• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your favorite "extra" event?

I have not done DAH though I plan to if it is available next time we visit but I love MNSSHP! Especially on Halloween night. Great time, yes it was crowded but not the rides, we got all the signatures we wanted and only had one long wait which was for Jack and Sally. We got so much more done than we had expected. We fully expected to only do Adventureland, Frontierland and liberty Square but we got several things done at Tomorrowland as well. Saw the parade, Hocus Pocus, and HalloWishes fireworks. Did a fair amount of trick or treating and got so much candy! Terrific evening; I fully expected unbearable crowds and they just didn’t bother us at all.

Last edited:
We've loved MVMCP. I wish we'd done 2 that trip.

On our trip in March we did the HEA dessert party with Plaza viewing and loved it. We also really enjoyed the FEA dessert party at Epcot.

EPCOT DiveQuest.
When we try to go diving in Florida we never seem to make it, because we get waylaid by WDW, so it's a decent compromise to keep our diving skills somewhat intact!

Club Villain!
I was away from the boards for a while so I don’t know if there’s been discussion about where it went or if it will be back. But it was amazing. It sets the bar for unique events, in my opinion. From the food to the theming to the characters...amazing.
It ran it's course and is not returning to DHS.

I go back and forth between MNSSHP and Galactic Nights. I went to 2 MNSSHP's this year, and I personally saw no problem with the crowds and lines. Everyone's different. I really like the Hocus Pocus show (we watch it twice!), and the whole vibe around the Haunted Mansion. I love the roaming Ghosts.

My profile pic's from Galactic Nights, btw. How often do you encounter a roaming fleet of droids in Hollywood Studios?! My pic with Rey and Chewy is as treasured one. And I love all the photo-ops! Not to mention the new and improved RnR overlay. Random, but I'm not a fan of the lanyard over the bracelet. My costume was heavy, and the last thing I wanted was something around my neck.

I enjoy the dessert parties. So far we've done SWGS multiple times, and HEA once. We liked the food better for SW, but the view for HEA gave me full on Disney-induced chills.

I've done MVMCP multiple times. I'll be doing it again this year with the Tony's add-on, so we'll see how that goes! I love the Christmas party, I really do. But it just can't top the Halloween Party, in my opinion.

CLUB VILLIAN

werhr1234.jpg

DAH at MK - we have done it 3 times and have another scheduled for February. This is the only one I would continue to do over and over again.

We really enjoyed the Star Wars guided tour, but I think the format has changed. I did it with my two sons when it started in the afternoon and included the dessert party.

Also really liked EMM at MK with just my youngest son, who was six at the time. Rode SDMT 10 times, it was a great memory.

Sadly, it was not the Club Villain event that we went to, though I'd have done that for sure had it been offered. We went to the villains party. The infamous one where there was torrential rain for near an hour before the party started. Everyone was in line standing outside, expecting to be allowed in at 4, but they didn't let anyone in until 5, so we were all drenched, then there were some other issues. I guess a fairly large percentage of party goers complained, and managed to get a refund for the entry price.

Honestly, aside from getting soaked, we enjoyed the party, and would do it again if they were to offer it.

Club Villain!

I was away from the boards for a while so I don’t know if there’s been discussion about where it went or if it will be back. But it was amazing. It sets the bar for unique events, in my opinion. From the food to the theming to the characters...amazing.
Yes! I haven't been to a dessert party but I am worried that bar was set too high because this was so good.

CLUB VILLIAN

werhr1234.jpg

That is a gorgeous photo

Club Villain for sure.

Admittedly I haven't done much else besides Halloween and Christmas parties but CV was just so good.
I agree with you! I love MNSSHP but I really enjoyed the food offerings for Club Villain.

Funny enough, I wasn't too interested in Club Villain because I'm not really into the villains and the ticket price was rather high. However, my boyfriend likes rare characters and was just really interested in the whole thing, so we saved up and went.
I have to admit, it was awesome. I don't have any smaller parties to compare it to (like the dessert parties) but I hope that Disney comes up with another small-ish party that has dessert AND dinner options :) The food was rather tasty at CV.

2 of my faves are no longer around: Epcot Segway tour and the haunted carriage ride at ft. Wilderness. The segway tour at ft wilderness was fun too, in fact we’re doing it again in June.

Mickey''s Not So Scary Halloween Party. The best fireworks and parade Disney does, imho.

You all have me very interested in DAH. We are going at the end of March 2019 when will they post their availability for that time and how early do I have to reserve a spot?

We try to do one extra add-on each trip. Our favorite was Savor the Savannah. Food was really good and cast mmembers were really wonderful. There was lots of animals and just a neat experience.

We got married in Disney- does that count?! :love2:

All kidding aside- we did the MNSSHP dessert party and loved it! I hate being elbow to elbow with people watching fireworks- this was the perfect way to avoid that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter