Your opinion - is AP worth it in this situation

Linc82

Earning My Ears
Hello all -
We are visiting the parks for 6 days in December. There is a possibility we will take at least 1 trip, maybe two next year. If one trip, we'd need 3 day tickets; if two trips, we would need 5 days of tickets. We typically do Memory Maker and always stay (and eat) onsite. I usually get a 30% discount on room rates at Deluxe resorts through PIN codes, promos or bounceback offers. We don't usually do PHs but I can see the value in that for sure.
Here is my situation:

I have a 5 day ticket I purchased from UndercoverTourist about a year ago (maybe more). I also have a 1 day parkhopper I got through a charity auction last year. The archived value of those tickets is approx 525.

I understand APs cost 829 incl. MM. If I only end up going 3 days next year - is AP worth it to get the food/room discounts?

And if so - I understand I can purchase online before we get to Orlando but have to trade in our tickets for APs there. I assume they'll give me the archived price of both the PH and 5day tix toward the AP. I already have dining reservations booked - is there any benefit to buying online now vs buying the AP once there in terms of activating the dining discounts?

Thanks in advance!

The PH you got throught a charity auction is most likely worth 0 so don't count on that one. The ones they give out usually say they can't be upgraded or soldnfor a profit (fundraiser isn't considered profit) and when a GR scans it the value will say 0.

If you buy online now they will not refund you your other tickets. If you want to upgrade the 5 day ticket you have to do that in person so no need to fret until you get to the parks. You can upgrade up until end of business your last admission day (so if MK closes at say 2am you have until 2 am).

Wow, great input on the charity tix. Did not think of that.
That brings my current ticket value to 362(ish).
If I'm doing the math right - I'd have to plan on being there 10 more days next year in order to make it worthwhile???

Wow, great input on the charity tix. Did not think of that.
That brings my current ticket value to 362(ish).
If I'm doing the math right - I'd have to plan on being there 10 more days next year in order to make it worthwhile???

You have to look at the cost of the tickets seperatelt. To get to 500 it could be a 3 day trip and 2 day trip since they no longer sale non-expiring tickets.

Take the price of the upgrade of the 5 day ticket to an annual pass. Then subtract the cost of a 2 day ticket and a 3 day ticket that you would be purchasing for the other 2 planned trips. Also subtract the cost of memory maker and parking (if you were going to use either on your trip). If you come out ahead, buy the AP. If not, then stick with your original plan.

And just FYI, you can never trade in 2 tickets at once for 1 annual pass. If your 1 day ticket had not been a charity ticket, you still could not have used it and the 5 day ticket at the same time to upgrade to an annual pass. The charity ticket will not be able to be upgraded either to a longer ticket for one of your upcoming stays if you decide against an annual pass.

Hello all -
We are visiting the parks for 6 days in December. There is a possibility we will take at least 1 trip, maybe two next year. If one trip, we'd need 3 day tickets; if two trips, we would need 5 days of tickets. We typically do Memory Maker and always stay (and eat) onsite. I usually get a 30% discount on room rates at Deluxe resorts through PIN codes, promos or bounceback offers. We don't usually do PHs but I can see the value in that for sure.
Here is my situation:

I have a 5 day ticket I purchased from UndercoverTourist about a year ago (maybe more). I also have a 1 day parkhopper I got through a charity auction last year. The archived value of those tickets is approx 525.

I understand APs cost 829 incl. MM. If I only end up going 3 days next year - is AP worth it to get the food/room discounts?

And if so - I understand I can purchase online before we get to Orlando but have to trade in our tickets for APs there. I assume they'll give me the archived price of both the PH and 5day tix toward the AP. I already have dining reservations booked - is there any benefit to buying online now vs buying the AP once there in terms of activating the dining discounts?

Thanks in advance!
A. You cannot combine tickets for an upgrade to an AP.
B. As has been pointed out, the charity ticket is most likely not upgradeable at all.
C. AP benefits can be rescinded at any time. Buy one for the unlimited admission for one year and not the other benefits.
D. AP room discounts are the very last to be announced and are used to fill the rooms that no one else wanted (even with a discount).
E. You cannot upgrade a ticket purchased from UT to an AP over the phone. It must be done in person.​
If you only end up going for 3 days on an AP, I don't see you breaking even. The dining discount and MM for 3 days just isn't worth the cost of the upgrade.

Hello all -
Here is my situation:

Thanks in advance!

How do you get your pin codes? I have been trying for years without any success!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter