calorie burn and tones you so much better than just an outside stroll. If you would challenge yourself to do a 2 mile watp tape then follow that up with the basic moves on the ab tape then tell me the next day you don't "feel" something toning and happening in your legs and abs i'll hush. But you will and you'll want to do it everyday. THat's my routine mon-thrus then i take fri-sat off. Did you say you liked my leg shape? Well that's how you can get that same shape! Go for it! Work off those lbs and tone your tummy. The watp has done wonders for toning my arms too. I broke my belt that came with the tapes so now just this week during the belt routines i'm adding my hand weights in. I can't do the whole tape with the hand weights but i do up to the first mile using them. I'll hopefully get more arm toning with that. Good luck and get moving. You WILL see the difference. And you could still do you walks outside on the weekend for bonus exercise if you wanted to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter