Your friendly Advice needed ASAP

ILOVECAMPING

Earning My Ears
I am planning on going to WDW Dec 10-14.

Are there any room only discounts available for those dates?

I am would like to try the wilderness cabins and my son wants to stay at the Boardwalk villa/ one bedroom.

I was thinking of staying two nights in the wilderness cabin and rent a golf cart to see the forts guest Christmas displays and the rest of the days BWV.

Do you know if resort guests can we rent a golf cart at the fort to see the lights at night, if they stay at another wdw resort?

I am really stressed about making reservation at this time because we want to bring our 3 year grandchild. This trip is for him.

His mother has custody and we can get him only on certain days. She determines when he can visit us on extended days. Her and family do not like Walt Disney world, and she don't like the idea we want to bring him.

I am afraid to make reservation to early because she may change her about letting him come on vacation with us. We told her a month ago about our plans.
She said, she had to think about it. A couple of days later, she told my son she has a dental appt for the child during of one of the days we had planned. She made it after we told her of our dates.My son told her to change the date. She said, she can't change it.
My son can only take his vacation of certain days. So, we have to cut our vacation short by two days.
Then it is the not knowing if she will change her mind about the trip at the last minute.

I am so stressed!

What do you think I should do?
Should I just wait until the day we are suppose to leave? Do you think there will still be rooms available at Disney without a prior reservation?

What would be the best/savings option for us?
Our party consist of 3 adults and one 3 year old
As for the dining plan. My grandson is a very picky eater. He only eats grilled cheese sandwich, mac-n-cheese , chicken noodle soup, spaghetti, and french fries.

I really would like to stay at the wilderness cabins.
Are the beds comfortable?

Worried and Sad
ILOVECAMPING

OK
For those that don't like to give others advice.

What would you do in my situation?

What is the WDW phone number for room reservations only?

Dec 11-14 this year? I don't know about the cabins but the camp sites for tents, campers and RV's have been sold out for months.

If you aren't able to rent a golf cart, you can use the Fort Wilderness busses and then walk through some of the loops that you find inviting. You might also consider a carriage ride.

Are the beds comfortable? I think you will find the beds as comfortble as any at most of the WDW resorts.

I can't help you with the picky eater issue. Perhaps it is time to start expanding the options he will eat. :confused3

If you can't get his mother to go along with the trip, there's always next year. He's only 3. Because I have to put in for vacation well in advance, I usually make my WDW reservations at least 3-4 months in advance if not longer.

Sounds like nothing you can do will make her happy. Make the reservations for the 3 adults and if the child can come, get him a ticket when you get there. If he can't make it, still have a good time yourselves.

Hi Judy
Thanks for your reply.
We will not go to WDW if the child cannot go.
The purpose of the trip is to bring him.

I tried to feed him other foods. He won't open his mouth to even taste other foods. He always has to smell his food first. If he don't like the scent, there is no way we can get him to eat the food.

I really don't know what the mother's problem is.
She don't like my son. She got really angry when my son went to court to get joint custody a few days after the child's birth.
She wanted to be an unwed mother and did not want my son to have any type of custody over the child. We shed many tears. The child is our only grandchild. We waited a long time for a grandchild. We were so happy the day we found out my son was going to "have" a child.
We couldn't wait to take the child to WDW!!!

My son never thought this would happen to him.
He believes a family should always be together.
He still does not know the real reason she broke up with him a few weeks after she became pregnant.
He does not know why she is so cold towards him.
They were planning on getting married.. but her mom was against it.
Her excuse was.. She does not love him as much as he loves her.
They are not kids.. they are now in their 30's.

She may want to hurt my son but she needs to realize, she is only hurting her child more.

I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say that I will pray for you and your family. I'm sorry that you're having to go through all of this.

The cabins are fairly easy to book. However, there is a 5-day cancellation policy for "room only", so you would have to know 5 days in advance.

I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say that I will pray for you and your family. I'm sorry that you're having to go through all of this.

Thanks YodaGirl!! You are a blessing!:hug:

clkelly thanks for the info

I will let y'all know if we are able to go to Disney or not. :confused3

The cancelation policy is 5 days but you can transfer them to a future date so you don't lose your deposit money. It can be a dummy date about a month from now (just an example) then you can go ahead and cancel to get your money back ( we had an emergency before arrival before and this is what they had us do ). I don't suggest anyone do this other than in circumstances beyond their control .Hopefully you can go and have a wonderful time with your grandchild:hug:

Thanks you for the information
I made reservations!!
The CM was very very friendly!!!

Now, I pray the mom won't give us any trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter