• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your gluten free WOC dessert party plate

maleficent55

DIS Veteran
Please share a pic of what you received. I have a little girl in my group next month who is GF who will be getting it and I want an idea of what she might be getting.

Thanks!

A few people in the past have said their GF plate was mostly fruit. If they only serve fruit maybe you could bring a GF treat for her. I seem to recall there was a GF cookie that some people got with the GF plate. Hopefully someone who has had it recently can chime in with a photo.

It’s like the incredi-cookie, a shortbread cookie with jelly. It was great. We are GF and did this in December, but didn’t get a picture. There were enough sweets for our15 yo. The chocolate cake is really rich. They emailed a week or so prior to see how many in our group were GF. We’ve done the DP over a dozen times and have never been disappointed in the GF offerings. Mike

This looks so good! Just curious- what was the other cookie? DId it have a fruit filling?
Definitely was the incredacookie. Shortbread with berry filling. Super delish. Just wanted to share my experience. My gluten-free requests were on my reservation but when we got there, they said they didn’t have them so they brought me out only fruit. I told him they could go ahead and take it back. I said this is a once in a lifetime experience for us on our 30th anniversary and it’s very disappointing to not have what I ordered, he said let me see what I can do and he very quickly came back with this so that tells me they definitely have trays made up so I don’t know what happened but if your order gets messed up, don’t hesitate to pursue it

In September we had a similar “can’t find your request” for GF plates, but they were quick to accommodate as I assured then that I’m very careful to include this on my reservation. No issues in December.

It’s like the incredi-cookie, a shortbread cookie with jelly. It was great. We are GF and did this in December, but didn’t get a picture. There were enough sweets for our15 yo. The chocolate cake is really rich. They emailed a week or so prior to see how many in our group were GF. We’ve done the DP over a dozen times and have never been disappointed in the GF offerings. Mike

Is the email normal? I'm GF and other than the melon it looks great (I'm not allergic to melon, I just hate the taste of any kind of melon - to the point that if something has touched it I can taste it), so I'm wondering if they email and I could request just pineapple and no melon on mine.

(Of course I'm only one person, so thinking about it now there's no need for them to email me. Darn.)

Is the email normal? I'm GF and other than the melon it looks great (I'm not allergic to melon, I just hate the taste of any kind of melon - to the point that if something has touched it I can taste it), so I'm wondering if they email and I could request just pineapple and no melon on mine.

(Of course I'm only one person, so thinking about it now there's no need for them to email me. Darn.)
The plate has changed since then as well. I don’t think it has the melon anymore. But I might be remembering wrong.

There was no melon just a couple months ago when we went, I think you'll be good!

Attachments

• IMG_9861.jpeg
    IMG_9861.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 21
As a follow up, the gluten free plate ended up being great for the one in our party who needed it. She’s 12 and said “ohhhhhh!” when it hit the table

Disney also called my cell phone the day before to verify the gluten allergy and ask more specific questions about likes/dislikes

Attachments

• IMG_9862.jpeg
    IMG_9862.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 22

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter