• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your favorite Disney resort and why?

What is your favorite resort? (Please vote for the type then post which one in my thread please)

• Deluxe

Votes: 119 69.6%
  • Moderates

Votes: 29 17.0%
  • Values

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Shades of Green

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Swan/Dolphin

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Disney Spring Resorts

• Offsite

• Total voters
Deluxe...DVC...Boardwalk Villas. Own our most points here. Can walk to 2 parks. If I am quick to book (8AM at 11 month window) I can get standard view and save points in comparison to other resorts. Best DVC deal going (was until they reallocated points anyway). Plenty of great dining options within walking distance (boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Clubs, Epcot and HS). Epcot is our fave park so we like being able to walk there.

Next fave is Beach Club due to most of mentioned above (just takes more points than BWV standard view and we don't own BCV so we can't book until 7 months out).

Then I like the Wilderness Lodge resorts (BRV and CCV) and we own some at CCV so I can book December there which is why I bought. Xmas decor is lovely there. Like the quiet quaint feel and like that CCV is in the main lodge building. Also LOVE those cabins. Used to have my fave signature restaurant but that's no more. So dining options due lack but can boat over to Contemporary or MK (and then can monorail to Epcot or any monorail resort). ANd they have good lounges (Geyser Point and Territory Lounge). Like the theme and parking is pretty easy.

Last edited:
POFQ. I love the size of the resort, the food court and the boats to Disney Springs. The costs usually is within my budget. It is my go to resort except during the Food and Wine Festival. I have probably stayed there 12 times. I have stayed at many resorts including club level at some but I always come back to PQFQ.

Beach club if it is going to be swimming weather, otherwise hard to justify the price. Also really wish it had a classic quick service restaurant. What can I say, I like the disney chicken nuggets. During winter, POR is good, WL also but with the DVC change over, gone seem to be the days of getting a good discount there.

The Poly for me. Happy memories from a 2008 family vacation when our kids were 5, 8, & 10. I’m planning (and saving!) for all of us to go to the Poly again in 2020, but will need to get 2 rooms this time $$$. Hope to stay club level with a view of the lagoon. Our last visit was in 2014 at BC. Loved the pool, beautiful resort, but our room was a little tight!

The Poly for me. Happy memories from a 2008 family vacation when our kids were 5, 8, & 10. I’m planning (and saving!) for all of us to go to the Poly again in 2020, but will need to get 2 rooms this time $$$. Hope to stay club level with a view of the lagoon. Our last visit was in 2014 at BC. Loved the pool, beautiful resort, but our room was a little tight!
Maybe look into renting DVC and getting 2 connecting DVC rooms at Poly. They are lovely.

Maybe look into renting DVC and getting 2 connecting DVC rooms at Poly. They are lovely.
I looked into DVC but only wish there were 2 queen beds, instead of 1 & the pull outs. I think the Poly is the only DVC like that.

I looked into DVC but only wish there were 2 queen beds, instead of 1 & the pull outs. I think the Poly is the only DVC like that.
No, all studios except OKW have a queen and pull out. And some have the flip down TV bed. OKW have 2 real queen beds.

No, all studios except OKW have a queen and pull out. And some have the flip down TV bed. OKW have 2 real queen beds.
Ok, actually, I did think about renting DVC at other resorts, but was looking at the 2 bedroom villas. I guess what I meant was the Poly doesn’t seem to have DVC villas with 2 bedrooms. REALLY want to stay at the Poly though!

My favorite is the Grand Floridian. I just love the ambiance and the decor. Also love the location.

Second is the Contemporary (location!) and it was the first I ever stayed at when I was little.

Swan/Dolphin is also great (rates are fair) and close to the Boardwalk.

Favorite moderate is Port Orleans.

For how frequently we like to go, deluxes are just out of our price range for a whole trip. We've done a few nights at them here and there and of the deluxes I've stayed at the Boardwalk is probably my favorite. But most of the time we're moderate people and our favorite is CSR. Love the pool, love the rooms, and love the theming of the resort.

I can't believe I forgot about my account here! Was just trying to cheer myself up by looking at all the Walt Disney World Resorts on Google Maps! Then searched about forums pertaining to favorite Disney Hotels and came across DisBoards and remembered my account.

I voted for the Deluxe Hotels. Yes, they are more expensive, but everything is top notch there. I love the theme's of the deluxe resorts and their proximity to the parks.

I have stayed at Disney's Beach Club Villas Resort, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, and Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort. I loved all my trips and all three hotels, but my overall favorite was The Beach Club Villas Resort.

- Beach Club was my first Disney trip ever with my family, so it will always be the most sentimental hotel to me.
- The theme of the Beach Club (and Yacht Club) are New England/Cape Cod Style - being from Boston I can appreciate that.
-The Beach/Yacht Club's pool is the BEST thing ever - the ship slide, the lazy river and the sand on the bottom was an amazing experience.
- The location - set between Epcot and Hollywood Studios is VERY convenient - less buses are a-okay with me.
- Also, the atmosphere of Crescent Lake with Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin is my favorite area of all of Disney World. It's exciting but also serene at the same time.
- I love pastel colors, so Beach Club's color palette - baby blue, mint green and white looks so pretty and inviting!

For hotels, I personally love the looks of: Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs.

In all honesty, you probably can't go wrong at any WDW hotel!

I can't believe I forgot about my account here! Was just trying to cheer myself up by looking at all the Walt Disney World Resorts on Google Maps! Then searched about forums pertaining to favorite Disney Hotels and came across DisBoards and remembered my account.

I voted for the Deluxe Hotels. Yes, they are more expensive, but everything is top notch there. I love the theme's of the deluxe resorts and their proximity to the parks.

I have stayed at Disney's Beach Club Villas Resort, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, and Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort. I loved all my trips and all three hotels, but my overall favorite was The Beach Club Villas Resort.

- Beach Club was my first Disney trip ever with my family, so it will always be the most sentimental hotel to me.
- The theme of the Beach Club (and Yacht Club) are New England/Cape Cod Style - being from Boston I can appreciate that.
-The Beach/Yacht Club's pool is the BEST thing ever - the ship slide, the lazy river and the sand on the bottom was an amazing experience.
- The location - set between Epcot and Hollywood Studios is VERY convenient - less buses are a-okay with me.
- Also, the atmosphere of Crescent Lake with Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin is my favorite area of all of Disney World. It's exciting but also serene at the same time.
- I love pastel colors, so Beach Club's color palette - baby blue, mint green and white looks so pretty and inviting!

For hotels, I personally love the looks of: Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs.

In all honesty, you probably can't go wrong at any WDW hotel!
I saw this discussion pop up and I went thru reading everyone's thoughts and opinions, which made me feel pretty happy as I miss Disney so much!
My favorites are Polynesian, Beach Club, Boardwalk and Port Orleans Riverside
The one I want to try the most and have not yet stayed at is Animal Kingdom Lodge

Seems as though every on site resort becomes our favorite, but the two we frequent the most are Poly and CBR.

Seems as though every on site resort becomes our favorite, but the two we frequent the most are Poly and CBR.
Why? Poly: location and ambience
CBR: Energy and the quiet pool at each island - almost always have the pool to myself

I will let you know once I stay at all your choices more than one night. My top five overall resorts with stays of 4+nights are, by category: Deluxe, Moderate, Moderate, Deluxe, Value. So, which do I chose?

As for why, it depends on various reasons, such as makeup of party, settings, amenities, etc...

1. AKL Savanna/Club Level-Pros: Beautiful Resort, lots of animals, great pool; Cons: Loud eateries, so-so transportation

2. POFQ - Pros: Rooms are great for 2 people, beautiful grounds, ease to DS, good transportation, decent food; Cons: Shared bus to DS if not using boat, no private balcony

3. FW Cabins - Pros: Large deck, no shared walls, living area to spread out, more relaxed feel, boat to MK; Cons: Internal buses when not using a golf cart, all food located farther from cabins

4. BWI - Pros: Close to 2 parks, easy food options on boardwalk, decent room size, balconies; Cons: Long hallways if you are the last room, scary pool feature (childhood fear of clowns pops up occasionally)

5. AS Movies - Pros: I just had a great trip overall when I stayed here, corner room with view of TS characters, easy walk to buses and no bad waits for buses; Cons: buses to everywhere, pools and dining can get busy, no private balconies

Last edited:
There are many resorts you could make an argument for to take the top spot. We haven’t stayed at all but VGF is hard to beat in my book. Just a notch above in most categories and I have a special affinity for the penguin fountain 😀😀😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter