Your Favorite Place to Take a Break?

Didi8367

Mouseketeer
Where’s your favorite quiet place at DL & DCA? In the past, we’ve always taken a mid-day park break. But, my kids are old enough now that they really don’t need to go all the way back to the hotel for a break. However, we most likely will need a place to take a 20-30 min break during our upcoming trip.

Obviously a restaurant will have tables, etc. But I don’t want to tie up a table just to sit and rest. So, any suggestions of quiet, out of the way spots that are good for just sitting and resting a while?

Last edited:
Animation building in DCA. Good for some downtime and watch the immersive animation loop. Anyone who doesn't need total downtime could consider doing one of the Animation Academy classes, going through the Sorcerer's Workshop or attending Turtle Talk with Crush.

In DL, agree with Hungry Bear upper deck. Also consider hopping on the train for the "Grand Circle Tour".

Animation building in DCA. Good for some downtime and watch the immersive animation loop. Anyone who doesn't need total downtime could consider doing one of the Animation Academy classes, going through the Sorcerer's Workshop or attending Turtle Talk with Crush.

In DL, agree with Hungry Bear upper deck. Also consider hopping on the train for the "Grand Circle Tour".

ooooh this is a good one, I forgot about animation academy. I believe I may have dozed off on one of the padded seats while listening to the loop. Poor man’s Tenaya Spa, lol.

I like the Hungry Bear, towards the back on the upper deck.

Grand Circle tour on the train.

Tiki room

Snow White's well is usually pretty quiet.

The island, which I still think of as Tom Sawyer Island but I think it's pirate something island now. During our 2019 trip we spent a couple of hours there, my kids loved it. Very relaxing compared to the rest of the park. (Not sure if it's open again yet, actually...)

I like the little seating area that used to be the dock for the old speedboat ride under the Monorail. It's next to the Matterhorn.

0723_nws_ocr-l-trsecret-14.jpg

The other spot we really like is the secret path behind the Harbor Galley and Sailing Ship Columbia that has the cool view of the drop for Splash Mountain.

I like the little seating area that used to be the dock for the old speedboat ride under the Monorail. It's next to the Matterhorn.

The other spot we really like is the secret path behind the Sailing Ship Columbia that has the cool view of the drop for Splash Mountain.

That dock is one of my favorites, too! I always find tales there and it's nice and shady.

Our go to spots are the extended eating area next to Hyperion Theater in DCA (there are a TON of tables here and they are never all taken, so we don't feel bad). We buy some drinks from the Hollywood Lounge or Pyms Lab and just chill while our boys zone out on their phones.

In DL, we like the little alcove area on the periphery of the Galactic grill seating area, over near that little gift shop. Always empty tables here as well and it's nice and quiet.

We also enjoy the Paradise Gardens area for live music or the tables at Sonoma Terrace.

So many good suggestions here.

Pro tip on the Tiki room - the back row is most comfortable.

Although it's busy sometimes, the seating area across from Jungle Cruise is shaded if you can find a table.

The theater right outside Toontown... can't remember what it's called. When there are no shows, that area is quiet, and has restrooms. (Adjacent to Small World).

I like to ride the train all the way around for a break.

Benches near GRR.

A few that have not been mentioned yet:

Main Street Cinema
Porch Bench on Main Street (DH and I have been lucky to get that spot a few times!)
Great Moments with Mr Lincoln
Tropical Hideaway (with a Dole Whip)

Flo's V8 Cafe- outdoors in the back, with a view of RSR

I agree with many of these, (LOVE the front porch on Main Street and the Animation Building in DCA) and have one to add: Sit by the fireplace in the Grand Californian! (It's technically leaving the parks, but it's an easy leave...)

Another favorite is to take a ride on the Mark Twain. It's very relaxing and fairly quiet.

My husband's fave is to take a nap during Mr. Lincoln! 😂

I like a lot of the benches between Galaxy's Edge and Frontierland. Lots of foot traffic, but usually a good spot to sit. (And people watch, if that's your thing!)

We also took a nice break down near Pooh Corner this weekend. There's still people back there (especially with Santa being back there), but it was way less crowded than most of the park because it's so tucked away. Grabbed some cookies and a soda from the shop and sat and watched people coming off of Splash Mountain soaking wet (and bound to be freezing later as it was a cool day).

A few that have not been mentioned yet:

Main Street Cinema
Porch Bench on Main Street (DH and I have been lucky to get that spot a few times!)
Great Moments with Mr Lincoln
Tropical Hideaway (with a Dole Whip)

Flo's V8 Cafe- outdoors in the back, with a view of RSR

Most of those are not places that you can typically easily find a seat.

The other spot we really like is the secret path behind the Harbor Galley and Sailing Ship Columbia that has the cool view of the drop for Splash Mountain.

I did not know that place existed. Looks like a good spot to escape for a bit.

Last edited:
I did not know that place existed. Looks liuke a good spot to escape for a bit.

Yes, it's very out of the way. I think the only reason we found it was walking out from the Matterhorn and walking back towards Fantasyland. We looked to our right towards It's a Small World and said "what's that little place". It wasn't until much later that we saw what it was originally designed for. It's one of those fun reminders of what used to be at Disneyland like the now gone Skyway station behind Casey Jr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter