Your favorite casserole or homemade alfredo sauce recipe?

The Mystery Machine

Sunrise at my house. :+)
Help! School has started and DH and I are looking for somewhat simple casserole recipes that kids would like. 10yo DD has too many activities around suppertime. I would like something I could prepare early in the day so I could toss in the oven later. What is your favorite your family enjoys? Also I keep looking for a "good" alfredo sauce recipe, you know creamy, cheesy, and yum, over linguini. Any help would be appreciated?

This one is simple and very good, Chicken and brocolli,
Cook chicken, I usually boil or bake it ahead of time
Cook brocolli, you can use either fresh or frozen, on both the chicken and brocolli you use as much as you want

put chicken on bottom of 9x13 pan I just pull it apart
Put cooked brocolli on top of chicken
mix 2 cans of cream of borcolli soup(you could also use cream of chicken)mix with enough milk to make it like a sauce,
Pour over chicken and brocolli, put shreded cheese on top of soup and sprinkle breab crumbs(not a lot) on top of cheese
heat in 350 oven till warm and cheese is melted and soup is bubbly,
Sometime I serve this over baked potatos or with rice.

Here is one my family likes and it couldn't be easier!

6 Can Casserole

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can evaporated milk
1 can Chinese noodles
2 small cans chicken (I sometimes use 1 large can instead)

Open all cans. Mix soups and milk. Stir in flaked chicken. Stir in noodles. Pour into a long glass baking dish or a casserole dish. You can top with bread crumbs or potato chips. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

With a salad or green beans and some rolls you have a filling supper. I try to keep these ingredients on hand for when I need an easy supper fast. BTW, I use evaporated skim milk and low fat soups. I have even used regular milk in place of the condensed milk if I am out, but it isn't quite as rich and creamy.

Okay. Here is a tip that has helped me. I buy a large family pack of hamburger and one of chicken (maybe on a weekend where I have a little extra time). I boil the chicken and while it is cooking I brown the beef in small batches. I drain the hamburger and put it into freezer baggies. I fill them with casserole-sized helpings of meat. Then, when the chicken is done, I cube it and put it into baggies in the same way. I label them with the date and pop them all in the freezer. This gives me the ability to pull a package out and defrost it in a moment's notice. It is amazing how quickly you can put together a casserole if the meat is prepared in advance. It also gives you a quantity of chicken broth that you can freeze or use for dinner that very night.

Here are 2 other recipes that we like:

Freda's Fritos serves 6

1 lb. ground beef
1 diced onion
1 can red kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 small bag fritos
1/2 lb. grated cheese
salt, pepper, dash of cayenne (to taste)

Brown ground beef and onion. add beans, tomato sauce, and seasoning. Layer fritos beef mixture, cheese and repeat. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes until bubbling.

I have also made this from leftover chili. Just make sure that it is a little soupy or it will turn out too dry. The fritos soak up a lot of juice. I have also been known to cut the amount of cheese by only putting it on top. That works fine too. This is an easy and FAST one. My kids love it.

Shipwreck

1 lg. pkg noodles
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 lg. onion, diced
1 can cream style corn
1 lb hamburger
grated cheddar cheese

Brown hamburger and diced onion and drain. Meanwhile boil noodles and drain. Mix soups and corn in casserole. Add meat and noodles. Mix. Cover with cheese. Bake 350 until bubbling. You can also divide the recipe and freeze it. It makes a lot.

Found this recipe for Alfredo Sauce:

Antonio's Alfredo Sauce

1 cup heavy cream
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup of Parmesan cheese

Heat the cream and butter in a pot. Do not let it boil. Slowly add your Parmesan cheese with a whisk. The cheese should blend in with the cream sauce for about 2 or 3 minutes. Serve over your favorite pasta.

This recipe came out of my kitchen in what began as pure accident. It is now a family and friend favorite.

Cheezy Alfredo

4 Cups milk
1 stick butter (margarine)
2 8 oz pks of Cream Cheese
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp garlic powder- I like more
salt, pepper
Cook all of the above over medium heat, stirring quite often, Until the mixture is almost smooth

Turn off the heat

Now add 8 oz parmesean cheese.

Toss in your pasta.... serve in approx 5-10 minutes.

add-ins: broccoli, mixed veggies, chicken, or ground beef.

Tater Tots Hot Dish
serves 4

1lb hamburger, browned (I do it ahead like MerryPoppins)
1 can peas, drained (I used 1/2lb frozen)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup (or cream of mushroom)
1/2 cup milk
Tater Tots

Mix all but Tater Tots together . Cover top with Tater Tots.
Bake at 350 for 45 min, uncovered.

I generally "build" this either the night before or in the morning before leaving for work. Also, although the recipe says 45 min, I don't think it takes that long. I only cook it until the soup mixture starts to bubble up in the center.

Chicken Tetrazzini

1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
3 Tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups cream ( I now use the Landolakes FF)
1/2 cup sherry or white wine -( you could use chicken stock)
4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1/2 pound thin spaghetti broken in half or thirds, cooked and drained
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grease a shallow 2-quart casserole.

In a frying pan sauté the mushrooms in the butter.

In a mixing bowl combine the mushrooms with the cream, sherry, chicken and spaghetti.

Place into the prepared casserole and sprinkle with Parmesan.

Bake in a 350º oven for 30 minutes.

Serves: 6 to 8

I think this is pretty easy. It is a great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey. I haven't made this in years, but I used to bring it to a lot of potluck suppers and it went over pretty well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter