Your favorite Quick-serve restaurants by park

Resort counter-service:

I know people complain about the lack of counter-service at Yacht/Beach Club, but I have to say, I had a great "fancy (meaning I can't remember what was on it, but it was good)" roast beef sandwich from the Beach Club quick service/store (can't remember the name) - they had some nice offerings!

And the hot dog/fries at the pool bar was perfectly acceptable.:rotfl:

Mentioned in my above post - The Boardwalk Bakery was great.

CHH has less to offer. What has changed?

In 2010 we ate there and were treated as "VIP guests". We got served in a roped off seated area on real dinnerwear. It was a really neat experience. They even took our picture to add to some album and gave the kids cookies to decorate.

Back then we ordered a fish and chicken basket that was really good. That's no longer on the menu. You can get either one by itself though. Just liked having the combo. I can't eat shrimp or lobster and those are a big part of the menu now. You can get a fish and shrip basket. Kids could get fish or chicken but don't see those on the menu anymore either. Their only option now is macaroni or salad.

Some PP's mentioned the Beach Club... which is our "resort of choice"....
(see sig)

The CS at "Hurricane Hanna's" was mentioned and I agree... I thought it was delicious... I had some kind of hummous wrap.... I thought the Burgers were just like Beaches & Cream's..... (just cheaper)

Another note... a different PP Mentioned B&C but Beaches & Cream is not on the Disney Dining plan.

Have a magical visit !
Mary

Do any of the resorts have good QS other than the food courts? I'm just thinking of other things we might be able to try.
At the Contemporary I would highly recommend the Contempo Cafe.

At the Boardwalk Inn & Villas I would highly recommend the Boardwalk Bakery, Boardwalk Pizza Window & Boardwalk To Go.

BWI - Boardwalk bakery or the pizza window
CSR - Pepper Market has nice options for their CS.

Epcot - Kringla (Norway) has sandwiches and pastries for the dessert. Fish and Chips (England), the bakery in France.

MK- Cosmic Rays is a must do!
Epcot- La Cantina de San Angel or Electric Umbrella
HS- Backlot Express
AK- Flame Tree BBQ

We're getting the free QSDP, too, but in June. I'm not upgrading, I just want a trip where we don't have to eat at a certain time b/c of a reservation.

This is where we will be eating (besides POP)

MK- Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbour House

EPCOT- Sunshine Seasons for the asian food and desserts, may try some of the counter service in England, China, Mexico or Norway

AK- Flame tree for BBQ chicken salad, may try Yak and Yeti

DHS- I don't like their food here. We will be going to Coronado Springs for the lunch buffet

MK- Cosmic Ray's! C. Harbour House is also good & Casey's is a must-do!
EP- Mexico! But Japan, Morocco, China and Sunshine Seasons are good too!
HS- They're all rubbish, but we tend to choose ABC Commissary.
AK- Flame Tree BBQ :goodvibes::)

OOOOH, this is my 400th post!! :cloud9::wizard:

MK- Cosmic Rays: Nice variety of foods to choose from. You can get a bowl of chicken soup for a snack credit. We got this for DD5 and it filled her up. They also had entertainment for the kids. A CM was giving out crayons and paper for the youngsters. There were also hula hoops for them to play with.

Pecos Bills and Torguga Tavern- Both offer a "fixens bar" and you can really put on a feed bag. I was able to create a nice side salad to go along with my burger at Pecos from the fixens bar. A good value for your money.

EPCOT- Sunshine Seasons at The Land. Again a huge variety to choose from in addition to nice atmosphere. We enjoyed a breakfast snack here last September. Very nice, I must say.

DHS- Starring Rolls. Had lunch here last June. It's the only place I've eaten in this park but the food was good and no one walked away hungry.

AK- Have not eaten a meal in this park. Sorry. :(

MK - Cosmic Ray's. We like it because there are lots of options from burgers to chicken and ribs.

EP - Sunchine Seasons at THe Land. Once again, lots of variety. They have chicken, salads, an asian station, sandwiches, and much more. Plus they have some tasty desserts.

DHS - There's no really good option here. We prefer Starring Rolls over the others. The downside is they only have premade sandwiches, you can't leave off this or that. But we like them the way they are and they also have great desserts, mainly cupcakes. Backlot Express isn't bad either, but it's mostly burgers and nuggets.

AK - We don't go here often. I would probably pick the Yak and Yeti CS option. We ate there a couple of years ago and it was good.

The only favorites we have are the Main Street Bakery in MK and Starring Rolls Bakery in DHS.

My favorite at Flame Tree
images

My second favorite - you can get this meal at a few places including the Value Resorts
l.jpg

MK: Cosmic Rays. You really can't beat the selection that they offer and I look forward to it every trip! I'm also a fan of Pinnochio Haus -- love the pizza / caesar salad combo!

EP: It used to be Electric Umbrella but I was disappointed with the selection in October. I love Sunshine Seasons in The Land Pavilion but come to think of it, I pretty much love all of the QS locations offered throughout the countries too. I've yet to try something, whether a familiar or new dish, that I wasn't impressed with!

HS: Um, Pizza Planet. I'm not a fan of the offerings at HS but the veggie pizza hits the spot on our DHS day.

AK: A big fan of Flame Tree, Pizzafari AND Y&Y! No TS ressies on our AK day(s) because I know I'll be happy with the QS offerings!

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbor House

EPCOT - Future World - Sunshine Seasons; World Showcase - Boulangerrie Patisserie

Disney Studios - Toy Story Pizza Planet

Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ

DTD - Earl of Sandwich

MK - Columbia Harbor House. We always get the fried shrimp platter with a salad
and their New England Clam Chowder - yummy

Epcot- the fast food restaurant in Germany has great food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter