Your favourite places to eat outside of Disney?!

Awww I'm going to miss these fab restaurants this year will I find any of them in California?

There's a good Cheesecake Factory (with some outdoor tables and views over the Marina) at Marina Del Ray not far from LAX. Sure there will be plenty of others too; you just need to look at their website for locations :thumbsup2

There's a good Cheesecake Factory (with some outdoor tables and views over the Marina) at Marina Del Ray not far from LAX. Sure there will be plenty of others too; you just need to look at their website for locations :thumbsup2

There is also one at the Fashion Island Mall in Newport Beach :)

Claire ;)

Awww I'm going to miss these fab restaurants this year will I find any of them in California?

Are you going to Disneyland? Theres a Mimis Cafe right across the road, We stay at the Hojo next door to it, 2 mins walk to Mimi's and 10 mins walk into Disneyland.
Theres a Sweet Toms in Vegas 2080 N. Rainbow Blvd. but once you try the buffets on the strip you would not want Sweet Toms, however much I love ST it can't compare to buffets like The Bellagio or MGM, they are buffet heavens. They also have 45 locations in Cali http://www.souplantation.com/locations/fm/

If you look on their website I am sure some will be over there.

Ok its not glamorous but i love Dennys::yes:: , had the most amazing breakfast there. Have had dinners there too & they were very yummy & you end up saving lots of $'s compared to other places:thumbsup2 Cant wait to go back there in May.

Denny's is our absolute favourite for breakfast, last visit and this one coming, we have free ddp, but Denny's is a must for at least one breakfast per week!!!:)

I'm inviting myself to this year's legendary BBQ, Wayne - I want to sit on that deck and look at those fabulous views! :beach:

Most of our favs have already been mentioned but IHOP has been 'blown out' for breakfast now that we have tried the Market Street Cafe in Celebration. Really good pancakes (yes better than IHOP), eggs benedict, french toast etc. Have also tried it for lunch which was great too - everything just tasted really fresh & delicious :goodvibes

This is where the kids have asked to go back to - along with ST of course :thumbsup2

Here are the one's we would recommend:

Texas De Brazil - amazing up market buffet style place. If you sign up to their website you can get 50% vouchers too :)

Roys - They describe their food as Hawiiain fusion. It's an amazing restaurant

Le Coq Au Vin - one of the best French restaurants we've ever been to (and wespend a lot of time in France!). It's quite a bit out of the way but well worth the trip.

Cici's pizza - a pizza buffet with about 20 different types of pizza all for $5. And if you ask for your fav pizza they will make it and put it in the buffet for you!

Tony Romas - The best ribs in the world!

Chili's - good food and really cheap!

I'm inviting myself to this year's legendary BBQ, Wayne - I want to sit on that deck and look at those fabulous views! :beach:

and i'm coming too...!! ;)

So does my back garden count for fave place to eat outside of Disney?
Sat on my decking on a nice evening does take some beating. We have a hedgehog lives underneath it, squirel keeps visiting us, not long ago we had a Peacock on it. Its just like being at AKL:rotfl2:
View from Decking, but it does get cold here up North :)

Another place we still want to try is Manny's http://www.mannyschophouse.com/ gets great reviews but never manage to get to it.

Misc21Medium.jpg

DSC04768Medium.jpg

IMG_1665Medium.jpg

We went to Manny's Chop House last Easter Sunday.

Excellent food, great service. A place that the locals flock to.

I can't believe someone has recommended Ci-Ci's. Ok it's down to personal choice and all that but I would seriously think twice and then only go if it is a last resort.
We went once and all of us (6 in total) left hungry. Not because there was a shortage of food but because the food that was there was absolutley vile. The pizza's have toppings that you would never see in any reputable pizza place, the cheese didn't even taste like mozzarella and most of them had this red sauce drizzled all over them that tasted like pure chilli.
Even my DS - who is one of the worlds biggest pizza fans and would eat it every day if he could - was asking if we could leave 5 minutes after getting there.

We have only been to CiCis once as DW does not really like pizza, it was the one at Crossroads LBV, just after it opened so whats that? maybe 2 years ago?
It cost $16 for 3 of us incl unlimited soda, there was choice of 16 pizzas, pasta, salad and desserts, could not fault it, they were made fresh and constantly bringing them out all the time we were there.
I guess different locations will be different quality and standards and maybe this location has gone down hill but after our experience from back then I would recommend anyone to go.

Hmmm - I once asked if anyone had eaten there, here's the thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=21643930

It put me right off!

I can see why you'd be put off by that thread!

We were there in September and it had won quite a few 2008 awards so I would guess that those problems mentioned in the thread have been sold.

My girlfriend is half French and most of her family live in Paris so she definitely knows good French food and Coq Au Vin certainly does good French food!

I would definitely recommend trying it once and seeing what you think. Check my review of it out:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2012346

I can't believe someone has recommended Ci-Ci's. Ok it's down to personal choice and all that but I would seriously think twice and then only go if it is a last resort.
We went once and all of us (6 in total) left hungry. Not because there was a shortage of food but because the food that was there was absolutley vile. The pizza's have toppings that you would never see in any reputable pizza place, the cheese didn't even taste like mozzarella and most of them had this red sauce drizzled all over them that tasted like pure chilli.
Even my DS - who is one of the worlds biggest pizza fans and would eat it every day if he could - was asking if we could leave 5 minutes after getting there.

I guess it's each to their own but I would also class myself as one of the world's biggest pizza fans and I thought the pizza at Cici's was great - but then I love spicy food and did stick mainly to the spicy pizzas. I think the one you are talking about was the Buffalo Chicken pizza which has buffalo sauce on it.

Yes - there were some 'different' pizzas, but is that really a bad thing? You should have asked them to make up a few 'ordinary' pizzas for you - they seemed more than happy to take orders.

I won't touch the Pizza Hut buffet in this country, so I do have *some* pizza standards but Cici's is in a different league - and all for less than $5. If you're looking for cheap food its a winner

Not on holiday, I do that about 10-12 times a year at home but we are not villa fans either.
Can't wait for BBQ season to start, bought 2 new BBQ's in the sales.

when are the invites coming round?:rotfl2:

Quote I guess it's each to their own but I would also class myself as one of the world's biggest pizza fans and I thought the pizza at Cici's was great - but then I love spicy food and did stick mainly to the spicy pizzas. I think the one you are talking about was the Buffalo Chicken pizza which has buffalo sauce on it.

Yes - there were some 'different' pizzas, but is that really a bad thing? You should have asked them to make up a few 'ordinary' pizzas for you - they seemed more than happy to take orders.

I won't touch the Pizza Hut buffet in this country, so I do have *some* pizza standards but Cici's is in a different league - and all for less than $5. If you're looking for cheap food its a winner[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Raph. I wouldnt consider eating the Pizza Hut Buffet but we ate in CiCi's last September and found it great. We will definately be eating there again on our next trip!!

Talking of cheap and cheerful, why hasnt anyone mentioned the Diary Queen??...................we called into the one on I-Drive on the way out of Wet and Wild. The ice cream was like a three course meal it was really big and yummy!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter