Your favorite Quick-serve restaurants by park

ssledoux

Mouseketeer
Picked up ressie for September for just ds and I - free dining!! I'm sticking with QS this trip because we have regular DP for our December family trip. I have a few faves, but I'd like to hear others' favorite places to pick up QS meals in the parks.

I've got DTD covered - just need your faves in the 4 theme parks.

Thanks!!

My Recommendations for CS / QS Dining:

MK: We LOVE Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland. Great Entertainment, HUGE Selection of food... the CHicken Ribs COmbo (if still offered) is a wonderful deal ... Hubs and I could have shared this meal and had leftovers ! But the whole place fed Hubs, Me, DS(somewhat picky) , DSD(VERY VERY PICKY) and DSD2 (newly vegetarian) last visit. a TALL Order to fill......PLus Sonny Eclipse the Lounge LIzard to entertain!

EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons in THe Land - again great selection. America CS has our second fav place for selection

DHS: Sunset Market is an outdoor area between RNR and TOT that has several counter options with outdoor dining. THere are plenty of options for our family... chicken nuggets, hamburgers, pizza, etc. the italian sub from Catalina Eddie's was YUMMY! and salads too.....

AK: Yak and Yeti is a fav of mine so I"d recommend their CS options but would def. try the Flame tree which is so highly recommended as well... I've not done CS in AK For myself so let that be a disclaimer....

Have a magical visit !
Mary

MK: Cosmic Ray's is hard to beat. The roasted chicken is delicious, as are several other options. We typically wind up eating at Pinnochio Haus at least once each trip too. Something about the pizza/salad combo that hits the spot.

AK: I don't really have a favorite CS here, but Flame Tree is nice

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons has great selection. Beyond that, something from the bakery in France is always nice

DHS: The open market near ToT usually gets our business, although the food is nothing special. Everyone in my crowd can take their pick of pizza, burgers, nuggets, etc. We usually polish that off with an ice cream cone from the counter nearby

These are our families favorites:

MK - Cosmic Rays (probably our favorite CS on property)

AK- Pizzafari

Epcot- Probably Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons has a lot of choices too, but for us, we've just never been able to find something that everyone likes

DHS- Good luck:) We've yet to find a CS place that we really like here. We ate at Starring Rolls last year and it was okay. The sandwich I had was nice and refreshing (although they're pre-made, so you have to kinda pick through anything you don't like.) We've eaten at a few others (I think we try something new every year, trying to find something good) but they've all just been so-so. Not that I can't eat it, but nothing I'm looking forward to.

ETA: There are some other CS places that I wouldn't mind trying (Yak & Yeti for sure,) but we always go the first week of Sept., and honestly, we all need a nice cool air conditioned place to rest for a little bit, so we've never tried an outdoor CS place yet.

Backlot Express in HS. I know there are limited pickins in that park though. My guess is that day we will eat after we leave the park, either at DTD, or back at POP.

We really love Flame Tree in AK, but I was just wondering if there was anything else good. That's another day where we will probably eat our 2nd meal in the evening after park close so we won't have to try to find two places in the park to eat.

I'm gonna try some of the MK ideas.

What about CS meals in World Showcase? Things that are maybe a little different, but good...

MK - CHH
EP - used to be Yakitori House, now I don't know
HS - Catalina Eddie's
AK - FTBBQ

MK-- Columbia Harbor House & Cosmic Rays
HS- Starring rolls. ( kids love Pizza place)
AK- Flame Tree
Epcot-- Germany-- brat with sauerkraut and apple strudel!! Morocco has great food too. ( we stop and eat a few CS there!!)

Thanks for posting this! I was just coming to ask! :)

Any places to definitely avoid?

We are always looking for QS locations beyond a hamburger or hot dog.
So some of our faves are the following:
MK - Columbia Harbor House (Lighthouse & Lobster roll)
Otherwise we leave and go to a resort
EC - Sunshine Seasons, Tangerine Cafe, Kringla Bakery, Yorkshire Co fish Co
HS - Starring Rolls
Resorts - B&C, Pop foodcourt, POR foodcourt, Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express near the Earl, Capt Cooks (Breakfast)

MK: Columbia Harbor House

Epcot: Tangerine Café/Sunshine Seasons (I like both, but TC may not appeal to everyone, while SS has something for just about everyone)

AK: I like Flame Tree BBQ, the rest of the family likes Pizzafari

DHS: Fairfax Fare. A previous poster commented on the Ribs and Chicken platter at Cosmic Ray's; I think they do it better at Fairfax Fare.

MK: Harbor House
Casey's

Epcot: tangerine Cafe (Morocco)
Norway
Mexico

DHS: we always do table service here, so all I can recommend is a coke float or funnel cake (which may count as snack credits?) at the stand by Indiana Jones Stunt Show

AK: Yak & Yeti QS
Tea cart on the walkway between Africa & Asia - again, snack credits

MK - Columbia Harbor House (although their menu doesn't look as appealing as it was in 2010), Pecos Bill, Main Street Bakery

EP - None. Hate the CS options here.

AK - Pizzafari

HS - Toy Story Pizza Planet or Starring Rolls

MK - Columbia Harbor House
Epcot - the new Mexican QS (I think it's called La Hacienda?)
DHS - Pizza Planet
AK - Restaurantasaurus

MK-Columbia Harbor House
AK-Pizzafari
DHS-Min and Bil's Dockside diner
Epcot-Tangerine Cafe

I also have to note that if all that eating gives you an upset stomach, the apple soda at the CS Mexican place (I think it's called Sidral soda) is just wonderfully calming.

CHH has less to offer. What has changed?

I'm inclined to eat ethnic in Epcot for sure. I feel pretty sure we will have the QS Mexican for one meal there, and I am looking for other ideas (the Moroccan food would probably go over well, but Yakitori sounds good also).

We will probably just go with Flame Tree in AK, since we know it is good and we will only need one meal in that park. We'll eat elsewhere that evening.

Do any of the resorts have good QS other than the food courts? I'm just thinking of other things we might be able to try.

Magic Kingdom - Sleepy Hollow (I think). Had a funnel cake topped with powdered sugar, sooo good. Did not eat lunch here this last trip.

Epcot - Went twice to the counter service restaurants in Morocco and England - delicious. Had great margaritas in Mexico. My brother loved the beer and brat he got in Germany. We loved our wine flights in Italy and I loved my crepe and Grey Goose slushie from France! Epcot has fantastic counter service. I spent most of my time in Epcot.

MGM- I did not go to the park this past trip, but my mom brought me back a piece of grapefruit cake that one of the nice ladies from Starring Rolls grabbed for her. I ate it at the hotel, sooo good.

AK- My nieces liked Flame Tree, but for some reason I didn't eat there that day.

I also ate at the Boardwalk Bakery. It was a huge sandwich and very good.

Have fun!!

Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons & Electric Umbrella.

Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary & Backlot Express.

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ & Pizzafari.

Do any of the resorts have good QS other than the food courts? I'm just thinking of other things we might be able to try.[/QUOTE]

CSR- Pepper Market , buffet for breakfast and lunch- QS

Poly- Captain Cookes

Cont- Contempo Cafe

Havent been yet (going in June) but, these are what I have noted and remember reading good things about

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter