Your Favorite Diet Friendly Meal

kayeandjim00

<font color=purple>Now living in Onderland!<br><fo
In the past three weeks ago we have been trying new healthier recipes. We have already found several new favorite recipes and they are so good it's hard to belive that they are good for us too! Wondering if others have found this to be true as well and what your new favorites are! For us it's Jambalaya made with Turkey Sausage and Shrimp - VERY GOOD! (DH always says are you sure we should be eating this :D ) And baked sweet potato "chips" are also very yummy. Please tell me some of yours!

and I like a lot of variety but here are some of my favs:

breakfast : vitamuffin 2 pts
berries with vanilla light-n-fit yogurt 2 pts
Aunt Jemima LF pancakes with SF syrup 2 pts for 2 pancakes

lunch:
any kind of chef-type salad with egg, meat, RF cheese, etc and Kraft Just 2 Good Three Cheese Ranch dressing
smart ones for convenience

lunches out:
Subway RF seafood salad 4 pts
Wendys' taco salad no chips/sour cream 6 or 7 pts
Panera Bread French Onion Soup 4 pts (?)

dinner:
Trader Joe potsickers and stir-fry veggies
Grilled veggie burger topped with pickles, tomato, onion and mustard 2 pts

desserts:
Smart One or skinny cow ice cream treats 2-3 pts
Trader Joe cappucino meringue cookies 2 pts

well that's what sounds good this week :)

I am another WW follower and love WW's Philly cheesesteak sandwiches. The recipe can we found at the top of this forum under the WW recipe thread.

Thinly slice 2 medium zucchini and or yellow squash. Dice a small amount of onions, and about 1/3 of a green pepper. Saute over high heat until the squash starts to brown.

Meanwhile, mix together 2 eggs, 1/4 c. sour cream, 1/4 c. heavy cream, and 4 oz. shredded sharp cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.

Mix the warm squash into the egg/cheese mixture in a shallow casserole, and bake at 400 or so until the mixture is firm and the top is browned (~30 minutes or so, depending upon the size of the casserole). If you like, shake a little parmesan cheese on the top and pop back in the oven for a few minutes.

This is full of flavor, reheats very well, and is Atkins friendly.

Yum!

YUM, disboo. Did you add this to our collection of low carb recipes? My husband doesn't care for squash but I sure do.

Those low carb recipes are <b>HERE</b>

I just added a recipe for "Grilled Green Shrimp" to the WW recipe thread. (Sorry, thought I had already submitted it. :( )

I think it would work for Atkins/low carb people, too, just without the rice side dish.

It's easy and DELICIOUS!

My favorite "diet" meal is tacos...
Made with real ground beef. Ortega seasoning. Old el' Paso shells. Cheddar cheese. Lettuce. Tomatoes. Sour cream. Ortega taco sauce. MMMMMMMM

The "diet" part comes in by eating only ONE of these tacos....not THREE like I used to. :)

I don't really have a favorite meal, so to speak, on Atkins, but just adore any dish that has Lobster or shrimp in it! :)

I love to go to Outback and my favorite meal there is the Ayers Rock steak, with grilled veggies, salad and a skewer of shrimp (and lots of melted butter).

YUM, wonder if I could get Wilgus to take me there for dinner tonight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter