Your opinion needed, please read!

I

ilovdisney2

We are a family of 5, kids ages are 12, 9, and 7 we have reserved 2 rooms at the POR for May 15th - 21st. Now my husband is wanting to change to a villa or something with a kitchen and washer and dryer. We are thinking about the Old Key West and I want to know if these villas are nice and if anyone has pictures of them. Please give me any details on them and why we should change or should not change. I love the look of the mansons at POR and was set on staying there but if he is willing to spend the extra $$ will we be better off? Please help! Thanks everyone!

The villas at OKW are wonderful. The two bedroom ones are actually larger than my house.LOL. It is wonderful to have a washer/ dryer as well as a full kitchen. It saves us money because we eat breakfast and have snacks in the room. The master bath has a shower stall as well as a big jacuzzi tub. The master bedroom (at least in the ones on the ground floor) open onto a fenced in porch which is also accessable from the living room. The second bedroom has a full bath too..
We have stayed there twice and BWV 3 times and are going back in june. We love having the room to spread out.I would do it if you can afford it. If not OKW than BWV. They are within walking distance from Epcot as well as MGM or you can take a boat. They are set up similarly but not as big. The Beach Club Villas are opening soon too.

I'd echo everything shrpgrl has said. If you can afford it, it would be a good thing to do.

The villas are top notch. we love the size and ameniries. Be careful, you may end up buying DVC.:D

Hi there.

I love Port Orleans Riverside. It's a favorite of ours. I am wondering though why you booked 2 rooms here. You can actually get 5 in a room at the Alligator Bayou section if you wanted. The mansion area is our favorite but we have stayed in the Bayou section with a trundle bed saving lots of money and extended our stay with the money saved. Since we weren't in the rooms that much it was just fine since we basically needed it for sleeping and showering. I was able to do laundry at the laundry facilities by the quiet pools while the kids swam and I was right there. Two bathrroms are nice with 2 rooms getting showering done quicker but we were able to manage splitting the shower times with some in the morning and some at night. I would vote for saving money and extending a stay or doing more character meals or tours or souvenir buying with the money saved than staying at a fancier place when all is available at the moderates. The food court at PO-R is fine and rather inexpensive for Disney. On vacation we don't want to cook and clean in a rented kitchen either. I would go with PO-R. It's beautiful. The boat to Downtown Disney and PO-FQ is fun to take advantage of along with renting Surry Bikes there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter